Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi allI'm wondering if there is a way to generate a report by user for a subaccount showing total number of minutes/hours each user (both teachers and students) has been active in each course? I have 40+ courses in a subaccount so it would be less th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My course has rolling enrollment. I want to delete student responses to Discussion posts. Is there a way to delete a large number of responses at once or am I doomed to clicking Delete on each and every one?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Upon returning from a short break, I logged in to my canvas page (Instructor) and the labels down the left side of the screen (Announcements, Quizzes, Lock Down Browser, Modules, etc) have disappeared. The content in the center of the screen takes up...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i edit an assignment my proffesor gave me to do

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not like how I cannot restrict students from viewing the correct answers on assessments. Under the "classic" quiz function, I can choose dates and times for the correct answers to be viewed and then uncheck it. New quiz function doesn't give me ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make grades visible to students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I plan to workout more and try to eat healthy foods. Will se be learnig about helthy options? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I had difficulty uploading my file for the assessment part and it seems to be the same case with my email as well. Regards,Margie

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble pasting links to google classroom for my student's lessons. For some reason, I cannot add students to my classroom in Top Score Writing, so I am trying to share the teacher-led videos and interactive lessons with my class. The vid...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to get all groups for a user, with their user_id?The api has /api/v1/users/self/groups endpoint to get your own groups. Is there a similar way to get other user's groups using their user id?In the quiz statistics endpoint, you get a li...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We need to get groups in a course, but we have several groups with no members, which we are not interested in. Is there a way we can get all groups with a mebers_count greater than 0.As far as we can see there are no sorting options on endpoint /api/...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a assignment I have been trying to duplicate.  I click on the 3 dots on the righthand side and select duplicate.But, the working wheel just keeps going around and after a good 15 to 20 minutes I get an error message.Any one else expeiencing th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

i can not get my video to load to be able to get it turned in today i have followed alll i can and strill can not turn in my assignment

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a new student group and chose membership by invitation only without inviting anyone. And I cannot invite anyone after I created this group. So, I am the only one in this group. I am wondering how I could leave this group that I created by m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason my screen is extremely dark, and I can barely see any text or icons in front of the background. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried restarting my browser and I looked through the Canvas settings but nothing works. It seems to only ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Is it possible to use roll call attendance or something like that to track daily attendance but not have it create a separate grade/points? My students want the accountability of knowing when they have missed, but my grade system is a manual "...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I would like to add some occasional students to a Canvas page as Observers. Basically I want them to be able to see the same content as the regular students soo, without needing to submit assignments. They would be "observing nobody". Other posts ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have students who are uploading assignments and all I see is the work count.  I do not receive their actual document.  This is happening to a lot of my students.  What do I tell the students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do I add time for DSS students while not affecting the others?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

jpg not showing up on Safari AND Chrome for one of the schools my child is enrolled in. All images shows up fine for another school he is in so it is not parental control, router issue, etc. We tried disabling cross-site tracking in Safari and cleari...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cant login in on my computer because I don't have an "account". I have access through my school..how do I get to the app from a browser????????? please tell me I don't have to do all of my class work on my phone.Im losing my mind over here trying t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not sure what I did but a lot of my students grades are now showing as missing in Canvas.  I noticed one assignment was not set up to sync to Infinite Campus so I changed that setting and synced but many grades are now showing as missing.  The on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Unfortunately, I'm limited to the Canvas App on my cell phone this weekend. I have a module I'd like to publish this morning, but I can't. I'm really frustrated by this lack of functionality.(No, I can't get into my Canvas site through my school's we...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like for students to be able to update their profile and add the name they would like to be called -- please help!!! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone help with the syntax to be used while importing a Classic Quiz question and answer, Type multiple_choice_question, multiple_dropdowns_question, multiple_answers_question,Would be great if someone can help understand the API with an exampl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We create our Canvas accounts from an API integration with our SIS and we are seeing a large number of accounts that show emails as unconfirmed. We have been in touch with both our SIS (Anthology Student) who built the integration and Canvas. Canvas ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am having trouble with my password. I wrote down my password so I would not forget it but the password I used is not working. So, I hit the reset your password button and I have not received the link to reset it. I have done that 4 times and waited...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why Canvas does not have a post/publish date for assignments? This would be extremely helpful. I do not view this date to be the same as available date. This was very useful in Google Classroom.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas home page disappeared -Lesson page also disappeared but still able to see on pages.How do I put it back?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies