Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi there, Is there a way to select all pages with one button so I can delete them? Right now I have to select every individual page and at the end I can delete all of them. The reason why I don't reset the whole course: Canvas is automaticly being fi...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This has been posted before but I'd like to re-open this topic for further discussion. I'd like to embed the Canvas Course Calendar specific to one course on said course's homepage. This seems like something that would be a no-brainer, but I have fou...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All, I'm looking for Gradebook API to hide or post grades for an Assignment. In the past Assignments mute/unmute worked well to hide or post grades for an Assignment.  

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

ipad grading comments are disabled why? I was able to comment of grades just a few weeks ago.

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I indicate correct quiz answers? While creating a multiple choice and true/false quiz, I have tried to indicate the "correct" answer for each question by hovering to the left of each answer option, but the green ghost arrow does not show up fo...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I remove an uploaded file if done inadvertently?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have created a quiz that allows for up to two attempts, with the kept score set as the average of all attempts. However, when I am viewing the quiz statistics, the quiz average appears to be 100%, even though I know that is not the case. I b...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

help! video takes way too long  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would love it if someone could tell me how to access my student id number

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It has been more than 24 hrs since the students have taken their exam and the data for ALL the questions are not all posted in the reports analysis. I am missing 4 questions on data. Anyone else have this issue with the new canvas quiz platform? Miss...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Currently, to "Reassign" an assignment, that assignment must be set to allow multiple submissions from students.  This becomes an issue because students can continually submit work that has already been accepted and graded.  The "reassign" function s...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi Team, I have set up Canvas on Bitnami Stack on AWS.  So to configure SSO, do we need to have a subscription with instrucure? Or can we register our own Enterprise App in Azure and configure it on our domain? for example canvas.ourdomain.edu.au    ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any plan for Canvas to permit embedding of images in messages sent through the Inbox?  For some of the courses I teach my students and I exchange a lot of screenshots in our emails, and it's really convenient to be able to discuss an image w...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a class where 44 students work in groups of 4-5. They have multiple assignments that require peer reviews and I want them done within their groups. It takes me 45 minutes for every assignment to manually assign the peer reviews - is there a wa...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to find out who the other students are in my collaboration. Where do I find that?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a custom canvas plug-in that uses LTI to submit URLs. The plug-in has been working great for 2.5 years and has gone through 100,000+ submissions by 100s of students.  However, since Sept 29 2021 (around 6 PM EST) the submission started faili...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I'm a 9th grade teacher, but my issue is germane for my students as well. My department and eventually my school are adopting standards based grading, but the information that's been shared with me feel extremely clunky in terms of inputting ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings, The score badge that appears on the dashboard button for the class I teach shows up as a lock symbol. My local tech support team can't determine what I've done to cause this. Any suggestions?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, Bringing an interesting topic to the table. Our institution is quite new to Canvas, and are figuring out a lot of things as we go. We have quite a few vendors that request API access and most go through the channels of setting up a developer key ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We seem to be experiencing some issues syncing grades to Canvas through the LTI1.3 connection, specifically with the MyOpenMath tool, but I am hearing reports in other places. 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good morning, I am trying to build a Weekly Lab Grading Rubric and under the Criteria I am putting the days of the week and under rating I am putting 5 different categories each worth 4 points. I want to be able to click on each one "IF" the students...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a faster way to import using the csv file when a student is missing an assignment just like you do for exclude? maybe put M and it would read it as missing and give the auto missing grade with red cell color?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I deleted an Attendance "Quiz" last week. I did an "Undelete" hack = Restore . . . Now, it's no longer in the list of "Deleted"  items, and it's not showing anywhere as Restored?       

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi community, A student can't seem to see the 'current groups' under the Canvas Groups tab, even though the student is enrolled to the course and assigned to a group. The student is also able to see the course and everything, the only issue is not be...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,  From my research I gather that one can only delete users using the SIS Import if they were added using the SIS Import.  We import our users via the rest api. Is there a way to batch delete users that have been added this way (or added manual...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I do not want students to see their overall grade. Some students have eyeball crossed out and others have no eyeball at all.  Can they see?  Why is that?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a custom canvas plug-in that uses LTI to submit URLs. The plug-in has been working great for 2.5 years and has gone through 100,000+ submissions by 100s of students.  However, since Sept 29 2021 (around 6 PM EST) the submission started failing...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to set notification preferences in Canvas (instructure) LMS using CURL. I can get all the preferences so the User and communication channel is fine. I can put some other data but not a new notification preference. Eventually I would like ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

While accessing a google LTI assignment today, my students and I received this message -

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies