Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hey,I'm currently setting up an Ares LTI (course reserves) in Canvas and am wondering if there is a way to force it to open in a new tab instead of the frame. Apparently the tool has some links that will produce errors when accessed from a frame.It's...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Admins,How do you typically communicate Canvas (and other technology) updates with your faculty? I'm looking for some new ideas.Appreciate the shares!Sarah

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Happily our district is making the move to Canvas this Fall (full implementation Spring 2017).  As such I am supporting faculty in moving their content from our previous LMS (blackboard) into Canvas.  All has gone fairly smoothly until today when I m...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Stupeflix Presentation​Make videos online with photos, clips, music - StupeflixStupeflix is a free, online tool for creating videos.  You can incorporate still images, videos, add audio, use "text 2 speech" for slide narration, add soundtrack audio/n...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

This is not a question, but a message. Quiz name edit functionality seems to be broken and replacing existing data. This started on Saturday morning. When I edit a quiz question and save the quiz, all questions in the quiz revert to Question 1, Quest...

• 5 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I found the Canvas Style Guide through this group - awesome BTW. But, I now want to make my buttons all the same width. I don't know where to place the code?

• 7 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm helping an instructor go through the features in Canvas and we cannot view Announcements that we post when we change to Student View. Is this because the Notifications feature is disabled in Student View or are we missing something?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A friend is using a different LMS (VLE) Firefly, which is very popular with UK schools. He tells me that the platform allows him to:(a). Viewable Documents. Drag over an Office file to a page in the VLE. The Office file then displays as open - eg lik...

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to mass upload student photos for their profile?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I'm trying to create a quiz for an assignment where I will accept any answer. This is my way of making an assignment a completions grade. Is this possible? If not, is there any other way to get this done?  Thanks for your help.

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

As a district instructional technology coach I have had several teachers ask for course / lesson templates to work off of. Sometimes the idea around "designing" a lesson page or structuring an entire course can seem overwhelming. Recently I had the o...

• 9 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Does anyone know why we got this error even when copying courses within Canvas?WE can understand that it could happen when copying from Blackboard to Canvas but not within Canvas. Here are some error messages  Missing links found in imported content ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Esteemed Canvas Admins,Are any of you currently using eSync Training with your Adobe Connect integration in Canvas?If so, can you answer three things for me?What sort of licensing do you have set up for Adobe Connect?What do you love about eSync?What...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a class in Canvas's CSS for screen reader only text? There are instances where my course would be more accessible if I could add text that would only display for screen readers. WebAIM describes this well in their document "Invisible Content...

• 18 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Hello Canvas gurus! We are trying to identify the variable that keeps the language set by the student on their profile. We used to use the variable  ENV.LOCALE to identify the student profile language and it used to work fine but not on the new UI.Th...

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Admins,Do you know if there is a resource either in the Community or online elsewhere with tips or information for troubleshooting student issues with Canvas Collaborations? I've noticed an uptick in complaints from students about issues with Collabo...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi All,We have setup our Canvas instance to use SAML for auth using our Office 365 credentials. I followed the steps here: Tutorial: Azure Active Directory Integration with Canvas LMS | Microsoft Azure and everything worked flawlessly, first time.Now...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all,We used to have SCORM on Blackboard and not Canvas any more. My question is :- Do we have to pay to get this tool into Canvas?- Saw this link and it doesn't say anything about how to get the tool as LTIHow do I import SCORM files as an assignm...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Help!!I am developing a Canvas course that is self-paced but where submissions and discussion content will linger within the course providing information/viewpoints available for other users as they work through the course. Is there a way for student...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We've been having a rash of faculty adding in students using incorrect email addresses, which then causes the students to have multiple accounts.  Is there any way to disable the ability for non-admins to create new user accounts?  We've tried educat...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have a set of files that I store on Google Drive in our university sponsored site. I want students to have access to these files. Here is an example set up in a folder called Doing Assignments ...I use both GoggleDrive and ODrive to access these fi...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have have had Design Tools (apparently aka Kennethware;  @kenneth_larsen  available to our users during the the pilot phases of our Canvas adoption.  As we move into full adoption, we are needing to decide whether to continue to provide Design Too...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So, this is a new one for me.  I have several faculty who want an Assignment group for Quizzes that is weighted (they want to apply some rules).  Within that group that have about 45 quizzes.  The quizzes all have different # of questions, BUT they w...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

The blog post Looking Up Values in Formula Questions mentions the functions reverse, sort, and at that can be used when creating formula questions. This is the only reference to the use of functions in Formula Questions that I can find anywhere. Is t...

• 8 Likes
  • 19 Replies

For anybody who may be interested, I have developed a small javascript snippet that will allow you to add your own question numbers to quiz questions (useful for grouped questions with different answer types i.e. Question 1(a) multiple choice, Questi...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After working with a publisher to install their integration, an icon now appears by default in the rich content editor linking to publisher's material. How can I change the default so the icon only appears for people who use that publisher? Thank you...

• 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Our instructors were wondering if they can bring Journals from Blackboard over to Canvas, and is there a Journal function in Canvas at all, if not , what is the alternation?Thanks

• 13 Likes
  • 12 Replies

HelloI am wondering how I can password protect an assignment the way I would a quiz? We have quiz items that are delivered to us and graded via an LTI external tool from a vendor. As a result, all of the items are considered assignments with an exter...

• 6 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Deactivated user​  @matthew_weather , would you be willing to share a code snippet that you used to enable Tip 3 as seen here?  I'm playing around with your Tip 1, but am very intrigued by Tip 3.  Often, that workflow is exactly what I'm trying to do...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is more of a "heads up" than a discussion, and it didn't fit as a question either.I was attempting to create a few courses via the GUI "SIS Import."  My courses.csv file had the structure shown below.I clicked on Choose File and selected the abo...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 Replies