Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do I make Modules my Home page?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are noticing a recent and concerning nuance related to Rubric Enhancements, which our institution enabled in advance of the Fall 2024 term (which starts on Sunday). Instructors see all relevant details in their rubrics (criterion title, criterion ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For my classes, my discussions are always "Post First," and I post my response (or try to) to the assignment before the students. In the past, the thread of replies was organized from oldest to newest. Now, it is automatically organized from newest t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There used to be an option to remove student enrollments in bulk within a course. Is there another way to delete students in bulk now?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Hive Mind, I am told that Canvas has the basic functionality as Kami. I need my students to be able to write on PDF's and than resubmit them to me for grading. I for the life of me can not figure out how to do that. Does anyone have a quick how...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student was typing up his response, but hit 'next' instead of 'reply' and now his entry is gone.  Any way to get it back?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Anyone else having issues with the below. First issueThere are quizzes (new) from last year, that I am going to use again this year.So I went to last year course and selected Send To and my name. Stated it was successful. I then opened this school ye...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The only way I could build this activity was to make it a Quiz, but it's supposed to be a group activity. Where is the checkbox that lets me do that? In fact, where it it on a "regular" assignment? Did that change when they moved the due dates to a s...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas is already so bloated! Why do I now have to make an additional click to open a separate screen to set a due date? You keep making it worse!   And can we stop with the 17 Captch requests?? I don't have time for this crap!   And I like the title...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I'm still in the Learning phase of being a Canvas Admin.  Prior to me there was a discussion of getting Canvas and Infinite Campus talking so grades could be passed back to Infinite Campus.  We've purchased the necessary item from IC and need to t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've uploaded several VidGrid videos and some students cannot view them. They get the following message:"We were not able to find a user. Please try again, if that doesn't work please contact your account administrator or videoengineering@paylocity.c...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In Classic Quizzes if Lockdown Browser was enabled, you could also require that students use LDB to view the results of the quiz. This could be enabled in the LDB settings (i.e., in advanced settings for a quiz, you could select "Require LockDown Bro...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to move student submissions from one assignment to another? For example, when a student turns in an assignment in the wrong place. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a Canvas admin, and one of our instructors reached out because the Modules page is showing the wrong due date for some assignments.  For example, a specific assignment shows a due date of Sept 9 on the Modules page, but when you click on the assi...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is anyone else experiencing this? On the home page of any course, the right hand sidebar almost overlaps a bit of the content on the right , which also stops me from using the menu items for any modules. I've attached a screenshot for viewing.  The o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've added Rubric to an Assignment shell for instructors' grading on Speed Grader. In the past semester, we would add a code "<div id="school" data-pretty-rubric="true"> to prevent the Rubric being visible to students.   However, it seems that Canva...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created 100+ Practice Quizzes (2 items each drawing randomly from larger pools) in my statistics class. These are organized into 8-10 Practice Quizzes for each module over the course of a semester. In Blackboard, I could create a Navigation li...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a teacher with a passion for safety education, and I'm planning to launch a new course on my website focused on fire safety. The course will cover important topics like safe use of fireplaces, stoves, and other common household items that pose fi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Here is a real conundrum. In courses that I created using the SIS Import, teachers are not able to remove students. Their role is a teacher but when they click on the dots in People, the drop down only shows: Prior to using SIS Import, staff made th...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Student: Online I am able to see all of my assignments upcoming that are due when they are due and ones that I completed in the to do tab but on the app it’s saying I have nothing to do. Is there a setting I have to change or is it just like this?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am receiving an error when I try to save an announcement that has been made available to all sections.  It says 'error updating discussion type' yet this is an announcement.  I am able to save it to specific sections without problem, just not a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't see the item bank in the production environment, only in beta. How do I enable it? Is it a feature that is linked to the choice between classic exams and new exams?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I am wondering as a course admin/instructor how to edit the URL of a page after it has been created. This page is part of a module. Thank you! 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would love to use the shortcuts in Modules, specifically the indent. I am on a Mac and can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work. Anyone?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like for a colleague to have access to the Question Banks that I have created in Classic Quizzes. When I send her a Classic Quiz, she only receives the "Details" section, but not the "Question Bank" with all of my questions. I know that this ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

During my 3rd period Social Studies class today, my class opened their Canvas pages to view their online textbook from mcGraw-hill on their student Chromebook.  When the screen opened, only the math textbooks were showing on the screen, no Social Stu...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created a rubric with Criteria, ratings, and points.  I then created the assignment where students will submit the paper and added the rubric to the assignment.  As an instructor, I can see the details written in the ratings area which lists t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to display both points earned as well as the percentage in the grade book?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why won't my Canvas update after I turn assignments in (specifically assignments that I need to complete in order to move onto the next module)?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to send an announcement to all the students in a class that already finished (basically a reminder to for them to pick up final projects). In the past I would just post an announcement at the beginning of the next term - however when I logged ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies