Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Recently we started noticing the "error retrieving external tools" message on some assignments created at our site. I have verified the problem, and reading through similar questions, found that calling an external tool in the assignment is often a c...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For example: I want to create a self assessment. The question would have three answers:Minimal EffortModerate Effort Significant EffortI would like to assign a point value to each one.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to make graders anonymous to students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi...Is is possible to create a master page that can be linked to in any course an instructor teaches? Also, if changes were made to the master page, would those changes show up in other courses that the page was a part of?Thanks!Holly

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Canvas community!I'm a new Program Manager at a University over Community Education.  I want all of our HR instructors to start using Canvas for their classes.  We need to track students progress and review course content. I'm told that the pro...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to hide (mute) an assignment before I start grading it. Is this possible? My Canvas courses seem to require that I post at least one student's grade before I'm given the option to hide the assignment.

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Where is the navigation pane that I can download the e version of the Marketing Plan Handbook ( 5th edition) , Marian Bur Wood ? 

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i successfully take a screenshot and submit on my computer?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am set up as an observer for two children at two different schools.  I cannot figure out how to switch between the two kids.  On my profile, it lists that I am an observer for both kids.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do you create a private group for discussions? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Regarding people tab on left: there are people listed under the "People" section of my course s=who should not be there and people who are not there who should be there. How do I add and delete people? 

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Rubrics + External ToolsCurrently, I have multiple courses linked to External Tools wherein the grades from the tools are automatically updated in my Canvas Gradebook. Within Canvas, I have assignments created with the external link embedded to take ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I upload an excel file that students can actively enter data into it, similar to Google documents? I've seen this done before, but can't seem to find an option for this. Thank you in advance.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can the Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor in Canvas be used to proctor exams that reside in Pearson MyLab?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since my school started on a Thursday, I would like my first week on Modules to start the following week.  How do I move all my dates forward by a week at once?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is this the place to ask instructor specific class related questions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why do announcements posted for my school keep reappearing every time I refresh my dashboard?  In the past, once I closed them they didn't reappear. This just started a couple of weeks ago. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you see completed assignments in the calendar view of an observer account?  The student's calendar shows submitted assignments as crossed out, but the observer's calendar doesn't do the same thing.  It makes it extraordinarily difficult for an...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The "not visible in student files" designation is new this semester and I'm not sure how it differs from just keeping a file unpublished?

• 6 Likes
  • 9 Replies

The online classes I am enrolled in are not showing. Can I manually add? How do I make the classes show?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to import a rubric into Canvas, rather than type the entire document again.  Thanks Mary 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I refined my search and looked for the total number assessment items but I keep getting it wrong on the quiz. Help!

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I keep getting notifications that links to pages or actual files that I have included in my course are broken. Why is this happening?What can I do to ensure it doesn't keep happening?Thanks in advance

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to add the same module/content to several sections without having to go into each section separately? 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

It shows that I have two orientation classes but I only enrolled in one. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know that we can access the analytics and see how often students view pages and whether or not they are submitting assignments, but is there a way to track how long students spend on Canvas rather than the total amount of time online? I am trying t...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

where do I go to change my password

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble allowing students to see the files i have uploaded to the file folder. Currently they do not have access to this. How do i fix this?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Canvas support team has a link on a users profile that "deletes the user's cache".So far this has fixed issues when the items don't display on the course navigation or courses do not display in the Inbox to message.  We requested to have access t...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies