Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I originally replied to this post: Answer box size in Fill in Multiple Blanks but realized it has been marked as Assumed Answered but with no resolution Is there any way to adjust the size of the Fill in Multiple Blanks boxes?I have a table with mult...

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a method to choose a student who gets extra time for their quizzes and, in a single step, moderate all their quizzes or is the only way to do it is to moderate each quiz individually?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

All of our students are having trouble with getting apex learning load on their browsers with integrations with Canvas

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add an accommodation for individual students for existing quizzes?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just wanted to know if there will be a tab called "Assignments" on my timeline like the previous semesters. I have noticed that all 3 of my courses do not have that option. I was able to see the details on what I have completed / submitted or...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am unable to access the content in the 'Files' section for one of my courses but it is available for other students. How do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have my students provide a summary of the previous night's readings each day.  Each summary is worth 20 points.  Is there a way to set this up without having to create a separate assignment for every day of the semester?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

why is nothing showing up when I click on different things in my classes in Canvas. they just show up as white screens and I have things due soon?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an instructor who used the  "Message Students Who..." feature in Grades and she said the email was sent to every student in the class instead of just the students identified. I believe she chose the "Haven't submitted yet" option, which caused...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm wondering what the best role is for two ASL interpreters joining my course Canvas site. Is the "observer" role the best option here, or is there a better one? I'm concerned that the observer may not be able to see the content under "groups," ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! I cannot seem to import course content over from last semester. I click on the "import content" button but only a blank screen come up and no drop down menu.  THANK YOUSarah 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have completed one of my course CBI content based instruction from The American English (AE) E-Teacher Program. After completing the course, my downloaded certificate from badgr only contain my email address instead of my NAME so I wonder if you co...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My professor has set up our class page, but I am the only person that cannot access the files, syllaubs, quizzes or announcements. I am on the correct page, but nothing appears when I click the tabs. Also, it works on my phone, just not the computer

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why cant i see anything on my calendar?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Yes, I am a professor, Marc Garcelon in Sociology, who has been using Canvas for two years, but have misplaced complex instructions how to set-up Turnitin take-home assignments there.  I emailed Torie Wynn several hours ago about this (today is Tuesd...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My computer won't load half of the things I am trying to look at in canvas. I have read that safari does not work with canvas sometimes, is there any other software's i can use to access canvas? I cannot find google chrome in the app store either. Th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I developed rubrics for my 460 class and want to export into my 607 class.  I only want the rubrics for assignments.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know where I can email technical support ? My canvas is not working! 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having issues getting into two embedded assignment sites:While trying to complete the APA Skill Check In-Text Citation and APA Skill Check - Creating References yesterday I noticed that I was unable to do so please see attached with snip its and...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My professor has made 3 different groups in one of my courses. I see that I am in group 3's discussion group, but when I click on the group and try to reply, it won't let me. What am I doing wrong?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I have been using Respondus Lockdown for my previous courses. I have been attempting to access a quiz in a new course but it keeps saying that my browser does not meet the minimum requirements for canvas although everything is updated. Im also...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to have group discussions go to the main thread of the discussion. This works for some groups, but not others. For example, some groups are able to post directly to the main thread, and others are only able to post to their group. So, all grou...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

how do i get a browser that is compatible with the respondus lock down

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I see my grades for last semester?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Guidelines and tips to reach out to schools about observing the classroom

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I embed a video into Canvas so that my students can access, as they cannot get to YouTube through Hilliard?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'll conduct a writing workshop for a course and need students to sign up (limited space). Can I do this on Canvas and how? Thanks!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas have the ability to house student data for administrative purposes? For example, all students have a personal file that can be searched by name, student ID, email. Their student profile would include data from the registrar (contact info....

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My course is published, individual assignments are published, but the 'Assignment' section is disabled so students still can't see anything in assignments. . Don't remember how to make it no longer disabled.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi allBy mistake I removed a user from a section and unfortunately this removed the user from the course.  Is there any way possible to recover the users work he submitted.  I do not want to enrol him on the course again so he has to submit his work ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies