Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

My course at Massasoit Community College, Beginning French 1,MLFR101-W20,  begins on Tuesday, May 31.Can I publish it today, and If so, can I change the available dates for assignments to today, May 30?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Student Submissions This is a report of all students enrolled in a course in a given term who have turned in an assignment. This report contains one row per student submissionHow can I enable the submission delivery report to track students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students click the link to their copy of a Google Drive Cloud assignment, does the link always go to the same doc, or does it make a new version of the doc each time they click the link?Say, for example, I have students working on a Google Drive...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the best way to set account roots as an administrator?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am interested in taking a more advance workshop that allows the participant to build a course and get step by step feedback so that the participant can then lead other faculty in their department to use the tool and help troubleshoot issues. Does a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So have been developing an application to manage courses and grant users permissions to said courses and was able to throw together a UI that creates a course, sets-up up content migration and adds a primary and secondary teacher to the course.Doing ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Quiz has been set with a 3 day window.  Not time limited.Some students have completed the quiz.  Some have started it but not submitted.  A few hours before the closing window time is reached, the teacher then extends the availability by a further 72...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm in Speedgrader looking at some quiz results and when I click the "View log" link at the top, a new instance of the dashboard opens up - still within Speedgrader.  So you its possible to open up multiple embedded instances of your dashboard (and o...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a writing instructor teaching a class where students are required to give peer feedback. However, I would like to leave private feedback for each student. How do I accomplish this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It appears that the status of assignments that do not require file submission appear in the mobile app with the Student mobile app as 'Not Submitted'.This can be misleading for students who are possibly alarmed to think that they have not completed a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A similar question was asked but the response did not tell how to delete a response totally so it will not mess up the  grade.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to complete Lesson 2.9 in Growing With Canvas: Canvas Teacher Training and I cannot access a Home Page to modify.  Nor do I know how to navigate to create one.  Please assist. Roger

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I completed a mandatory continuing ed session to maintian my NJ RN license & would like a hard copy of the title, course objectives, & instructor info for my records.Helene Fedeleladybugnp315@gmail.com

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

no me deja entrar al zoom

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, The modules in one of my online classes keeps kicking me out. What if anything can I do? I've logged out, restarted my computer, logged back in. Same thing keeps happening. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not to canvas and am trying to set up a home page from scratch.  Where do I go to start this process? Templates?  Etc?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what is the web address for canvas please

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a series of modules that students complete in the course.  Each module ends with a quiz.  There are some students who have completed a few but not all modules and in the gradebook the non-completed modules are blank.  And then there are some ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I see that some of my pages, for instance, Introduction (to a module) and assignments, have numbers next to the title which look like version numbers. Is there a way I can delete these? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created several mastery paths. I have also had to fix others teachers mastery paths. Is there a way to automatically send assignments to a mastery without going in to every assignment and either clicking the box or assigning it to mastery path...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am getting this error message after following all steps from Microsoft, when accessing the app in a course, I get this error in the request: {"status":"bad_request","message":"Invalid lti_message_hint"}

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I just bought ap lang a and b half an hour ago, but it's not showing up in my courses. What can I do to be able to start the course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

WHAT IS THIS?????It is happening to one of our teachers.It isn't the document as I (an Admin) can upload and the happens regardless of the file attempted.It isn't a file space issue for the course or user.HELP HELP HELP!!!!!Screen-capture of the erro...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Alguien sabe si se pueden gestionar los anuncios globales, es decir colocarlos en el orden que yo desee, ya que de lo que se se ubican en orden cronológico de acuerdo se van publicando.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to hide text in the snippets that appear under announcements, perhaps with CSS? In the attached example, the text under the "Week Two Introduction" says this:"Week TwoMay 23rd - May 27th OverviewIn Week Two, you'll begin working with t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ok, folks, a little overwhelmed here. I used gradebook to average biweekly participation grades this semester. one student had an emergency and i told her the 0 for that one class grade would be dropped on averaging. How do I alter the algorithm to i...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

2021-2022 was our first year using a locally designed course template, which was enabled by our previous in-house IT person.   We have made one small change to the navigation options in the template for the next school year.    My question is, is the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created a question bank and aligned it with an outcome measure.  I used individual questions from this bank in several different quizzes across the semester. In Learning Mastery Gradebook, there is no indication of mastery; the space in each studen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies