Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The Calendar seems to be set to show only the first line of any Event or Assignment posted there, so you can’t read the full text of the event name in the Calendar view, unless you mouse over it for the pop-up with the full description or click on it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! First time using canvas. I have been trying to copy assignments and modules into different class periods but they simply will not copy. The assignments and modules and published. I followed instructions that I received from this website on how to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I view a student's original work and the comments and grades on it when a student has uploaded a revision and the original is no longer visible?   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas  This is Wasta, I am using Canvas app which my school provides me to takes the video lecture but on my Ipad (IOS 15) generation 8 ,as I open the video there is no audio in the video , only when I start the video there is a sound but as so...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Professor has on the function on the modules that are locked until you finish the one before hand. I am having issues because it is locked on my end even though I did all the prerequisites to it. She cannot fix it on her end and I am freaking out ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a husband and wife that both were to create accounts on CANVAS.  Somehow both emails were linked to the husband's name.  When I look in Shirl does not show up in my course roster, but if I go to add her e-mail her husband's name pops up and I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas community,Is the customization of the sender name only exclusive to root account? I don't see the same tab in other accounts created (see attached). We would like to customise it per department (not using the main company).  Thanks in advan...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am able to edit the Syllabus page, but not given the option to make it available/public. How do I do that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to delete a large number of courses? I saw a post from 2017 and I was wondering if the same process still applies? TIA, @James Jeneen Hill

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

This is my 3rd year with canvas observing my 2 kiddos. When I go to look at grades from a class, the pull down menu has EVERY class they've had for the last 3 years. Does anyone know how to just make the pull down menu the current term?? I have starr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm building a quiz on the topic of fractions. I don't want to use multiple choice, so students have to enter the exact numeric answer. However, the builder does not have a fraction tool nor will it accept "1/4" as a number. Is there anything that ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have 3 sections of AP classes.  When I use Discussions on Canvas, I would like to separate the postings from 3 different classes.  But it looks like I see all the postings together.  Is there anything I can do as to the settings so that I can see t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I know there is a way to message students regarding course grades in New Analytics, but is there ANY way to message observers in the same manner? Without having to go one by one. Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HiI have admin right and API access to a self hosted Canvas instance.Now, I need user-specific auto-login links which will be generated in our external web application programmatically. So that students will not bother with an additional password for...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There should be a link called pages. All of the worksheets she puts up I can't view them. I'm going into the third week and need a fix asap please. If there is a place I can drop in please let me know.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am so frustrated.  I have always been able to link a Google doc to a Canvas assignment, have the student click the assignment, automatically making a copy, complete the assignment, and then click submit so that it posts directly to Canvas and I'm n...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Starting today (after 2+ years), teachers have been getting this error from Google when trying to sign into Canvas.400. That’s an error.Error: malformed_certificateError while signing data with certificateIs this something in the "Authentication Sett...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In one of my courses, the live video is not accessible while it's live. A classmate and I (that I know of-could have been more online students) didn't have access the first week so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to print student submissions of an assignment by section? My teachers prefer hand grading sometimes and it is quite difficulty to have to download multiple sections and separate them as they print alphabetically and not by section. I w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day,We have received an error when trying to assign 200 students to an observer.  All of the documentation I find says that you can assign from 1 to many.Is there a known limit to the number of students per observer?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My colleagues and I had a question about "outdated" learning mastery: we've been working with Canvas for a while now, learning and improving as we go. This means some of our older material has become outdated and we'd like to have a "spring clean" in...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've tried to reach out to Canvas support directly, but we are just talking in circles because each new support representative doesn't bother reading what has already been addressed. They are sending me basic how-to emails when I've got a clear issue...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an administrator, how do I help students reset password?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the inbox, when i press compose a new message and search up a name nothing comes up except for the teacher from that class and me. I wanted to become friends with the students but im not sure how to get their emails

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, in our course we want to do attendance through a canvas graded quiz. It is a large course with 500+ students. It is imperative that students would not be able to see from when till when the graded quiz attendance registry is open on Canvas, we...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add a font to the Rich Content Editor? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for a student to submit both a text box submission and a PDF file in one submission? Canvas doesn't show me multiple submissions, it just shows the PDF one. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to click a link to a lecture in one of my classes but it does not load the video. I have restarted and updated my google chromebook but it is still not working. Any way to get that fixed?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Just this morning I have been experiencing an error when trying to duplicate an assignment, something which I have done many times.Getting this error.  It took nearly 10 minutes to return this error.. Anyone else having the same problem?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I delete an assignment from Canvas after I completed a grade passback with Synergy, will the assignment still show in Synergy or will it get deleted?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies