Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am able to copy and paste text, but I don't see a place to upload a word or pdf file as part of the question.  

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

As the New Gradebook default date approaches, I'm curious to know how many teachers have opted into using the New Gradebook which I implemented as a feature option this fall.  Short of manually checking 700 sections, is there a way to report on where...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When will the option to load audio files (.mp3) files be added into quizzes.next? This option is currently available in the old quiz text editor and it is a critical component especially for music courses. It is missing in the text editor in quizzes....

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

It seems as though I end up with multiple duplicate question banks, this is a multi part issue that has bothered me for a few years. I'm just finally now trying to resolve it, instead of using my tedious work arounds.Caveat: I searched for an answer ...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have some DVDs with Captivate files on them that we have permission to use.  I need to add them to a Canvas course.  Has anyone done this before?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My institution is moving to a zero-cost textbook.  I've set up a course with MyOpenMath and I want to integrate this course with Canvas.  Since my institution has not yet set up a school-wide LTI Key and Secret, I was given a Key and a Secret to set ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can you tell who likes your posts?

• 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have a professor that has assigned a graded discussion, however when trying to grade it through Speedgrader the post and replies do not appear.  The only thing that appears on the Speedgrader screen is:He can select "view the full discussion" and s...

• 3 Likes
  • 20 Replies

Hi admins, We’re looking at ways to better integrate ServiceCloud and our in-house ticketing system. We’d like to be able to keep tickets in ServiceCloud (for easier escalation), but have the information also drop in our main system. (We're using Sol...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the past we've had problems with students submitting their assignments as an attachment in a comment. This causes several problems:- It's more difficult to see in the Gradebook who has and hasn't submitted assignments.- As students can add comment...

• 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How to email question to instructor in canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Experimenting with Canvas yesterday, I discovered that the Rich Content Editor no longer strips out two HTML5 tags that allow you to easily add captions to images: <figure> and <figcaption>This could be very useful when, for example, adding a copyrig...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For multiple users and computers on our campus, the full-screen button (pictured below) on DocViewer (when previewing an attached file such as a PDF) does not work in Chrome.The full-screen button works in Firefox on my computer. Does anyone know if ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My district is looking to use Canvas as a way to deliver specific YouTube videos to students.  YouTube as a whole is blocked for our district.  However, at this time, we are able to load a video into EdPuzzle and this allows the video to work.  We ar...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I am trying to figure out a way to bulk download annotated submissions from Canvas. What I would like to be able to do is to download all annotated submissions for a particular student across a number of Canvas courses. This is that the student'...

• 11 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hi all,For our school, we have been working on a standadise Course Homepage layout for our courses. However, we notice the following issue if we are using the Canvas Student App (IOS & Android)When we click on the links on the Course Homepage, we can...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My questions today have to do with this setting:Question 1: I looked in the Admin settings and could not find anything, but is there a way to change the default for this course option? Question 2: Is there a way to pull a report on which courses have...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We often have students who leave school for a year abroad or a semester domestic exchange. I remove them from their enrolled courses, but I don't want to deleted them from Canvas. Is there an option that keeps them in Canvas, but won't allow them to ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can I bilk import test questions from a spreadsheet?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am looking for a way to use Canvas Notifications to notify users of password expiration in Windows AD. Currently, we use a Power Shell Script on our Server to query AD and send an email every day to notify students that their password will be expir...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Once I create a rubric, is there a way to rearrange the items, or add items into the rubric, not necessarily at the end?

• 7 Likes
  • 27 Replies

I added several community and campus events into my course calendar last semester, and now these past events are all showing up in my current calendar. Is there a way to delete all of these past events at once or hide those past events fro my student...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I create Formula Questions in Quizzes.Next with multiple parts? For example:Given the angle theta = `theta` degrees,a) what is sine thetab) what is cosine thetaI need this functionality DESPERATELY! and have been asking for it for years.Thank ...

• 13 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Is there a way to reorganize my imported announcements? I imported my Blackboard announcements, would like to reuse them, organize them and be able to only port certain announcements at a time.

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I customize the Login credentials email that is sent from Canvas ?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I imported a previous course and changed the dates in the syllabus. However, the course summary is showing the previous course dates and I don't know how to change them. Any ideas??

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I made a "quiz" in canvas to use a unit test. I would like to now copy the questions straight into another quiz to make check-in quizzes to use as CFAs of students' progress during the unit. I would also like to be able to move questions that are alr...

• 10 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I am starting next semester on Canvas with the same material as the fall plus new material for the spring. I have four assignment groups : fall assignments, fall assessments as well as spring assignments and assessments. All of the fall assignments a...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it only me or anybody else has noticed that in the editing mode of course page, the links linking to any sites or files no longer has the underline or being colored?  If you hover your mouse on the link, the underline will appear, but the link col...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a list of what each Canvas icon means?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies