Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am trying to log into canvas and it lets me but nothing is showing everything is loading, and I then log into a different device and canvas is working just fine.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to include a financial calculator (like excel spreadsheet) to a quiz using Proctorio with the browser locked? The standard answer would be to embed a file for them to download BUT this is a closed note exam. As soon as you d...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the ID from a teacher trial account to make the endpoint POST (/api/v1/accounts/:account_id/courses)  and when I attempt to create a new course, everything looks to work but I'm not seeing the course being created. Anyone know if the API PO...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In synchronous classes I share my iPad screen with students and then, when I upload these handwritten notes on canvas, as pdf files, they have 5% accessibility score. I would appreciate any suggestions about improving the accessibility score.Thank yo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings All:Is anyone using Pearson Platinum Education Group software integrated with Canvas (MyLab Mastering)? Regards, Stephen

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

BHHi. I am an instructor.I wrote a quiz and published it. However, my students students (and myself on student view) cannot see it. On student view, I see it by grades, but when i click on it, it's blank.  I don't know how to make it available to stu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Your browser checking tool says that my browser is Firefox 109My Firefox identifies itself as Firefox 111.I am not incorrect in interpreting the information that your checking tool provides.I am not incorrect in interpreting my Firefox browser status...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can see in the assignment page all students have been assigned two peer reviews, half the students can see theirs, and half cannot. The students tried using a different browser, refreshing the page, and the students they are assigned to review did ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new for canvas and I want to enable the analytics feature to show who has completed the growing with canvas course in our sandbox sub account. However, I don't see this icon show up from my course, how can I enable it?   https://community.canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

For about a month upload of any file above I would say 500k to Files or as an attachment to comments on an assignment is taking very long (more than 5-10 minutes) and often fails completely. I have broadband internet connection and download/upload vi...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an online student and would like to connect to other people in my subject personally is there a chat feature? can I find others' emails from a tab somewhere? I have looked in the inbox on canvas and it only does an email to the WHOLE class or th...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It would be great if there were a feature that could remove the "Missing" label from assignments when the grading period ends. I have to manually remove missing tags from last term's assignments so that they no longer show up in my students' "To-do" ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I haven't come across this issue before, but it is giving me fits. I've got two items in one module, an assignment and a quiz. For both of these, there are different due dates for two sets of students in the class. The module, assignment, and the qui...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Greetings. The Canvas Unicheck Student Guide does not answer my question.I would not only like to view my professor's feedback in the Canvas UniCheck student portal. Because of my disability, I need to include and print out the feedback my professor ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have reviewed information about editing rubrics, if I understand correctly I cannot edit a rubric in use. Is there a way, once I have edited a rubric and it becomes a new version,  to then apply it to other assignments using that rubric all at once...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students want to resubmit assignments. Settings show the assignment uses external tool therefore resubmissions not available. What is external too, can I change this so that students can have unlimited submissions? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I have 100 questions in my test bank, I don't want to add all 100 of them to a quiz. So I need to select specific questions to add to quiz from the bank. Therefore, I hope to create New Quizzes with specific questions from an item bank, while en...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to upload a video on to canvas in a quiz my camera is always inverted. Is there anyway to fix that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was grading a group assignment. Students were allowed to work on this assignment without being in a group. However, I came to find out that my comments for those solo students were not saved. My "solution" was to put those students in their individ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school recently switched from term courses in Canvas to year long courses. In a lot of ways, this was a great move. However, my gradebook is now cluttered with excessive empty assignment group total columns. This isn't an issue if you look all gr...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The Teacher Reviewer role has similar access to the Teacher role, but does not have permission to add or edit content in the course. The teacher reviewer can see everything the teacher can, including student grades. However, the teacher reviewer is n...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I always use Safari when using Canvas and usually it works fine, however, for about a week now I have not been able to view PowerPoints/presentations while on Safari. This has never been an issue before, so I am confused. In the meantime, I have been...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am admin and Added as a unit coordinator for a canvas site. The other unit coordinator added students as teachers because there was a delay in getting the students into the site. How can I now remove the users teacher role and leave them as student...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add a word document with my course description and syllabus in its entirety into Canvas, and excerpts from syllabus into Modules.  Modules seems to ask only for download.  How do I get an excerpt of a words document into a module?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor and am wanting to edit the access of modules to allow different groups of students to view specific modules. I am aware that I can create groups for different assignments, but not modules.   

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I posted a DISCUSSION topic for my students.The "green lights" were on - on my end, however, my students could not see/access the Discussion.I'm not sure what went wrong.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will Canvas automatically introduce weekly discussions as assignments in the Fall 2023 course calendar, or do I have to add them again to the Calander?  I ask, because I am setting up assignments in the practice shell that I hope to migrate over for ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I co-teach a couple of university classes. We split up the grading and so my "to do" list on my dashboard is constantly flooded. I am wondering, if I "ignore" the notification on my Dashboard (i.e., click the 'X'), will that also remove it from m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Students took exam and it automatically calculated the grade; however, when I go into the grade book, the grade is not visible and can only see it once I click the box. The screenshot is attached.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies