K12 Canvas Users Discussions

K12 Canvas Users questions and discussion forum

That's right!  ReadSpeaker has furthered their Canvas integration offerings by now adding docReader INSIDE the Canvas environment!  Contact us for more information on pricing and how to add this product to your ReadSpeaker Learning Suite!

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Kids need to be taught social emotional skills, and what better way to do that than though stories.  I have picked three books which promote social awareness in ourselves, naming emotions, and managing our own emotions.  These three books also are fu...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Free Webinar! Are you new to text to speech? Not really sure the benefits? Or maybe you are new to using ReadSpeaker and have a few questions. Regardless of your level of understanding, join us for a free webinar where you can literally ask us anythi...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As we move into our second year using Canvas, I wonder the best way to remove access for non-returning students (graduates and others who did not re-enroll).We would like to maintain an archive in Canvas with Gradebooks and rosters intact, but when w...

Community Explorer
K12 Canvas Users
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Early learners may prefer to hear a younger voice, so our team has created our first child voice!Hear Molly reading a passage here.We would love to hear your feedback!

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are band new to Canvas and created our courses in Canvas so that SME's and Instructional Designers could get them ready for teachers/students. I just read that enrollment will have to be done manually for courses that are created manually.Does thi...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As the student population continues to become more diverse, it's important to meet learners where they are. Second language learners or those who may fall into a group generally referred to as underserved may need extra assistance with consuming cour...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Nearly every teacher has encountered this scenario: A child comes to school unable to read. He has difficulty recognizing letters and has trouble with the sounds each letter makes. He has little to no sight word vocabulary and has limited interest in...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello fellow educators! I'm part of an 8th-12th grade online school, and we're trying to give students more of a chance for community. We have Canvas discussion boards set up in each course for off-topic chat, but we find that the discussion format d...

Community Explorer
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

With teacher shortages and some instructors still using paper/pencil tests, there's a better and more efficient way to deliver tests for those learners needing accommodations.Check out this video to see it in action!

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It is with great pleasure that I can confirm Cidi Labs Australia in conjunction with the Parramatta Catholic Diocese will host the inaugural Cidi Labs User Group Meeting on 18th May 2022. This FREE event will unite Australian users across all sectors...

Community Explorer
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! I am trying to design a page with a picture floating to the left. I am ok with HTML and have been successful in getting the image to float where I want. However, I am stuck in moving the text to the right because my bullet points are overlappi...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In the United States, all children with disabilities have the right to a “free, appropriate public education.” It’s a law: The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, which promises to give educators and parents the tools they need to “improve e...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We require our teachers to have certain information on all of their assignment pages. I am looking for a way I would create a template so when teachers create a new assignment all required items are listed for them so they do not have to type them al...

Community Explorer
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Good morning to all of our Canvas | Instructure family! I am a former teacher (12 yrs in the classroom, 3 years inst tech), Canvas Solutions Engineer (4 years), now Sr. Acct Executive at Instructure. I have had the fortunate opportunity to work with ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

FREE WEBINAR! Thu, Jan 13, 2022 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST Bridging the Gap with Assistive Technology: How to Reduce Learning Loss in Online Learning Register HERE! As we enter into another semester of uncertainty and shift to remote and/or hybrid learnin...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! As many of us begin a new semester, I have a question that I think could open an interesting conversation! What are your favorite "extras" you embed into your Canvas course content, activities, discussions, etc? If you share, it would be awesome ...

Community Team Community Team
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The global media is reporting a major vulnerability or security risk within Java operating systems called Apache Log4j or Log4j. So, what does this mean if you are a ReadSpeaker user? Well, good news--NONE of the ReadSpeaker products contain or use ...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Did you know that ReadSpeaker can read New Quizzes using our TextAid extension?  Watch this video to see it in action! Not sure if your institution has a TextAid license? Contact us for more info on adding this product to your ReadSpeaker Suite of Le...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Anyone using OUTCOMES for grading within canvas at their elementary schools? Looking into making this happen at my district, but I want to make sure we roll it out smoothly. I am sure this will not happen this year, but I may get a few pilot teachers...

Community Explorer
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have the feature for Canvas for Elementary turned on at our Elementary sub-account level but we are getting several reports this week from teachers that have their courses revert back to regular canvas courses. I went through yesterday and specific...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our HS SpEd Teachers want to be able to have observer access to all of the courses on that campus, but not be tied to any students.  They just want to be able to view assignments and help with modifications. Is there a way to easily do this?  I know ...

Community Contributor
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This from a teacher: When I go back into an Event to modify it (adding a link to that day's class notes) and then  when I save it the times disappear. (As in, they used to say 7:30-9:33 and now they save as 12:00am to 12:000am). If I go back in and c...

Community Explorer
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to say it was great to meet so many Canvas users at the OLC conference last week as well as the InstructureCon event!  Many of the our booth attendees commented that the free TTS reader in Canvas is limited only to Pages, which means a majorit...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a new teacher and new to canvas and I'm finding pros and cons to both the regular gradebook and the learning mastery gradebook. Is there a way I can do both at the same time? I've started with the regular one, and for many of the assignments, I h...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

October is Dyslexia Awareness Month, and I want to take a moment to highlight ReadSpeaker's open dyslexic font. Check out this quick video that shows you how to change your font settings when utilizing the ReadSpeaker tools. You can also read a blog ...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Let's talk a little bit about how teachers can address both disclosed and undisclosed learners. ReadSpeaker is a champion of the Universal Design of Learning, which advocates the presentation of information through a variety of means in order to reac...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good afternoon!  We love the Canvas for Elementary layout and appreciate all the hard work your team has put into this experience! Currently, when a teacher grades an assignment in Speedgrader, they have the option to Reassign the assignment.  Normal...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried out this feature today - I uploaded a PDF and showed the students what to do. They submitted the work but none of the annotations the students did appeared in Speed Grader.   They are all distanceED students so I could not see what they were ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

 Outcomes and Rubrics question: We use rubrics and outcomes for standards-based grading. However, we use Canvas outcomes as a domain score (group of individual standards) and not a specific standard score (one outcome for one standard). Regardless, ...

Community Coach Community Coach
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies