Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

HI All, I have created several announcements to be released at specific days and times.  I went in to make an update, and did not touch the date or time, and it appears that it was sent out.  If edits need to be made prior to the scheduled release, h...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I really need to be able to import comments with individual grades. Much more important than one single overall grade comment that is in place now. Obviously the database has a place for this because we can ENTER comments for every single grade when ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello fellow Canvas-ers, I'm an Account Admin at our institution and for some reason, I can no longer change and save Course Settings. I often update terms or file storage size in current and old courses, but if I change them now, I can't save the ch...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The “assign to” overhaul has been great to enhance the areas where you can apply this feature (Modules, Pages, etc). However, the change applied in the Assignment area now "hides" where to set due dates. This change may cause Instructors (particular...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi. I'm an instructional designer trying to help one of our faculty members that is getting frustrated with students uploading documents into Discussions instead of pasting their written work into the body of the reply. Canvas provides a setting to d...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a couple of questions about the Redirect Tool in Canvas: Can I bulk apply the same URL setup across all my courses after setting it up for one course?If an admin sets it up, can they apply it to multiple courses at once on behalf of teachers?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Having smaller font for replies in discussion threads decreases readability. This is a poor redesign and makes using a smaller screen very difficult if not impossible. This is as an accessibility issue and should offer an option to be turned off. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

With Classic Quizzes, I was able to set up Practice Quizzes--with points--and then set up Module Requirements based on those formative Practice Quiz results. However, with New Quizzes, as soon as I provide a point value the grade is forced into the g...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Some of our faculty are going the route of dropping the two lowest grades. They have some assignments that they want excluded from being dropped. We were chatting about whether to do that by putting all "rule-qualifying" assignments in one group that...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy!  I'm currently on an adventure to deploy course rubrics from a central course and apply them to courses that need them. I am trying to accomplish using the Content Exports and Content Migration APIs. I can get the entire course to export, but ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

With the rollout of new Module Settings UI, when I try to lock a module or schedule a release date for a module, it defaults to the current time instead of 12:00 AM. In the attached screenshot, I've set the release date to July 23, 2024. The time def...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When a short answer question needs to be graded, teachers click on the question number in the box under "The following questions need review:" Before the updates, when a teacher clicked that link to go directly to the question to be graded, only the ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The new format for announcements- discussions has a small creation box.  I can´t find a way to enlarge it other than full screen which is not helpful.  We use a lot of web tools and  pictures in announcements.  It´s difficult to create in that small ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I cannot change my setting back to the light mode. I have tried toggling the High Contrast slider in Settings.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Classic Canvas, "fixing" what isn't broken. I want to set up a discussion to expire at 11:59pm. Not at 12am. 11:59pm. I've done it this way for years. Now new Canvas isn't letting me set a custom time. It wants to force me to set the discussion to ex...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Greeting, dear reader. I am a student. How can hide the comments/feedback showing on my canvas student portal? Every time I login I see the grading appearing as feedback from my grade instructor. I know and have managed to hide grades from appearing ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have several modules that are published in Canvas but my students cannot access them to post. All beginning and end due dates are current. The published module appears greyed out and it is showing locked. I am unable to unlock it and allow postings...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was approached by our leadership to brainstorm some ideas on how to bypass our current Module Requirements (we require every student to “score at least” 80 or above on an assignment before moving forward) I am attaching an example under one of the ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Playing with the new Lucid embed feature from the RCE and I get this error every time I try.... Anyone else?  

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have built a quiz in New Quizzes. I created a Stimulus question with a video. The video is in the course's uploaded media and it is also under User Media. I can see and play the video in Build mode, but in Student View, the video disappears.  I hav...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am building an e-learning course on Canvas for parents at a K-12 school and need to be able to add their email addresses before they create a Canvas account (one topic of the course).  This is my Capstone for my Masters in Education Technology and ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HelloI'd like to take Old and new testment competency exams as a new Mdiv student but those have not assigined to me. instead, Hebrew exam has been assgined to me. Could you please help?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a SAT tutor and I was wondering If I could integrate CollegeBoard's Bluebook app's interface for my quizzes so the students can be used to the ACTUAL interface of the test. A website that uses what I'm talking about is exam.satpanda.comThanks

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have followed the initial setup steps provided in the documentation, including enabling the inherited developer key in Canvas. However, we are encountering difficulties in locating the specific configuration details required to complete the setup....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Messaging from the gradebook now includes more options as reasons and defaults to ¨Students who have submitted¨. If other teachers are like myself the most used category is ¨Students who have not yet submitted¨. The way it is currently set-up I have ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a wayt o disable the Settings navigation link? I don't want teachers to go inside these options and make changes. I have already restrictred many of what they can see and change in the Admin or there is a Role that doesn't have access to the...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My usual community forum presence is in the Canvas Developers group. I'm also planning on asking our CSM about this, but I'm curious to know from the general community why a simple audio playback interface is not available when inserting media that i...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to upload publisher's QTI question banks to my course. I go through the normal QTI import steps, select create new bank, name it - but nothing uploads.  I also tried uploading to an existing question bank - no questions seem to upload. Wh...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We use Sapphire for our SIS. This year we developed a Course Template and have it linked through the Admin account to populate for all new courses created. I would like to have the SIS Categories already synced in the template course when the new cou...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies