Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, i'm trying to create a new course with the API but i'm getting this result: {"result": null} This is what i'm doing: const courseData = {         course: {             name: titleSection?.title ?? 'Unnamed Course',             course_code: ''...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I change my canvas account to English?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using Canvas Free for Teachers. I have just started a course.  I sent the students a link with a course code. Most newly enrolled students are shown as "Active" but some are listed as "Completed." Is the "enrollment" completed?  The course is ju...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why don't the lecture videos follow the same order as the outline? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do quizzes count for an overall percentage of final grade for course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher with thE next accreditations: -Academy Cloud Foundations -Academy Machine Learning Foundations -Academy Learner Lab - Foundation Services I have created a class of Learner Lab - Foundation Services and I want to add modules but not app...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've created a question bank in a course and can access it.  I have two roles, teacher and designer.  Others in the course can not access the question bank, their role is designer.  Do they need a teacher role in order to use the question bank?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-02-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I know that this change just occurred but I'm just posting a reminder to remove text notifications from the Notification Preferences video.  We link to this tutorial in many of our courses. Thank you! Sarah

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How are others adding student teachers into Canvas? (College students doing their practicum in a public school)  How are you setting their roles?  They are not considered an "employee" yet to have an experience like a teacher, they would have access ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Scenario is there are previous assignments utilizing an external app (ex. turnitin via plagiarism framework) but we need to shift to the LTI (external tool) version so we need to disable/delete the former. How will this affect the previous assignment...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add a note to an assignment and have the note viewable only to me. Is this possible? If so, how?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm creating an app to convert Vimeo Showcases into Canvas quizzes. I'm ready to try exporting the list of json files to the qti format. I've seen example qti format files and can get the json file MOSTLY exported to the right format, but I can't fig...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The icon for students to click says START ASSIGNMENT instead of SUBMIT ASSIGNMENT. How can I change that? Here's the screen shot of what students see:

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can scheduler appointments be limited to specific students in a course? We are using Canvas for advising and would like to have students be limited to scheduling an appointment only with their advisor (there are 3 advisors in the course). Is there a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If you are inheriting a course from another teacher do you "start a new course" and import any material/modules you want to use into this year's "new" course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am new to Canvas and managing four calendars with the same events.  The last response I was able to find related to sharing the same event on multiple calendars was from 2016. Was a solution ever found, or do we still have to enter each event indiv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I have a following strucuture: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <cartridge_basiclti_link xmlns="http://www.imsglobal.org/xsd/imslticc_v1p3" xmlns:lomr="http://ltsc.ieee.org/xsd/imsccv1p3/LOM/resource" xmlns:lomm="http://ltsc.ieee.o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

my subission is late but I have to subitt it through canvas still how can I still submitt it to the professor but not as a email. Come to realize Was never allowed to submitt

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im reading in Readiness Course. I need to download Java. I have a Chromebook and need help downloading please. Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, The following API query used to work:"GET", "https://canvas.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/<course_id>/search_users?search_term=" & uid, Falseuid is our university id, which matches up with the sis_user_id in the canvas user record. So it seem...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My Canvas dashboard and assignment pages are showing up too large.  Can you assist me on how to make the the normal size?  This just happened while I was grading.  I can't put in grades or comments in the boxes provided.  Thank you for your assistanc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is all the training online?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you restore course content or bring back what your course was from a day or two ago especially for Free for teacher users?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assignments in which I just put in grades and students do not have to upload anything. I copied a old quiz to another unit in my module page. I changed the title of the quiz to Final Exam and published it. When I went to the my gradebook I not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to create a slideshow or image gallery on a page with embedded links to places within Canvas? My preference would be to do this using HTML in canvas vs. linking to an external source.  I am starting to learn HTML but know very little. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

From a Quiz Log I see:Started at Thu Jul 29 2021 12:00:00 GMT-040016:10 Answered question:#1So the student answered the question at 12:16:10.  Right? I recorded the quiz (video) and the timestamp on the video, for the mouse click, was 12:16:30,so it ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In a Quiz log, I see 00:01 Session started21:24 Answered question:#121:32 Answered question:#121:41 Answered question:#124:32 Answered question:#2 but I do NOT see the usual: <timestamp>Viewed (and possibly read) question #1<timestamp>Viewed (and pos...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all We need our lecturers to be able to add personal notes about their students somewhere on Canvas. Is there a Canvas builtin functionality or any App that let lecturers to add notes about the students? I am thinking of something like a diary abo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a small school and prefer to allow teachers to create their own courses. Now that we are starting a new year, I have created a new term with the appropriate start and end dates. However, when a teacher creates a course it is automatically ass...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies