Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

HiI am hoping someone could help.We were trying to look for a way to print out all of the pages on a course easily as we had a student who needed print versions of their pages for accessibility reasons. I came across this idea which seemed to be aski...

• 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have a teacher who had three essay questions for a section exam.  The quiz was created in Quizzes.Next and each question was to be worth 20 pts.  He accidentally marked the last question as 1 pt. and didn't realize his mistake until some students h...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi! Is there anyone else out there using Soundtrap with Canvas?  We have just recently installed the Soundtrap app, but we are experiencing some issues... 1. When we install the app, the app occurs in each and every course menu... The thing is, we on...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you force a redirect to open in a new tab if it is redirecting to another Canvas course?

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For my courses, I weight each assignment equally. However, every assignment technically has different numbers of possible points.It would save me a lot of time if I didn't have to figure out the percentages for each assignment before putting them int...

• 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

We are currently using a Google G Suite as our SAML provider. Is it possible to add another G Suite SAML provider from another Google domain, while keeping our current SAML instance?Thanks,Andrew Philipoffandrew.philipoff@gbhi.org

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to create a private graded individual journal discussion for each student; where I will be able to comment and grade each journal entry separately.   Would like to have 4 submitted journal entries all in one place for each student.  Is t...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi!A student is having a strange issue; when she tries to upload a file in an assignment, the document becomes empty. This has happened to two different students. I don't understand why this happens or how to resolve the issue. The size of the files ...

• 6 Likes
  • 24 Replies

I'd like to create a group for parents but I don't want discussions or files. Anyone know of a way to hide these items?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there, I am looking for course building ideas on how to build out courses revolving around Robotics. We are introducing this certificate program in the upcoming FA19 term and this is brand new for us and I would like some ideas of what is done ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,We are trying to configure SSO between Canvas and Azure. We followed this guide https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1402-azure-overview and everything works if the user signs into Azure first and then navigates to Canvas site. However, whe...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I have copied a previous course, including all announcements, but I would like the students to see them, when I think it is time to post them, not from the beginning of the course. (The students are already enrolled in the course, and its publishe...

• 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

We're looking to create a style guide for all courses in our University.  Does anyone have advice on where to begin?  Since the old Canvas style guide has been replaced with InstUI, I'm not as familiar with the options.  I'd love tips from others as ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When one exports a course, where does it go/how do I access the exported material?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am having my students scan their homework and upload them to a Canvas assignment as a pdf file. However, I have a couple of students that don't have the ability to scan their homework. Therefore they turn them in to me directly. I would like for al...

• 23 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I am looking use a third-party website feedback tool. The requirements to launch is to place a javascript into the HTML of the header or footer of the page.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am working with a number of our institutions on the new Gradebook. One of the positives is the ability to override a grade. However, it appears to me that the grade override ONLY lets one change the calculated grade for another grade that is availa...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone have any code they would like to share that would provide the ability to change the Canvas mobile app background color and log in button color?  I found an article on how to add my own header (https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/25031-...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can a stylus pen be used when writing comments on student papers in the speedgrader? 

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello!I deleted most of the pictures that I uploaded on my files the other day (for cleaning the space),  I attached all those pictures on Discussion section, but just found out today that the pictures couldn't show up anymore:((How can I get all the...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Some assignments in Canvas allow for "No submission" or "on paper" meaning the student doesn't have to submit anything electronically for the assignment, but there is still a spot for a grade. (Particularly useful for our Technical College that uses ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I didn't find anything out here, so posting a question.  We had someone delete a professor's user account, who had taught in prior terms already concluded.  I was able to restore the user account, however, that did NOT restore their prior courses the...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! Is there any way of making a page visible only once for the students, as it is possible for the quizzes? Or, is it possible to erase a quiz from the list of results (swedish: omdömen)? We want our students to be able to see the information only o...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I embed a course in my personal webpage? for sharing my content to students that do not attend my university.

• 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi all,Having trouble with using the range feature in the rubrics.  I want the range to be 8-6, 5-3, 2-0.What Canvas does is 8-6, 6-3, 3-0.  This is not what I want.Is there a way to have it do the ranges I want?  Is there a vote already started with...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am struggling with Mastery Paths.  I have set up a simple mastery path with three different paths. When I test the paths using the test student, I get a message that says "Locked until the assignment is graded"   even though the assignment is gr...

• 11 Likes
  • 20 Replies

Is there no way to attach questions to a stimulus and pull them from a question bank with the attached questions?I need to create a quiz that randomly pulls questions from a question bank so that each student has a slightly different assessment.I tri...

• 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is anyone else having issues with syncing "Missing" assignments to PowerTeacher Pro??  Late and Exempt transfer fine but Missing assignments do not.  Thanks

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I monitor login and logoff times and submission atempts? Studnets tell me they worked on submitting but get an error?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,I'm doing most of my reading (PDFs) in the app on my tablet and sometimes on my phone. I'm using the marker tools to highlight the important points while reading.Unfortunately, the markings in the document are not synced. i.e. the same PDF has...

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies