Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do i know who is my tutor and on which email i will send my milestones to review 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It's a few days after my classes have ended for the semester and I went to check on my final grades but all of the classes that I am taking are completely gone. Under current enrollments, it has the classes I took last year. I assumed my classes woul...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I am making a quiz in Canvas (I'm the instructor) with some short answer questions that will be marked by a human marker. I would like to add the answer keys to the quiz, but do it in such a way that the answer keys do not appear to the studen...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

So I see lots of instructions and answered questions about how to create a quiz using the Question Bank. But I can't figure out how to create a Question Bank for an already existing Classic Quiz? I have a Classic Quiz with dozens of questions that I ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Statement by Mr. Goldtooth: "If Navajo Language is lost, then will lose culture and history of Navajo People".1.  List/discuss 2-4 important issues that Mr. Goldtooth raises in the video:a. Introduction made by four clans. He lives in Shiprock and or...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a course group with 12 assignments, but I only want 3 assignments to count for the final grade of that group (worth 10% of the overall grade). Is there a rule to keep only a certain number of assignments in a course group?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a rubric in one course but would like to use it in another course.  Can you copy rubrics from one course to another?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I'm a long time BlackBoard/Turn It In user.  I am using Canvas for the first time at another university. Generally, they are very similar and intuitive.However, when it comes to grading papers, there is one GLARING difference between Blackboard...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was once in a district that used Canvas where we had student logs. These logs were attached to students' Canvas profiles. Teachers could add information to these logs, i.e. "called student's parent and left a message", or "assigned student study ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I need to find information related to some events about deleted courses in canvas. Looking in Admin Tools, specifically Logging>Course activity and then Event details, I can see information that gives me an Event ID, date, time, user, source and ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

it wont let me log in 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently the Submission Comments tab has gone blank on me. Last semester I used it every week to check in on assignment feedback, but starting this semester I can't view anything (even past classes). Is this a local issue to our instance, or somethin...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to do this without having to manually change the assignment to missing?For example, the assignment is on paper with no submission. Has a due date. Student fails to turn in work. Is there a way to set Canvas to auto the missing designat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning!I am unable to access the Respondus Lockdown.  I am getting a note saying, "The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app."  What do I do now?  I am trying to take my first quiz with no success.Please help!Cathy Daniels

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I leave the class once the course is finished?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello am having trouble recording in canvas, I have a macbook air and when I try to record something it says flash required for recording video, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to record.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Right now, messages in my inbox seem to be organized by conversation thread.  This is a mess. I often cannot locate messages because they are in the midst of a string.  Replies are not always listed under "sent" emails.How can I change the setup so t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello,My summer class at STLCC-Florissant Valley is scheduled to open tomorrow, May 17; I am having trouble understanding how to get into Canvas to begin accessing my class.  I clicked on the blue Canvas prompt for students and I see my summer class ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-16-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm signed into my canvas on my phone, ipad and school borrowed laptop. I am able to access canvas fine on my phone and ipad, but when I try to access canvas on the laptop, I just get blank pages. The icons on the side appear, except my courses don't...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Not clear on what it needs to be done

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi - Im using the canvas API to create an external tool that shows up on left hand side as course navigation, and I am able to do this if i use the xml option and put a bunch of xml in the xml param. I was hoping I could do the same without xml, that...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am wondering if I can pull a list of "former" learners or students. Our course is not a typical semestered course but a drop-in publicly available set of modules. We give learners 4 weeks to complete the module and then they are removed to m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I download a Syllabus in my courses on Canvas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find my courses on my canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some SpeedGrader functions are still not working. I tried multiple browsers and devices and physical locations within DC metro area. Tough for in-class presentations and year-end grading and feedback.I'm in IAD area (and maybe AWS region us-east-1).E...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

SpeedGrader appears to be down and says "Service is currently unavailable. Try again later." When might this be corrected? I have time-sensitive grades I need to pass out.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I export a Canvas course as a zip file, will I be able to open the assignments up to pull content from them and/or can I upload them into Google Classroom?I am an instructor moving from a Canvas district to a Google Classroom district.Thank you fo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies