Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Can students attach files to a Page that is editable by all class users (e.g. a faux wiki)? I have set up a page in my course that I am allowing Teachers and Students to both edit, and in teacher view, I can attach files to this page, but I have stud...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Did anyone else have their DNS pointer break today? We have a pointer set up where Canvas.ourdomain.com goes to our ourschool.instructure.com canvas site.

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have been using custom javascript to enable a "View All Courses" button within the Dashboard tab. The button populates for 1 second before disappearing. I attached a photo of a working instance. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this o...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a TA for FAS 301 and I accidentally deleted a students discussion post. Is there any way of being able to undo that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble seeing my ebook for health 1 sec 24039    I already purchased the book 2 weeks ago.  Why am i having trouble seeing the text/book. I can see all power points. for chapters 1 2 and 3 and also videos let me download. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I go to "add rubric" in the critieria box there should be a box I can click to select grade "Ranges". It is currenly now showing up on any old or new rubric.Thanks in advanceAaron

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a Canvas course under my school district instance that they assigned me. However, they just connected to SIS Aspire and that sent me new courses. I tried to copy my course I designed over to the new SIS created course and everything looks g...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Curious to know how "safe" student replies are when changing a blueprint's discussion thread setting. I would hate to push out a sync to published courses and accidentally delete student responses because I've enabled liking.

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do we set up closed captioning?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add an instructor to my course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For my courses this year, I copied them from prior canvas courses. The dates came through. Is there a way to delete all of the old due dates easily without manually going into each assignment and taking them out?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Canvas page opens, but the dashboard shows me nothing. None of my classes show up. Is anyone else having this issue?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I create weighted categories in gradebook? There seems to be no way to edit the gradebook anymore.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My dashboard is missing a class and I need my syllabus and links. HELP!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send messages to my students through Canvas?Thanks,Mirna

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was told to review basic  writing skills and it is posted on the CANVAS front page. I have no idea where that is and I can not find it.. help please and thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anyone else have this problem today? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am setting up my grade section and need help with setting up columns for them.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can not attach word document to discussion? When Im attempting to add attachment to discussion there is a red x to the right even after browsing the red x never goes away and im unable to upload my attachment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I post a simple one paragraph announcement with two small images, I am getting a "too_long" error message that will not allow me to post my content. How long is "too_long", and how do I get around this error to post what I need for my course? Th...

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

On only one of my courses, the block that should appear in the upper right corner of my front page does not have the Course Status block.  Why is that?  How can I restore it?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help with an issue a few of our students are having. They are able to log on to Canvas Enterprise successfully but when they click on certain courses (not all of them) they get a screen saying "access denied." This is...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I upload a kaltura video to the discussion area in an assignment?thank you,Beth Robinson

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,The "mute" button in SpeedGrader is no longer there - how can I prevent students from seeing their grades while I am still working on grading other assignments? I tried clicking the eye icon in the top right of the screen but it only lets me hide ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you populate the grade book?how do you populate the inbox?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good Morning,   I am wondering if I put a rubric in an assignment and assignment certain students to certain graders, can those graders only see those students and no others that they are assigned to in the gradebook?  We would like to have fellows g...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies