Can i create an assignment with an annotation and a file upload

Jump to solution
JeniferSeipp
Community Member

I am creating assignments with multiple tasks. I would like students to annotate a document, answer a question in a text box, and upload a picture of a project. Is this possible or do I need to separate each task?

2 Solutions
NoahBoswell
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello, @JeniferSeipp .

Thanks for posting on the Instructure Community!

With what you are asking your students to do, you will need to create a new assignment, one for each of the three tasks you are requesting for them to complete. While you are able to enable all the submission types under one assignment, students can only officially submit it in one way. This being said, I'd make one assignment for the file upload for the picture of the project, another for the text box submission then one for annotating the document.

Does this make sense? If you need any additional help, feel free to let us know! We'd be happy to help.

Noah

View solution in original post

jcarpenter1
Panda Pros
Panda Pros

Hello @JeniferSeipp !  While @NoahBoswell did give 1 way to do it, I think if you give the directions clearly, AND you give multiple attempts (especially 3 attempts) the students can give you all 3 assignments in 1 task.  Your SpeedGrader will have a drop down menu so that you can see all 3 submissions.  You can then give 1 grade for the 3 submissions.  Doing is as Noah recommended would give you 3 different grades.

View solution in original post