cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Duplicating Rubrics

Jump to solution

Can you duplicate a rubric and then revise and save it as a new rubric?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

mbunn@uab.edu‌,

Hello! You cannot necessarily duplicate a rubric, but you can add an existing rubric to an assignment. Then you can edit the title of the existing rubric that you chose and make any edits or customizations that you may need. I have included some information below that you might find helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

How do I manage rubrics in a course? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12861-4152724129 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

mbunn@uab.edu‌,

Hello! You cannot necessarily duplicate a rubric, but you can add an existing rubric to an assignment. Then you can edit the title of the existing rubric that you chose and make any edits or customizations that you may need. I have included some information below that you might find helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

How do I manage rubrics in a course? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12861-4152724129 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

The system will not let me fix a typo in my rubric - is there any way to do that?  I have significantly modified this and it has not yet been used so I don't understand why I cannot edit it.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You should be able to edit it. If the rubric is applied to multiple assessments, the system will pop up a window telling you that you just cannot make any edit. as shown:

sc.jpg

But you can still click on the OK button to continue, it will generate a new one with a different title. you can delete the old one attached to other assessments and use the new one instead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Suppose my course has a rubric, titled "Exam-1," being used by one (or more) assignments.

In a new assignment, I add the "Exam-1" rubric, enter Edit mode, and rename the rubric to "Exam-2."

If I understand your explanation, the first rubric remains in place as "Exam-1" and I now have an exact copy of that rubric titled "Exam-2."  And moreover, any edits to the "Exam-2" rubric will not have any effect on assignments using the original Exam-1.  Is this correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes. That is correct. 

0 Kudos
Labels