Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello all - is there an Edit feature that will allow me to change a Page to an Assignment?  This would be incredibly convenient. Please note, I'm not talking about using copy/cut/paste functionality. My course has about 34 pages (two per week for 17 ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access the place where I submit my proposal, Dissertation checklist and turn it in

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been telling students to download my feedback when I post their grades.Their work is submitted and translated to a PDF file by Canvas, and I then assess and provide feedback via SpeedGrader using the annotation tools of "Free draw annotation" an...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Situation: A professor recorded a video of what they were doing in front of the class. You see them talking and the Excel file they are displaying with no problems, but they’re also writing notes on the whiteboard, which is impossible to see. Questio...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Everyone:The classic quiz has features not available in the new quiz.  Will Canvas be keeping the two quiz engines indefinitely or will Canvas be adding ALL features from Classic into the New Quiz?  We would like to keep both classic and new be...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This morning I have multiple teachers who are experiencing issues with copying a "New Quiz" between courses.The new quiz is created in a "Sandbox" course.Question stems include images added via "Insert > Image >Upload Image"The quiz is copied to a li...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 11 Likes
  • 32 Replies

Hi!How do I link to text further down or back-to-top? i.e. on the same page in the rich content editor?Caroline

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently, I put Assignments in Assignment Groups, set assignments to be graded by point scores (not percentages), and provide percentage weights for the groups. What I'd like to do is create weights for assignments within groups, but also use a poin...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,2022 Fall Quater courses(ESL Level5, IoT introduction) do not be shown in my Canvas. Just 2022 Summer Quater courses are shown to me. My UCI ID# is 001094644. Could you resolve this issue?Best Regards,Jungdae

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When logged into Canvas and accessing a feature within my module (Course Readings) on my Macbook Air, the site lists:Error 405 Not Allowednginx/1.22.0

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I log on to my canvas account, everything is blank and it doesn't display a "courses" icon. When I click inbox, calendar and dashboard, It is just a blank white screen.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can the Announcements also be populated in the student email of the university . In another LMS I used, one has the option to send the Announcement as an email to the students' university email account

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a training on power point. Is it possible to import the training into canvas? Or alternatively is it possible to import from EdApp?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For a training that I have created is there a way to download or export the training into pdf slides or powerpoint file so that I can send the students a copy of the slides of the training?

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm starting to use Groups within my Canvas course and am trying to figure out how to link a page at the course level with a group. For instance, if I have 5 groups in my course, I would like to be able to link to where I've shared common information...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I continue to get notifications that my browser is not updated on LockDown Browser, however, I have the most up to date Chrome and Safari browsers. It has occurred on both browsers. I have been experiencing unexpected quits during exams to whi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to see student statistics by question bank?If there is not a canvas function, are there any excel export options?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is the password for CANVAS the same as my Tulane email account?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone!Is there a way to have a Module close at midterm (so on a specific date)? I want to award a Badgr Badge for what I'm calling "On-Time Performance."  The idea is to motivate people to avoid waiting until the last minute with the badge. Com...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have posted assignments in the Canvas Assignment folder (i.e., Register for your e-textbook; Forum #1; Forum #2). They are all listed in their respective folders (Assignments, Discussions, etc.) but are not appearing in Modules. How can I fix this ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course is using classic quizzes. When I add these quizzes to a module sometimes the text "(classic)" appears after the quiz name, and sometimes not.Does anyone know why? Or how to remove the extra "classic" label? I'd rather not see it as I'm scro...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Since creating a new Access Token for the integration, I'm able to upload sis csv import files with the API. However, I am not able to use any of the other API calls (i.e. create logins, list canvas terms, etc...). Seeing how I am an Admin, I am not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I duplicate a course I have previously created in order to have a second course to be slightly modified and adapted for different students?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I used an essay question in a quiz to gather necessary student information.  However when I went to compile the information, I found that I couldn't cut and paste anything from the student's responses.I am using Canvas Free for Teachers.  The questio...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm puzzled - thanks in advance for reading.I am a Canvas admin at my institution. My husband is a professor at another institution so I can see the difference in their instance vs. ours. For example, for whatever reason, at his school, he cannot cre...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

How do I change a setting that allows students to view the grade breakdown of the class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a weird Link Validation error and hoping someone might have an idea why this is happening or how to fix it. After performing a Link Validation, it is stating that pictures are missing from some assignments. There is one problem. Those assignme...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I moved some assignments to the wrong module how can I undo the move?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to copy several assignments to another course but they are in different modules. How can I copy all the assignments at the same time without copying the module?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies