Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I'm working on developing a free course to be used by public schools that will bridge the gap between programming and financial literacy skills, that meets the requirements for both. Does anyone here have experience teaching programming in an E-learn...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am preparing graded quizzes in Blueprint course. I have prepared the question banks to associate these quizzes to. But it seemed the 'Question' option is missing. Can anyone advise please? Thank you.Quiz with 'Questions' option available  Quiz w...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all,I have successfully gamefied my World Lit class and have Main quests, Side Quests, Item Shops, Achievements, Leaderboards (thanks Badgr for making this easy) etc.I have a non-graded category called "Hero Points."  These are the points they are...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there any way to see who has viewed or accessed a page? And I don't mean by looking at each student individually, but rather by looking at the stats for a given page and seeing a list of students who have viewed it...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi Everyone,Can anyone recommend other Discussion tools that connect with Canvas? The Canvas Discussion Boards fall a bit short. We already use Piazza for some discussions, mostly questions about course content, but it is not appropriate for all disc...

• 11 Likes
  • 10 Replies

To create true rich content and save click I would like to embed content in difference to linking to them.Especially i would like to embed discussions and modules in a page.Is this possible?(I've tried with Iframe but you get the full page including ...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All, yesterday marked my first attempt to build a quiz, and the first problem that I found is that if students didn't write the answer exactly as I created it, it marked them wrong. In my case, working with ESL students, many students might have s...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Ok Canvas family, I am looking for some help.  My institution has DD enabled in Canvas (and LOVE IT), but this semester a new problem has popped up.  Some of our advisors are getting a Canvas error message (see below)  when they attempt to view grade...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm in the process of converting my written tests over to canvas and I've run into a snag for my end of semester final. Is it possible for students to fill in a grid?I can build this in the question using a table. My final has 40 questions for 80% of...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Anyone have ideas about what causes exceptions in the sync history?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi - I'm a canvas newbie here but I have lots of Moodle and Blackboard experience.I'd very much appreciate any help with the following little problem.I'm playing about the different ways that we might be able to share 'template courses'I want to crea...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We are using a course for students pre-arrival, and plan to use groups for different depts. For privacy reasons we would need to hide their names from each other. Is there any way to hide 'people' in groups? Thanks

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have courses where we are using question banks, with each bank aligned to an outcome. Some outcomes actually have multiple banks, for example, one for multiple-choice questions and another for matching questions. If a quiz includes questions from b...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I change my username?  My current email address is going to be decommissioned and I need to start using a different one.

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there a way to see which students decline an invitation to a course?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there some way that I can import a quiz question bank from an existing spreadsheet, so that I don't need to manually create quiz questions one by one within Canvas?  For example, I have vocabulary lists that I would love to turn into Canvas quizze...

• 20 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Does anyone know a way that I could unlock a specific module for a student without changing completion settings for previous modules?This is something I truly miss about Salesforce+Moodle, where it is possible to unlock units manually for a student i...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am grading student submissions, and for some of them, I would like to allow students to read my comments and revise their submissions. However, I cannot figure out how to allow students to do this. Is there a setting that I have to change?Thank you...

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We export SIS information from PeopleSoft into Canvas on a nightly basis.  At some point, the SIS system was failing to update enrollments as expected.  This left us with students enrolled in Canvas, but not officially through the SIS system.  I had ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm having a devil of a time trying to make 360 videos work in Canvas. Viewing them does not seem compatible with the Canvas app (you can't go full screen). I've tried  posting instructions to copy/paste the YouTube link into a new browser or the You...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello all, I have a question and I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  Currently in our courses, we have a scenario where we would like to have all ungraded assignments (those with a "-") in the gradebook to be converted to a "...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whitney Kilgore (iDesign) and Adrienne Gauthier (Dartmouth College) will be hosting the "Instructional Designer Meet & Greet" on Wednesday morning 7:45-8:45am at the breakfast location. Where that specifically is located is not yet known, but we'll b...

• 39 Likes
  • 31 Replies

I'm faced with a significant number of requests from our staff to create accounts for professionals that are not affiliated with our school district. For a variety of reasons they would like these individuals to have access to Canvas with instructor ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to be able to check messages from my students via my school email account.  The program my school previously used allowed professors to link their email address so we could have messages automatically forwarded to their school email acco...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I got this question and do not know if there is a way to do this"I was wondering if there was a way to compile Access Reports for all of a class’ students rather then going in one by one and checking which links/services were used in the week? (the  ...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Could someone please explain the different to me between this image code and what happens?  Note the difference between "preview" and "download" in the tag.  I am thinking the second might take longer to display?1. Inserted from Rich Content Editor (...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I went looking for this topic in the community and didn't find it, so my apologies if is already being discussed elsewhere...We have a lot of resources and energy devoted to the topic of helping faculty members and institutions migrate from brand X t...

• 23 Likes
  • 24 Replies

I made the mistake of turning on the "new gradebook" feature for my course.  Now my TA can't enter grades.I can't find any way to turn the "new gradebook" off again.  (It looked like a toggle before I turned it on, but the toggle disappeared.) How do...

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am looking for an assessment app that integrates with the grade book.  In our self-paced online courses, teachers are looking for a way to get students to practice answering short-answer questions.  They would like this to be a practice assignment ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When will an admin section be available for QuizzesNext?What plans are there for admin users to be able to control new features of Quizzes Next?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies