Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello, I like to use Canvas for the teacher feedback process - very important in student learning. I recently found out that students can only see the latest version, so if a teacher has left feedback on a first draft, this is lost to the student but...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a large class (ca. 500 students) and many assignments. The New Analytics report throws up the "Warning: Size Exceeded Maximum Number of Rows" message. I see posts about this going back a couple years so I gather it is a known issue. But why is...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can you please try again to answer this question, i.e. not just link to that unhelpful "How do I manage Course Navigation links?" page? Clearly people keep asking this question. How do you make the crossed out eyeball go away? I don't want to know ho...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to get rid of the white background in CANVAS?  It is causing visual problems for me.  I have checked the settings and have only been able to change the contracts.  Turning on this feature affects the navigation pane only.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our term ended on 5/27 for students.  Teachers' access is extended until June 3rd in order to finalize grades.  Teachers using Google Assignments LTI who are still scoring assignments are finding that these grades are not syncing to the Canvas Gradeb...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-09-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I have a question about the Canvas Data Submission_dim datatable workflow state field, what does it mean when the workflow state is unsubmitted? Because for what I know, canvas doesn't allow you to unsubmit assignment Also when I was typing up...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm using curl to send create quiz questions to an already create quiz, the JSON is as follows: { "question": {"question_name": "Question 3","question_text": "Two of the basic instructions implemented by a programming language include:","question_typ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, We are developing iOS and Android Apps for our students to help them in learning where we gave them 10000s of MCQs to practice, We are using general formats e.g. true/false, multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks. Now we are looking to add...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings, I have an existing LTI 1.1 app on the EduAppCenter which has been set up and published successfully.Currently, I am implementing LTI 1.3 in my application and also have been looking for documentation or steps to set up the LTI1.3 applicati...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Question - has anyone else tried to contact Canvas support directly recently? As the school's IT admin responsible for Canvas,  I was waiting for a response for a help ticket I opened one week ago and all I got is an automated response. What has been...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have many sections (15) in my course. I'd like to create groups that would be comprised of the different sections. So, one group would have sections 1-3, group two would have sections 4-6, and so on. I don't want to select individual students to pu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'll be happy with a reply that I'm doing this wrong, or just making it more complicated than necessary. Designing a page, I made a text box using a 1x1 table, and then I indented the whole table by adjusting the table properties to 95% width and Rig...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to differentiate between Assignment Comments (those that appear in the right sidebar, under the grade, on an assignment) and the information students add in the new Student Annotation features?  What I'm trying to get at is the relat...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All, I'm a newbie to this platform. I need your help to understand why even after having an admin role I cant see ant courses in my canvas page. My ultimate aim is to pull the data into powerBI using api. (Eg - All the courses, assignments, grades...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

2 questions: 1- is there any way to access question banks other than through the quizzes - add a question?  I do not have an 'Admin' button in my Canvas. 2- I am editing test questions, and one of the question banks will not allow me to edit the ques...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like Canvas to allow staff to leave a course instead of only allowing the creator to remove people.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to download copies of quiz that individual students took on my courses as I need exemplars for our external examiners (student with a high score/ mid score/ and low score) and there doesn't seem to be this facility.  Is there anyway around thi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone explored the possibility of adding important dates for the entire university to Canvas calendars? Things like add/drop deadlines, dates to register for graduation, etc. To the best of my knowledge Calendar is only utilized through course-s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am working on LTI1.3 tool, After completion of assignment sending grades from LTI to canvas platform but getting the error as a "{\"error\":\"invalid_request\",\"error_description\":\"the 'aud' is invalid\"} for https://_____.instructure.com/login/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Setting up a sandbox for teachers to use as we begin using canvas. What should they be enrolled as to get a complete picture of tools they will use when we are active in the fall? Teacher seems obvious, but wondering if designer is what they will be ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm not sure why this happened but we were given two hours to complete an exam and I finished after twenty minutes yet my output was still marked as late. I took the exam at the designated day and at the start of the designated time. Any idea why thi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm trying to embed Jsmol viewer (a program to view molecules in 3D) into my Canvas page.    I have tried using iframe but it comes up with an error that says the website refused to connect.  I also tried to embed it using the code (shown below) give...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am going to make my question as uncomplicated as possible, so here it goes. First, when I am setting up a new API developer key there is a check box "Test Cluster Only." In this article (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-add-a...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am looking for an educational quiz module to integrate into my pre-existing product so we can take advantage of all the engaging quiz features offered by another product and not have to rebuild these things ourselves.  Does Canvas' quiz module supp...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have discovered a Read Aloud option for test and quizzes on Canvas.  They must open it in Microsoft Edge.  They can right click and select the read aloud feature.  It will read the page, including the title and directions to the test or quiz. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've run into this problem recently where it seems like all the links to other content in my course are opening in a new window. They all seem to have the following attributes added to the link:   class="inline_disabled" target="_blank" rel="noopen...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, we are using Cidilabs and frequently add accordions. We often place sample documents in an accordion panel with Inline Preview expanded (not overlay). However, whenever we add more than one document, only the first document has the correct zoo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a course that the content was all pasted in from MS Word. When we view the html in canvas, we see '&nbbsp;' representing an extra space between most words. This results in canvas treating the line of words w/ nbsp as all one word and thus wra...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi! I'm working on a project where I'm sending Live Events (asset_accessed) to an AWS S3 bucket, and am sending those on to an endpoint where I work on them. I'd like to know how long it takes to conduct an event when an asset is accessed in Canvas L...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are in the midst of implementing Ellucian's Banner ILP 5 with Canvas and would like to make contact with any school that has customized the course title that is passed from ILP to Canvas.  Our course title format is used throughout our campus in m...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies