Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am generating a question bank using a computer program that automatically creates a a question bank with a set of applied mathematical problems of the same kind, but with different numerical values for the problem variables. The idea behind this is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies

I am conducing a quiz, where students are given 1440 minutes (24 hours) to complete the quiz, in a time period of 4 days. I just noticed that several students have the exact same time remaining. On the right is a screenshot of a section of the Modera...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get into the assignments. I'm trying to work on the first part, so if you can let me know how to do this it would help thank you  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As far as I know, if you customize canvas, you have to release the source code according to AGPLv3.If I make an external app (LTI),1. Do I have to release all of my app's source code?2. If I were to release it, how far should I open it?3. Is there an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A teacher I'm working with would like to give a completely blank PDF for an assignment resubmission. They are finding that no matter what they do, the PDF will always come up completed for the students. I suggested reuploading the PDF with a differen...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a student assigned to a Group. We've made a discussion board to post about our group project, but I'm not getting notifications when people post. I do get notifications when people post to discussion boards in the class itself. It looks like the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On my iPad, Speedgrader progresses to the next unscored assignment. On my computer, Speedgrader progresses to the next student alphabetically whether there is a turned in assignment or not. It happens on my home Mac and my school Windows computer. Is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all and thank you for reading this question. Context:  I am giving a survey at the beginning of the term that presents a Likert survey followed by an essay. I am trying to provide 9 questions using the the following 5 possible responses: "Extre...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When using the functionality to include a document from Office365 (OneDrive) in a page, it does not give me an option to provide an inline preview of said document.This release document from 2016 seems to indicate that this should be possible, though...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It would be nice if we could import external calendars into  the Canvas calendar so that all the org calendar dates could be in one place. Google, Outlook and other calendars enable inputting a link to an external calendar. Moodle has this option. Se...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-23-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are really trying to automate all of our rostering in Canvas.  We have the API getting set up to roster students, classes, etc from Skyward.   We have a couple of use cases where we want to auto roster courses in Canvas that are NOT courses in Sky...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can an instructor export grades with due dates? I would like to extract grades with due dates and (when present) submission dates. Is that possible? I am an instructor.      

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If you set up a group set it won't allow you to manually set up a group of one person. However you can set up a group set and set the participants to 1 if you let the automatic set up do its thing. If students don't want to be in a group and you don'...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

using the Canvas APi - i need a Student Count in a Course. I dont want to traverse or get users back during this by making multiple page calls.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to prevent the Settings on the Home Page from resetting itself?  I'm referring to the list of Settings that appears on the left side.  I move some things in the Navigation settings from the top section down to the hidden section, hit...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can see that announcements are created as discussion topics.  They don't actually create a discussion so why a discussion topic?  Are they listed anywhere?   Regards, Kerrie

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My students completed a midterm (quiz), but afterwards I decided to change the grading. In the Canvas gradebook I manually added 2 points to every student's score, and then I went into the quiz and removed the points for two of the questions. Now all...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi All,    I looked at the web site and reached out to our Customer Success Manager and don't have an answer to the following: Can someone please respond:  We have been discussing the way we develop and release solutions on Canvas and might be intere...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our LTI 1.3 launch works fine. However, when our took attempts to get an access token, we're getting the following in the Canvas logs:         canvas_dev | Started POST "/login/oauth2/token" for 127.0.0.1 at 2021-05-20 23:56:01 +0000 canvas_dev |...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! We are setting up trainings for Faculty in our first Canvas launch, and I am periodically masquerading as instructors to make sure I understand what they have available to them in their view (so that I am not asking them to do something that o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Besides informing the student of submission expectations, what is the difference when choosing between these two options in Canvas? I can't find this information. The Canvas Guide (as usual) is way to basic.  The reason I have this question is I neve...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hello, as of two weeks ago there used to be a checkbox when editing a quiz that indicated that you would like the quiz to be included in SIS syncs. I forget the exact wording, but this seems to be missing now. Was this part of the May 17 update? If s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I recommend that students with two last names (non-hyphenated) in Canvas courses be listed in the roster according to their first last name and not their second last name when sorting by last name? This will make the Canvas listing of students li...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had some teachers, my high school world language teachers, that are rocking standards-based grading with Outcome/Learning Mastery. They wondered if they were any recent updates and developments to make outcomes in learning mastery better.  Do you h...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Following is a list of CSV files generated from our SIS: And I would like to confirm that they were imported to Canvas. Will any of these items under the 'Reports' tab provide that for me? Where else can I find this info, if not.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor using group assignments. I've been digging for hours and finding all kinds of wonderful information that almost answers my question.  When we have group sets in Canvas and assignments linked to "this is a group assignment" for gra...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have noticed recently emails sent in canvas have been appearing in the faculty journal. This is not normal behavior and we would like to know how to disable this function if possible.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi: I am wondering if it is possible to use base64 encoding for images when creating course pages. I am producing standalone HTML files + base64 encoded images that I would like to post as a course page after using the HTML Editor option in the RTE...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,  I want to create the users using CSV import where,  User needs to be enrolled in the appropriate courseUser needs to receive an automatic notification from Canvas advising they've been enrolled in a courseIt will allow users to create their p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI want to ditch the LMS part of BbK-12 and adopt canvas but a sticking point is grade cards, There appears to be no way for teachers to submit term grades to Bb's SIS to post grade cards someplace. We also need the data to go to transcripts in "Aca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies