Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Im having, issues viewing my profile on the left side of the tool bar on my artcenter.instructure account. I am able to get onto the page via link through my school student account, however no profile shows up and I am unable to submit home work. I h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get a student into the proper section on Canvas after their schedule was changed? I have a student whose schedule change placed her on a different day (different due dates, etc.), but she is still listed in Canvas in my A-day class. What do ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I administer a benchmark, will the results be embedded into my tracker for that class?  My data from assessments that I have created is uploaded, I am just wondering if the district benchmark data will be imported into the tracker as well. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm keen to hear from others that are using Lockdown Browser and setting up either Old Quiz or New Quiz with an Excel file that students access within the lockdown browser, work on, and then submit as part of their quiz submission.I see how to do tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who lost power in the middle of a Quiz. For some reason, the system submitted the assignment and I can't figure out how to reopen it. How do I reopen an assignment after it is already submitted??

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Presumably due to the LTI tool nature of New Quizzes, when a user inserts a hyperlink in the "Instructions" field using the Virtual Text Editor, if that hyperlink happens to be an internal link to a Canvas page or other area within that course, that ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I upload Storyline files using SCORM the only options that appear are Assignment and Page. How do I import a Storyline file into a Discussion? Is this done using HTML embed code? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned a peer review in a discussion.  How can students view their peer reviews?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using the Nearpod integration with Canvas and my students are having trouble accessing images on the bottom portion of many of the tasks. The tool bar is in the way and unable to move out of the way to enter information. Is there a way to hide the to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete last year's introductory panopto recording and replace it with this year's?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was wondering if there is an easy way to access students' Canvas logs for quizzes?  The only way that I have found to do this is to click on the individual student and then click on "View Log".  I was thinking if there were a report that I could ru...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to set the course card/calendar color for all students enrolled in that class? (We don't want students to be able to change the calendar color settings).

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I print an actual hardcopy of the annotated feedback which my instructor has made directly on my assignment submissions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have two students who are listed in my my People link and are assigned the correct course section and have submitted assignments and I've scored the assignments.  BUT when I go to the grade book, their names are not showing up.  Any idea what is ha...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Role: AdministratorTeachers can be very creative in the way they award extra credit... Some of our teachers are creating assignments with zero total points and then giving the student a few points on that assignment.  This works in the Canvas grade ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello lovely Canvas Comrades!Bizarrely the left click menus in modules on my home page have disappeared. (Those three dots on the end of each item in a module?) and at the same time the Student View button keeps defaulting to a "Whoops no page here" ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Community,In this case, As an Admin, I need to know which students were removed or add-in to the course, the time and date when they were removed or added and who remove or added them.Do we have this feature in Canvas? If yes, where should I look ...

(Channel Partner)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

According to the Canvas documentation I should see an edit icon net to Collaborations that I have created in my course (I am using OneDrive for the collaboration files) - https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-create-a-Microsoft...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to submit a photo of my assignment and I can't.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are the rubrics not automatically saved? Why is the score not auto populated into the score box?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

First off, I know that there has been a thread about this, but the solution relates to IOS. So, had the request to see about implementing a dark theme/dark mode from several of the users here.Has any one managed it?  If so how did you do it?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-29-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have 8 Canvas courses for the same content area class.  I would like to copy assignments into each of the 8 classes.  At the moment, I can copy into one course at a time.  Is there a way to copy into multiple courses at once?  The 'copy to' feature...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I was not aware that there was a student calendar until my students pointed out that the regularly scheduled zoom meeting wasn't appearing on it. Is there a way to make this happen automatically? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Having issues getting into the app. After staring at the loading screen for a while, which outlasts the time for my iPad to turn off, it kicks me out. I’ve tried restarting my iPad, powering my iPad off and on, and gone through manager trying to rein...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I'm a parent with an observer role in Canvas. Is it possible for a teacher to disable the "assignments" navigation link for the student, but have it enabled for the observer? I find the assignments page to be very useful (along with the grades...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an admin in my current employers' canvas, and I am working with a faculty member who wants to allow students to self-enroll. I followed instructions from "How do I enable course self-enrollment with a join code or secret URL?" but there is no op...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I pull up subjects like Syllabus and Quizzes on the Dasboard

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have a quiz that the students have taken and one student had to take it late due to illness.  Now when I open speed grader for the quiz I can only see the student who completed it late.  How do I see the other quizzes to grade them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies