Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I'm currently enrolled in Canvas Conversations as my institution is preparing to move from BbLearn to Canvas. In order to complete the modules within Canvas Conversations, I have to enroll in two different Learning Pathways. I followed the steps to a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does any one else have issues with wrong links when using content of materials imported from a course a few years ago? I have no problem with last semester's course being imported to this year but have lots of issues with importing Canvas class conte...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been working on the school I work at's Canvas building courses and have not been able to find the Attendance option in navigation (not even in disabled portion of navigation). How would I go on making this available to the other users and the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a query from an academic colleague regarding the formatting of Arabic and English text on the same page. Currently, there is no way to format this correctly (other than using the HTML) when both scripts appear on the same page.Although HTML is...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have no option to enable a reply or initial post through canvas for the discussion board. What would the recommended solution be?Thanks,

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to "clean up" the files in a course?  I want to delete all of the unnecessary files but don't want to do this one file at a time.  Too time-consuming.  Or is there a way to delete all of the files and then rebuild the files that  I wan...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I checked my course with the udoit accessibility checker, and it threw well over 1600 errors, many of them dealing with extremely trivial things like using "colors for emphasis" and recommended fix being bolding or italicizing the words.  I can't be ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am working on a creating a course where I'd like two sections. The content is the exact same, but I want the order in which they're permitted to access the material to vary. For example: Time OneTime TwoTime ThreeTime FourSection OneAccess to Quiz ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question about how best to set up our enrolment. Right now we are only showing tutorial video pages and we'd like to automate the enrolment (so we don't have to add each person manually). At the same time we don't want to have "self enrolmen...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,My institution invited me to Canvas and I setup my account successfully but I was not asked about any username during registration process and my account is now setup.There are clear guidelines from the institution that my username must be a nu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I, the cursor seem not to work on the reply section of the question so how do I bring it into the work using the annotation sign?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I canvas the teacher had marked my assignment and when try to review feedback it doesn't work. It is blank.please give me advice orzo a check up of my canvas.kind regards, ELi 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I've been creating some interactivities in Storyline and exporting them into Canvas.I would like to add an essay/free form text box into the interactivity (it is a question type in Storyline) and have it show up in Canvas. I am able to see th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What I was curious about is whether you can tie the assignments that are auto assigned by Canvas to Learning Outcomes. These are basically like custom standards that can be tied to individual assignments and test questions that you create in Canvas. ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know that Canvas can export a single gradebook, but if I want to export multiple gradebooks simultaneously, how can I? I'm contemplating this in the context of archiving gradebooks for multiple courses. Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I go to her class in Canvas to access notes, files, etc, but when I try to access anything in her class on Canvas, the system asks me to sign in and authorize myself. I authorize and use my school email as well as giving Canvas access to my drive. Wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our Canvas LMS instance is currently syncing with Power School for user provisioning, does this integration also disable users in Canvas LMS when they are disabled from Power Schools?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I dropped a course and added a new one. I want to know how long it’s gonna take for the new course to reflect on my canvas.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an existing API call that will allow for me to select all courses in a given Term and change their Participation to "Term" if they are set as "Course"?In the past, we allowed instructors to choose their own participation settings. We now hav...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello,I am really struggling to navigate my way around CANVAS and feel quite lost. Please can I have someone to advise. It says that my tutor is Elizabeth Smith, but I am not sure how to contact her.RegardsLisa Williams

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students can't see the additional comments I've made on some quiz answers. There are four different groups of students using the quiz. I can see there's an option for 'show students quiz results' but will this be to all students or can you select ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi collective. Is it possible for students to adjust their notifications so that they are alerted immediately  that there is a new assignment? It appears that students get a weekly email detailing new assignments, but i want immediately or, at the ve...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have several teachers who are leaving our district. One of our teachers has made item banks and shared edit access with other teachers. What will happen to these item banks after the original teacher leaves? Will the teachers with edit access stil...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am working with a user who runs into an issue with her Canvas messages. The message will send at a certain time, but the recipient will not get that message until hours afterward, even though the timestamp on both messages shows that the message wa...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We create assignments in Canvas and have added Turnitin integration for plagiarism checks. When a student adds a submission via OneDrive LTI integration a similarity report is not created in the SpeedGrader. If they upload the file directly then a re...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We are keen to use Course or Section start and end dates both  To better release the materials to students on different schedulesTo give us a little more granularity where we are looking at analytics/data If we use Course or Section start dates, what...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello everyone,After a very successful virtual edition last year, we would like to invite you to our first in-person conference in Amsterdam, inspirED Europe 2023, taking place on June 8th.This year, we're excited to welcome David Nicol and Suzanne M...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I see my list of Summer classes 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies