Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

just deleted a student's comment on Discussion accidentally...is there any way to restore the comments?

• 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When trying to embed content from Instagram, the content is 'grayed out.'Any ideas?

• 6 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Rather than giving students a link, it would be nice to display the PPT so they can click through notes while watching a video on the page.

• 14 Likes
  • 10 Replies

When using the search field in Files, it doesn't seem that the file location or path is viewable. Am I missing something or does this feature not exist?We use Canvas as an internal website / file sharing platform rather than as a class, so we have a ...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,We are piloting Canvas with some instructors. The #1 feedback for improvement of the discussion board. Currently we have it set up that a topic is created and people can only reply directly to the topic. It is just a long list of comments. It i...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I had an instructor report that several of her students miss the feature where the timer stays at the top of the page as they scroll through the exam.  Is this something that went away with the new UI or is there a particular setting that needs to be...

• 8 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello All, Our school currently operates in Mountain Time Zone.  We want our courses to be standardized in that Time Zone so that when we open/close courses, assignments, and final grades, everyone is on the same page and working on the same clock.  ...

• 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

So the settings are checked: let students see their quiz responses and let students see the correct answers/show correct answers at. The problem is despite this being checked, whenever the quiz closes, the students can no longer view their responses....

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Heylo-So, anybody know a way to update the HTML of a Wiki Page via the API?     We created thousands of Practice Courses for our instructors when we switched to Canvas last year.    In one of the Wiki Pages, there is an iframe that has a google drive...

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to create a multi-part question with numerical answers. I do not see any instructions in the instructor guide about these types of questions. Here is an example. Question 1Price per unit = $10; Cost per unit = $8; Number of units = 100.a...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is this possible?I want to have 10 URL for students to review, put on one page...how can I tell if they accessed the links?thanks

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Could not locate a similar question in this forum related to my following Discussion Question:I have an instructor who posed the following question:"As I develop my Canvas course, I would like to have a way to add documentation that is primarily for ...

• 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

OnCourse allowed the keeping of the highest grades in a category.  Canvas opted rather to ignore the lowest grades in a category.  At the end of the semester, the two are one in the same.  However, they are not the same through out the semester.  For...

• 6 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I made an Assignment for 45 students. 2 of them had good excuses for not submitting. I edited the original Assignment to open it for just those 2 students for a few more days. Now I can't get to 41 submissions from the other students who submitted on...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Anyone found a way of showing keynote presentations on canvas?  I thought I might have a solution using Keynote's export to HTML function, but I guess one then needs somewhere (else) to host the webpages created by that.  But I thought I'd ask if any...

• 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I've copied a rubric into a newly created course, and now I'd like to assign the rubric to a total of 9 discussions across 3 modules (3 discussions per module).  I successfully added the rubric to the discussions, but after attaching them, I'm unable...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to separate the criteria for a particularly involved project into categories (being able to do some sub-categories would be even better), as in the table below.  Is this possible in Canvas rubrics?  (I suppose I could use a criterion as a cate...

• 6 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I created and published my home page in a course, but it does not have the "Next" button at the bottom of the page. How do I get one to show up so students can just click next to begin the first module?

• 9 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I'm trying to communicate with my students in groups by sending messages to the groups.  But apparently they are not all seeing the messages.  They do see announcements I think, or at least they are looking for announcements. I'm experimenting with o...

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I probably just missed it but, I cannot find anywhere in the API documentation for showing Grade comments or rubric instructor comments. Is it even possible?I am attempting to make a report card using the API and google docs. Right now they are selec...

• 5 Likes
  • 17 Replies

Is there a way to move a rubric from a course to the account-level?

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello everyone,First, there is not a way to search for questions in question banks, correct? (i.e.: search function)Secondly, we have courses that have thousands of questions and we are trying to figure out best practice for creating question banks f...

• 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Can you add a feature where using the LTI via Canvas, instructors might upload student papers for the student? Sometimes for a variety of reasons, students have problems using the LTI, so they e-mail the paper to me (via Canvas, of course!!) as an a...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to assign a Quiz/Survey as a Team Assignment?  I would like to only have one submission per student group.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently had an assignment where my teacher gave me a good comment. I replied back saying "Thank You!" but I would now like to delete my comment. Is there any way to do so? Thanks in advance!

• 0 Likes
  • 45 Replies

Hello:I tried to change the due/until dates on a Canvas quiz after I initially released it to my students. Although the new dates were correctly displayed in the Quizzes area, the system automatically submitted students' work on the original due date...

• 10 Likes
  • 40 Replies

Hi All,Are there any suggestions for the best/easiest way for faculty/teachers to preview exams/quizzes with the correct answers being viewable? The "Preview" does not provide answers and once you are in editing a quiz and are under the "Questions" t...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Can you assign a quiz or assignment to everyone in a class except certain people?

• 10 Likes
  • 23 Replies

I would like to integrate the full function of Khan Academy in my Canvas. This would include their comprehensive practice, quizzes, and progression tracking tool. Has anybody in the Canvas community had experience with this, and what do you suggest?

• 22 Likes
  • 19 Replies

When a page is printed (either to PDF or paper), any internal course links display the source of that link. I can see this as being great for accessibility purposes and knowing the source of those links, but can cause formatting issues when trying to...

• 11 Likes
  • 8 Replies