Folders for Instructor Organization

Jump to solution
miller3637
Community Explorer

As an instructor that has worked with Canvas for a while now, I have noticed several things that could use improvement, but one thing in particular that is needed is better instructor organization options.

Quizzes:  I used quizzes through Canvas regularly for the first time last semester, and I couldn't find any rhyme or reason to the organization pattern of quizzes.  I couldn't manually move the order, but they weren't in alphabetical order nor grouped by assignment type.  For example, I had quizzes marked as "Quiz #x" and others as "Exam #x" which were assigned to appropriate assignment groups, but they were all over the place in terms of organization and no way to fix it.  Thankfully, I only had about a dozen quizzes created, but I can't imagine how other instructors manage more.

Pages:  I understand that pages are listed in alphabetical order, but it would be nice to have folders to organize (or hide) pages that are infrequently used, in the same way we can organize files.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @miller3637 ...

I'll just add to my friend's, @kmeeusen, response that there is a Feature Idea called Allow folders in Pages - Canvas Community which you might be interested in looking at.  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns to something you'd like to see in Canvas, I would encourage you to rate it and post a comment letting Instructure engineers know why this is important to you.  I hope this will be of help to you...thanks!

View solution in original post