Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am teaching adult education for Northern Berkshire Adult Education.  We have moved from MCLA to North Adams School District.  I no longer have access to my MCLA account.  How do I reset my email and password?  My username is TimCase. in Canvas .  M...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible that Canvas does not allow parents to choose a student and just view that child's information without having to see all children? Seems like this is the case. Honestly seems like an easy fix. So my question why and can you fix it? This...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have SCORM resources that are being imported to Canvas with LTI v1.2.  The resources load fine for teachers and students, and students can resume in- progress work.  In the grading section, the auto- calculated grades will show correctly for the st...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible for an instructor to make a note in the grade book on a specific student's assignment? Not a comment for the student to see, but a note in the grade book for the teacher's future reference? Something like, "submitted to me via email" o...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can anyone clarify the necessity for using grading periods?  I am a Canvas Admin. Although we use limited terms (Fall, Spring, Summer, etc.), our courses all start and end at different dates - some fall courses start in August, others in late Septemb...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to log into canvas I am a Cerritos jr. college student I have been logging in for over a year now I tried to log in from another computer or on my phone and it wont allow me to do so I need help urgently

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have question backs that are duplicated and some triplicated. I spent about 3-4 hours last night deleting the duplicates. When I came in this morning, they were duplicated and some triplicated again. UGH!!!!! How can I keep this from happening?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I'm Asking please for some examples or business cases, in building Data as a strategicAsset for the banking sector. If you can help with maybe some of the latest practices.   My best regards. Joumana

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi HELP! I'm trying to add announcements to the school dashboard and in the "announcement commences" and "announcement ends" calendar when I select the dates ... I get NaNundefinedNaN?Any suggestions?Eileen 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all I was asked a question by a tutor asking when printing out the results for a learner using the new quiz (multi choice) they cannot see the learners name on top of the quiz when printing it out but it works when printing out in using the old qu...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, I need to implement some avanced procedure of 'students to course' enrollment. For instance - I need to get a user email and connect with the user to provide a welcome interview to clarify user intentions and only after the interview enroll a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created Office Hours using the Calendar/Scheduler function for my students to meet with me.  Unfortunately, after one meeting the students are unable to schedule additional appointments because they receive an error message. The error message state...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for instructors to disable course notifications that students receive for things that we change in the course, like files for example? I was recently updating and deleting some files in my course and a student received quite a few noti...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Even though instructors do not have their discussion settings set to manually mark discussion as read, the blue dots aren't disappearing after reading a post. We are using the redesign version - not sure if that has something to do with it? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are a K-12 school.  Our teachers have advisory responsibilities for a small group of students in which they must do period grade checks for all courses the students are in.  We were told that the best way to do this in Canvas was by making the tea...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My institution, Ithaca College, is making the transition to Canvas. We are attempting to be thoughtful in developing policies—for example, who should/not have access to what for what purposes. Suggestions of resources beyond Instructure's documentati...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the old RCE, we used the Custom JS File in the Canvas Theme Editor to add normal tinymce command to implement custom buttons to the Rich Content Editor. We added functions, such as Insert Embed Code without going into the HTML Edit View, A one cli...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello, I am designing covers for my notes and one has remained like this. It is how I like it, but when I print it on paper, some annoying squares appear around the image that cannot be seen on the computer. How can I solve it?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All, I may be going nuts, but I don't know how to conclude my course. I followed this guide, and after clicking on settings, there is no button for "Conclude this Course". The courses I'm trying to conclude have been done for almost a year now, so...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using New Quizzes and am confused by the information that is displayed in the Quiz and Item Analysis. Suppose I have 20 students that have completed a multiple-choice quiz. The report that I am seeing is showing the number of respondents from 1 ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been using Learning Mastery Gradebook but I found for some reason, a few averages are not appearing at the top of the outcome columns in the Learning Mastery Gradebook. I graded based on the rubric with the outcomes I imported but 1 or 2 avera...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I had students do a math homework quiz. After the assignment was due the students asked me to post the solutions on the quiz so I went in and edited the quiz and posted the solutions in the general comment sections for each question but they are not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been trying to figure out a problem I'm having in Canvas. I was told to click on a link and make a feature request which is not there, so I have here. The Grade Assignment Link in the To Do list opens Speed Grader in a new browser window. This c...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to save a pdf version of assignments with links intact?  I ask because I would like to have a backup of all of my course assignments when I retire.  As I have quite detailed assignments with helps in the form of documents, web links, v...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I wanted to use the same question multiple times but with different numbers, so  to save from re-typing (I thought) I used the question bank feature. But if I want to change a question in the bank, it changes the entire question rather than allowing ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is this possible? I have a 10 question quiz pulling from a question bank of 80 questions. I would like to allow multiple attempts, but on the questions that are selected for them - NOT another brand new 10 questions. I don't want to drain my quiz ban...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a teacher trying to integrate Flipgrid into his course however, we are getting this message. Any ideas on how to rectify this problem?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I do not have the option to browse more courses in Canvas or Sandbox. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a middle school math teacher beginning my journey into using mastery paths.  I have students completing a Check for Understanding (CFU) on a particular topic as a Quiz. Based on their score, they are given an assignment to remediate or enrich th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello guys,  When a student tries to access a teacher assigned Google Assignment (ie. Google Docs or Google Sheets) it says "You need access." All students in the class have access except one. When they click the Request access button it says Request...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies