Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

In Assignments, you can individualize due dates by section or individual. Is there a way to do the same for pages? Thanks! 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have created a portfolio template that I want my students to use in google sites. When I create a course kit to assign it to them so they have their own copy of the site, the site does not show up on their end. It shows that it was assigned and tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

after i was added as a TA to a class, my canvas to do list looks different and my announcements no longer come up as tasks. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students do not have BigBlueButton conferences available to them. The conferences are listed on the instructor view, but not on the student view.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of my instructors reported that Quizzes were not working in her course. Upon inspection, I see that all the Classic quizzes that used to be in this course were converted to New Quiz. No explanation why quizzes that were imported into a shell alon...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to get the students to be able to annotate on a PDF using the Canvas annotation option.Some videos I watched are pretty straight forward and show that once I click the annotate tool when creating an assignment, the students can then see a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to determine page activity on the pages in our Student Resource Center, (which I've built in Canvas) like I can do with a regular website.The closest I've come is the View Access Report but that's for an individual and I'm looking to see ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please ask someone to follow up on this suggestion board---https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Add-due-date-for-completing-peer-review/idc-p/537125#M70873it is a feature desperately needed for writing classrooms like mine. 

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We have to have a calendar - months with clickable dates - for our student facing front page. I am making buttons and inserting them into a table. This. Is. So. TEDIOUS. We are on an A/B schedule. It's a lot. I wonder if anyone has created one that t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas dashboard wont load after resetting it many times. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I often need to make updates to many courses at the same time. I have template versions of the course that then get copied out to the instructors. Sometimes, I need to make a change to one page or one module. There are warnings that importing the sam...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Student here but I went through the Canvas help (done through my university and they didn't have a fix). Copy/Paste not working in Canvas specifically for the feedback/comment box in Chrome. Doesn't allow for any action other than typing and when you...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Two questions:#1: Is there a way to change/add in a deduction for late work? Currently, you can set it to "x" percent per day/per hour, but is it possible to just deduct "x" percent per submission, regardless of lateness?#2: Is there a way to change/...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently transitioned from Learn to Canvas.  In Learn, I had a lot of font size problems which unfortunately transferred into Canvas.  Is there a way to globally set the font size and apply it to a whole quiz or test?  Alternatively, is there a way...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My course was recently transitioned from Learn to Canvas.  Each Module has a variety of items (readings, assignments, and solution sets) that I need to publish at different times.  When I am editing a Module, I mark each individual item as to whether...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My canvas isn't working, the only things on my side bar is the help center, my inbox, and "dashboard" but none of my classes will show up on there. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use Canvas passback to sync to our SIS (PowerSchool, PowerTeacher Pro). This is the first year this has ever happened... All grades being passed back from Canvas to PTP are flagged in PTP as "collected". This includes the zeros for missing work. T...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

No need to answer, as I see there are answers already here.  Just trying out the forum.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have activated the Talent by TORSH external app using the consumer key and shared secret information from my TORSH account. The app appears in my course navigation options; however, when you click on the TORSH Talent option there is an error messag...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I upload PDFs to my files (not course files) and then link to them in several assignments. Students who are using the iOS app have sent me screenshots of an error message, "The specified resource does not exist," when they try to click the file link ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I work with teachers who are logged in as observers in classes for multiple students they are working with. So, they have multiple classes where they are observers. Recently, we noticed that Canvas stopped allowing more that 1-3 course cards on the d...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I cannot add items to a module nor can I add a new module. I have tried another course and I ran into the same issue there.My browsers are up-to-date.I have opened and closed my browser multiple times.I have logged out and back in multiple times.I ha...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas isn't loading on my computer and I've tried restarting it and using different internet connections 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good evening!I have completed an assignment in the SPSS program.  The file is saved as a .sav.  How do I upload this to canvas from this program?ThanksJada

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a teacher's aid, how do I find the access code to a quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just got a new MacBook Air (2017 - Upgraded from a 2012.) Every website I go to works like a charm, except canvas. I can log in with no problems or delays, but when it gets to the dashboard, there are only boxes and "loading" symbols where my Class...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Prior to our district upgrading to the New Assignment interface, I was able to design my assignment descriptions using Canvas' CSS enhanceable_content tabs style. With the new assignment upgrade, this still works, but in a funky way as described belo...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 4 quiz "Modules" in an Orientation course shell. A student has to retake just one of the 4 quizzes. I check marked  "Allow multiple attempts". Do I have to reopen the quiz for him in the module or can he just retake the one quiz?It is importan...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have placed a question in the video quiz for the students to answer them when they have watched the video completely. So the question was placed at the very end of the video. When the students went ahead to view the quiz question, The assignment en...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies