Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

If an announcement is already published but then the instructor deletes it, do the students still see it on their end? Thanks.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assigned a quiz to multiple classes. I reassigned it to some students  for a later date. I have their scores but lost the scores for the classes. How can I recover them?   Thank you.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone know if basic individual quiz reports exist for students. If I hide the correct answers from students during a quiz (other students later in the day will have to take this quiz), and I want them later to be able to access a report that sh...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is anyone familiar with how Google Assignment LTI designates the Co-Instructor in a course? I'm reaching out here first since Google can be a black hole. I have a teacher who has created a Google Assignment. When we look at the assignment document> M...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am taking a quiz for a class with no time limit (before screenshot). When I started the quiz, there was a countdown timer in the right-hand section. Does this countdown have another meaning? Why would the elapsed time be counting down (after...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One of my students discovered that the "Reply To" option is not available for Discussions in my course. Students are not able to reply to each others' posts. How do I enable this functionality?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school uses Canvas and Panopto. The latter of which allows us to record our classes. Once posted, the class video may be accessed by students who click the Panopto link. That part works fine, both on the app and on the desktop.However, what I like...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our institution is using Pearson Access (MyLab LTI 1.1)  we can set a coordinator course with the Pearson platform to push material to other courses on that platform which then sync to Canvas courses. We also want to use a Canvas blueprint to push ot...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student can't attach a file to an Assignment Comment because there's no paper clip icon visible on their end. This consistently happened to another of my students a year or two ago, also.The paper clip icon is missing (as well as the new icon to re...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!I have created a course under Teaching and Learning sub account, but I am unable to enrol users as student.Any feedback is appreciated.Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally signed up for my on ramps college course using my moms name. all the other information such as email etc is correct. how do I switch the profile name to my name, not seeing a place to adjust this. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

During the recent Canvas upgrade this summer, there appears to be some type of glitch that randomly adjusted my discussion settings.  Specifically, on about 2/3 of my discussions in each class- it has them listed as "Disallow threaded replies."  In t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! For my course we often ask questions that can be a little complicated for the simple helper functions available. Recently we had students convert numbers into binary and the function we wrote for that was hundreds of charcters long for a simple 8...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,  I am looking at the New Analytics for my course and it is showing zero participations, but I know students have submitted quizzes. This is listed as what counts as a participation so why is it not generating numbers on the graph (image attach...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to know if it is possible for students to submit an assignments in two different forms on the same attempt For example, if I setup the assignment to allow text entry or file upload, can they submit a text entry AND a file upload.  It mig...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Why does it say 'never' for all of my students in regard to Last Student Interaction. There is a current and final score therefore the students have participated... Please see image attached.   Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a Canvas admin and I am allowing my teachers to cross list their courses for the first time.  A teacher asked me if she cross lists her course sections, if students inside the courses can see that.  I would imagine that the students would not se...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I know Canvas has a feature where we can return an incomplete assignment for students. However, I'm not sure where it is located. I know it would be under the text box where teachers normally type their comments. Yet, I am not seeing that. Ple...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm supposed to reply to a class introduction discussion, but I am unable to see the directions for what to say in the discussion. Its say's " This discussion board provides a chance to get to know each other a little bit. Please upload one...", I am...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had 5 merged courses into 1 spanish course.I gained one class from TEACHER A (Zavala) and they gave one of my classes to TEACHER B.   Zavala's class that I gained now appears on my canvas dashboard. When I attempt to merge Zavala's class into my Sp...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I think the title says it all. I want to keep the top 6 scores in a category of assignments, but that option isn't available. The only option I'm given is to drop a certain number of the lowest scores. Basically, in this category of assignments, I se...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Bonjour, Quand je veux mettre des dates pour un quiz, elle n’apparaît pas : Je mets la date d’échéance (date limite de soumission), les dates des disponibilité ("depuis le" et "jusqu'au") je valide mais seule la date de disponibilité "jusqu'au" est p...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Would it be possible to assign an auto time / default to each canvas course so from that point on, all announcements / assignments publish time boxes will auto default to the time which you set? (example, my second period class starts at 9:15. If I c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When in Calendar, and dragging an item to a new date, if there is as locked date attached or "inaccurate course end date listed" you must leave calendar to go into the Canvas site to address. If would be beneficial if there was a "do you want to also...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Due to August 2024 starting and ending Sunday to Sat, there is no way to drag or move an assignment to the next month. Typically the calendar shows start and end of 3 months - main month, plus end dates of previous month and first of month for next m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While in speedgrader, you must go out of it back to the main gradecenter to go and grade an additional assignment. Would be helpful if you could toggle through assignments while in speedgrader. I've attached an image of what I think would work well, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Many of my students have 2 last names. When I view the seating chart it only shows 2 names, so I can see the last names but not the first name. For example, I see Mendoza Lopez, but I can't see the students first name because it only shows 2 lines of...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have already create many H5P files using Lumi software and I would like to know if it is possible to integrate these files in Canvas.Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have successfully set up the sync with Microsoft Teams and Teams Meetings but for some reason, not all the students are being recognised and added to the Team. We have used the Login Attribute as Email (as our students login with that way) We have ...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies