Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
namilaB

Unable to create multiple Deeplinks on canvas instance

Jump to solution

Hi all, I'm using the following canvas instance (2021.09.15-1-18-r04 on Debian 10) to add Deeplinks to the course modules. Here the canvas is accepting multiple Deeplinks. When I add a single deeplink it's submitted to the canvas with a 200 response and added to the modules.

But when I select multiple deep links from the picker window and submit them to the canvas, the canvas submission sends 302 and redirect to a canvas login inside the iframe.

this seems to be an issue with session cookies. Is there any way to fix this bug? (Github issue link)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @namilaB 

I understand that you are trying to add multiple deep links to a module and are running into issues with it.  

It sounds like you are trying to add multiple links to a module at once, which are utilizing an external tool that has been configured for use in your course.

In Canvas, you would only be able to add one link at a time. So if you have multiple links you are trying to add into your modules page, you would only be able to do this one at a time, unfortunately. 

HERE is our guide on adding external tools as a module item. 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chriscas
Community Champion

Hi @namilaB

Can you explain how exactly you're trying to add  multiple links at one time?  I'm the Canvas admin for our institution, and in my experience adding LTI deep links must be one one-by-one in modules.  Perhaps the external tool itself is doing something to try to curate multiple links together, but I don't think the issue is on the Canvas side from my initial read of things.

-Chris

Hi @chriscas 

To add multiple deep links to modules, I click on Add sign on the module and then select the LTI tool, once the tool is loaded and shows the Deeplinks I can tick and select multiple DL and click on Add links on the DL viewer, This submits a JWT to the canvas module with all the content items. Once the Viewer returned back to the tool selection window I click on Add items. this flow works correctly on the Canvas SAAS environment (as Canvas support multiple deep links from the LTI launch, see the decoded JWT ). I will check the external tool again. thanks for the input. 

ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @namilaB 

I understand that you are trying to add multiple deep links to a module and are running into issues with it.  

It sounds like you are trying to add multiple links to a module at once, which are utilizing an external tool that has been configured for use in your course.

In Canvas, you would only be able to add one link at a time. So if you have multiple links you are trying to add into your modules page, you would only be able to do this one at a time, unfortunately. 

HERE is our guide on adding external tools as a module item. 

-Colton