Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

HiI accidentally deleted the module content section from my canvas module pages. Thus when I click onto the module content on the home page it says page not found. Is there anyway I can reinstate it? ThanksKieron

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An instructor imported assignments into their course and it automatically applied zeros to the student's grades. There were some existing submissions for one of the assignments, but the instructor did not manually grade any. They removed the zeros us...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having an issue with using Ed Puzzle and allowing users in a course to have multiple attempts at quiz questions embedded in a ed puzzle video. The settings in canvas allow for multiple attempts but if the user does not score the required score o...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I want to withdraw the assignment I already submitted. Because I want to change to a new version but can not find this "withdraw" option. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to discard courses (both course content and submissions) and terms that are more than 7 years old from our instance. When I delete a course do submissions still have an independent existance in the instance? Should I perform identical deletion...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, In one of our courses, students were added using + People. A few have not accepted invitations and have "Pending" next to their names. However, those same "Pending" students have accessed the course via links from a separate source and have be...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have significantly been slowed while trying to plow through the 300 assignments I need to grade today. The assignment comments have changed - now it looks comments are left in a Rich Text Editor. This means my submit button doesn't fit on the scree...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The changes to the "Assign To" options for assignments has resulted in some unwanted behavior when assigning times to assignment. The "Time" boxes frequently ignore my time suggestions and need to be fixed despite seemingly correct settings. I make t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas updated the "Assign To" functionality recently to include module items and pages. While a very welcome change, I am frequently encountering an issue where I cannot assign items with "Until" deadlines on the same day as the "Due Date" without j...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assign student annotations on Canvas. Sometimes students are on the right track, but I would like for them to add to their answers.How can I reassign the assignment so students can clarify their previous answers?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Back in 2022 the Observer Dashboard was enhanced to allow the ability to filter for a particular student with a dropdown list.  However, the dropdown was never sorted by name, it seems to be random or maybe by a Canvas ID which is not very useful.  W...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am grading assignments using a rubric that has four criteria listed. My preferred method of grading, which has worked in the past, is to set the assignment to HIDE GRADES and then grade each criterion one at a time. So first I grade all the assignm...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Emails sent from Outlook in response to a message received in outlook but originating in Canvas Inbox. The reply from Canvas is taking 4-5 hours to show up in recipient's Canvas Inbox.

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been posting announcements via canvas but have not been receiving a copy of the message via email. I want to make sure that students are receiving notifications. I had made sure the settings were adjusted and it seems that notifications are en...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, Could you please advise me which LTI tool that helps student takes and keeps their notes on Canvas LMS or not? Thank you. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was enrolled in a course and on my TFs system it shows that I am still enrolled but I cannot see the course on the Dashboard anymore. I asked to be reinvited yet even with a new invite the system says that the enrollment link is invalid. I cannot s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an ongoing assignment due in a few days & want to check how submissions are coming along. Under grades, I see the ungraded submitted documents and dashes  (-) for students who have not yet submitted.LARRY JONES   doc symbolKATE WILSON    -MARK...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We’re facing a challenge with our student naming system where we use a format like “Smith_Grade2324” to indicate students’ grades. As students have been promoted to the next grade, we need to update their names to reflect their new grades. What’s t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello- Nobody every responds on here, so I am unsure why I am even asking. I am trying to use Canvas New Quizzes with the Respondus Lockdown Browser. My course will be shifting to a digital exam format for AP World History.  I created a Multiple-choi...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

While I am working in Speedgrader it seems that Canvas launches an update for Speedgrader. At first my text is not registering any returns (no spacing) and now it  looks completely different, has new tools (like it can finally display italic font) an...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It seems there was an update regarding providing student comments/feedback. Now, a paragraph box pops up with formatting capabilities. However, now, none of my saved comments pop up as I start to populate as they did before. I have it toggled on to s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I enter comments in the "Assignment Comments" section of a quiz through the speedgrader, line breaks in the comment disappear after I submit the comment and the comment appears as a wall of text. (See the attached images.) I tried viewing the co...

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a class from last year that I cannot remove from my dashboard. Thanks.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi i have been trying to send myself a password reset link but it each time i enter my email it never sends it. i have been trying for the last 3 hours but had no luck. please let me know how to get this fixed as i am unable to access any assignments...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Necesito asignar un rol a los usuarios que les permita ver el contenido del curso sin poder participar ni editar. He probado con el rol de observador, pero este permite realizar ediciones. ¿Cómo puedo resolverlo? El problema surge cuando hay estudian...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I take a PDF of a previously made test and upload it to Canvas for students to answer the questions on Canvas Quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a number of students who have extra time accommodations such as time and 1/2 or an extra hour. Most of my assignments are due by midnight on the day of assignment. Is there a method to create due dates and times for all my students, taking the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I highlight from the computer? I can't highlight my readings to study 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students encountered an issue during a quiz. They were recording audio responses for an essay question, but after finishing the first recording, they deleted it to replace it with a better version. However, after deleting the audio, the options me...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using course pacing to give my learners a certain number of weeks to complete the course, starting from their enrollment day. Students self-enroll through companie's website. How can I effectively group learners in the course, to be able to tra...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies