Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi, We used to be able to download the recorded conferences, but now it won't let us download.  The last download we did there was no audio too. Even opening the recording on another browser audio is gone.  Did anything change?   Thanks!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good afternoon! We are having a bit of an issue with the "Add Entire Class" function with Microsoft Teams.  Students can be added individually to a Teams meeting (the courses have been synced with MS Teams). After selecting the "Add Entire Class" opt...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a course where Canvas is absolutely refusing to pass grades to IC for specific students. These students were added to the course after the due date of 3 assignments. The assignments are assigned to "Everyone," but I think the problem is that t...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a TA for several classes, alongside taking some as a student. My canvas To Do sidebar is constantly overrun with notifications to grade assignments which push actual class assignments out of view. They can of course be hidden, but as soon as ano...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am assuming there is not a direct way to see when an assignment was edited, like in pages, but I wanted to ask if there was a secret place like the "undelete" page. Sometimes, like today, I have an instructor that swears they didn't change an assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have a student this semester whose accommodations include being able to take breaks during exams. I am using the "classIc" quizzes, and I do not see a way that I can do this in the settings. Am I missing something? Also, I've asked the stude...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to Canvas is there a way to remove menu items from the Home page in a Blueprint template.  I don't want them simply hid I want to remove them so that even faculty don't see them. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to add simple video banners to several courses to liven up the pages. I'm trying to use the following HTML: <video autoplay loop muted width="100%" height="auto" src="https://www.launch2success.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Girl-Opening-Tent....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear folks, In the past when I was still working I logged into classes using my institution's URL for Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBL). Now that I'm retiredI need to change this to UC Retiree or possibly UC Alumni, or UCB Alumni. My old LB...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some times there is a button that says something to the effect: Make this the canvas assignments template and sometimes the button is not ther.   Please help!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need clarification please. I migrated a classic quiz to a new quiz. I thought that process automatically generated an item bank? Help! TIA Jeneen

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A question about item banks- When I look at my item bank, I have other teacher's item banks in mine. I teach science, and in my item bank are the math teacher's banks, the welding teacher's, etc. I don't want to see these. How is this happening, and ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, My name is Yvette Arenas and I am a high school student at IPoly High School. I registered for the SOC 1 class with Professor Katherine A. Lawson. When I logged in to Canvas I did not see the class on there. I emailed Professor Lawson regardin...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have made "assignments" for my starters on Canvas, but I do not grade them. I have checked the box that says "don't count towards the final grade," but they still show up in Gradebook. Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent this from happeni...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to edit the automatic email that is sent when a new user is created in Canvas?  Or can it be turned on/off globally? Currently it's just a very short email that's not very helpful: You are signed up for a canvas account at AN Institute...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am the Academic Dean at our school (6th-12th grade) and am responsible for the implementation of our faculty growth and evaluation program.  I am looking into a way to setup a course that I could use for this purpose (to collect documents, leave co...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Howdy, I am trying to view my class courses on canvas however nothing loads. This happens with every feature on canvas and don't know what the issue is as to why I can not view anything

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Several teachers that I support have found that while in the app, students can access navigation links that are hidden in their course. For example, the assignments tab is hidden in their course navigation but students can still access it in the app.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I am registered for AP US Government and Politics 2021-22 on Canvas, but since a little while ago, I have not been able to join the Canvas portal. Every time I try to log in, it says Access Denied. I asked my teacher what to do, but she said that...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HI, I have had a look through the fourms and can't find the answer to this. I have been trying to make a duplicate one of my new quizzes, following the instructions in this page https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-duplicate-a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All, I am just starting working with CanvasAPI. Using Pyhtnon and editor PyCharm CE. I am not a developer by any means by I am trying. I have this code which works. ( I have remove token and url). I can make a connection and my token works. # Impo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am testing live events and I am successfully receiving events for attachment_created and attachment_deleted. The attachment_updated event is also working when file name or content is updated. However, attachment_updated is not being fired when ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I login to the parent account, observer? I want to change notification settings and I have no idea how to do this.  My daughter sign's in to the district's site, and it is under her, not me.  I want to do this online via a computer and do not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Currently some of the Word Docs my students are uploading are not displaying correctly in Speedgrader (when I download them they are fine). For example, a grey part of the background is shown as being black in speedgrader, resulting in the text not b...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I receive a copy of what she was reading in the video for the Internship Evaluation?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to invite both my 3rd Grade and 4th Grade students for a BigBlueButton conference?  I am combining my live sessions for those grade levels and need to be able to have them all meet together for Science and Social Studies.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a 49 question assessment. When I preview it, you can see all 49 items. However when I go to the edit tab (because I wanted to cut it down to about 30 items), it only shows 45 items. Can someone please explain this??? The item numbers also d...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am writing my dissertation and want to use images of my own Canvas course.  For example, when I talk about submission type, I took a screen shot of that part of my assignment.  How do I attribute the image? Am I allowed to use such images?  Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies