Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hack Night at InstructureCon

Hi team InstructureCon! I'm excited to attend (this is my first year but I've heard so many great things)! I want to know what it is you want to see and do this year at Hack Night. What have you enjoyed in the past? Or what might you enjoy for the future? It's an open book so far--let's make it great. 

Here's what we have so far: 

1. HackNight info is on the Atomic Jolt Facebook page--this year Atomic Jolt and Cidi Labs are co-sponsors--so head to the page and show some love. Atomic Jolt - Home | Facebook 
  2. While you're there, you can find the Hack Night details under Events--or you can skip and head straight to the source Hack Night, InstructureCon17 Tickets, Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM | Eventbrite 
  3. Registration is free but because we don't want to run out of our super-spy-awesome-swag, let us know you are coming--there will be snacks and prizes and a cash bar. 
  4. Tell us what you want to see this year at Hack Night. You can email me or message me and let me know--I'll collect the ideas and then we'll make it super-spy-awesome together.  @jacoba_behunin ‌ or jacoba.behunin@atomicjolt.com

See you there! 

Jacoba

Note from the Community Team:Please note that we've got two active parallel discussions about Hack Night 2017 underway in this space, so please be sure to read through both, and contribute to either or both where necessary! The related conversation is atHack night?

33 Replies

After 31 years of Kenny Rogers or Mr. Rogers jokes...I can take them. Maybe that's why I have such a mean sense of humor? I have to take out my aggression somewhere?

(Side note...I attended the CanvasLive Party...your dad jokes/puns deserve an award. A handmade award only a dad could appreciate.)

Oh heck,  @mjennings ‌ , I have made a life-long career out of wise-cracking, and I can take as well as give. I suspect that in my time in the Community, I have managed to smart off to a significant percentage of members, including you. Keep 'em coming!

And, by the way,  Master Waylon Jennings has been one of my all time favorite Country singers since his very first release!

Agent K

Yes, please come! Hang out on the walls or the computers. Introverts and extroverts (and those 51% 49% ers) are welcome!

hsiao_62

Awesome! I’d like to be a “fly on the wall” as well! Not a programmer per se ... call it a long time aspiration. How can I sign up, and how can I prepare so I can maximize my experience? Smiley Happy

That sounds great, please come. I'm gathering RSVPs so that I can make sure

I have an idea of who is coming and what I'll bring for prizes, so please

register and I'll keep you looped in on all the updates as they come.

Looking forward to it!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hack-night-instructurecon17-tickets-35642869783

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 4:47 PM, hsiao.62@osu.edu <instructure@jiveon.com>

Oh duh! I totally missed the link! Excuse me and thank you Smiley Happy

tdurbin
Community Contributor

This will be my first year attending & have high interest in both areas.

I have already RSVP'd & look forward to the information overload while meeting all kinds of new & interesting people!

Hi  @tdurbin 

Awesome to hear you are coming Tye! I'll see you there.

Agent K

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hey All,

By way of updates, our fabulous and wise events team will have table top sign holders for 8.5x11 signs.  We talked about having some example topics already printed that groups could pick up and claim for their own (I don't think the events team trusts that I would do the printing on nice card stock, which is why I say they are wise). What ideas to you all have for example topics that various tables at hack night might want to discuss.  Please add your ideas as comments to this reply.

Thanks,

Scott

For example:

course templates

writing good course objectives

writing good rubrics (alignment)

RCE; Beyond the Basics

Fun and effective embeddable tools

Tips for large classes

Teaching in the lab w/ Canvas

What is in your onboarding course?