Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Can two people log in as the same student at the same time from different devices? I think I have a student who is sitting in front of her test, while someone else completes it for her.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I OPEN CANVASNOTHING ON DASHBOARDCLICK ON COURSES ALL COURSES NOTHINGWHERE ARE THE COURSES WHERES THE LIST HOW CAN I SEE THE LIST I.T. IS SAYING I HAVE CANVAS SO WHERE ARE THE COURSES HOW CAN I IMPORT A COURSE WHERE IS THE COURSE LISTFRUSTRATION LEVE...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Differentiation of instruction in Canvas.  It would be really helpful if you could publish specific modules to specific students.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, I am wondering, after setting up a requirement, for example, 'mark as done' on specific pages, if I need to report on how many students have completed which pages, is there any data or a download available that shows how many students ha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am struggling to integrate Canvas with IMathAS using a developer key.When I access the assignment imported from IMathAS in Canvas, I encounter 2 types of errors.Invalid token errorrequest type: GETrequest URL: https://canvas.instructure.com/post_me...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi I have been asked if there is a way of sending a notification email to students and/or the student support officer that they have not logged in for a period of time? I know I could run the Last User Access report and extract the users details who ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to view 1 student's submissions in SpeedGrader without having to click in and then out of SpeedGrader? For example, a student who was on vacation got back to school and submitted 5 assignments that now have to be graded. As a teacher, ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When working with multiple sections of the same course, we created "course shells" within Canvas for each course and only gave access to the subject matter expert (who was not the same as the faculty/instructor). We only created one weekly Rise modul...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Feedback should be welcomed more than once!You've made it frustrating for new users!I never fit in the selected categories and you don't have an ''other '' option. Stinks.It's my centerfold ''turn off'' TOTALLY.MY OTHER COMMENTS DON'T HAVE AN EASY LI...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an Instructional Designer and Canvas Admin at a College. We just enabled SSO through MS Azure/Entra, and the /login/canvas "Backdoor Login" remains. I like that for admins, but is there a way to restrict which users can sign into [domain].instru...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can you integrate ChatGPT to our courses on Canvas? Thank you G.Guillermin Head of School Ofalycee,Inc. gguillermin@ofalycee.org

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I opened my module this morning in preparation for a Zoom with my ESL students. In checking one of the New Quizzes, I found that there were little arrows next to some of the correct answers in multiple choice questions. I checked "Preview" and found ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When scrolling gradebooks (either vertically or horiztonally) the scrolling line is extremely hard (almost razor thin) to grab when trying to quickly scroll.  Multiple teachers in our district have noted this over the past few weeks and I'm wondering...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

With the Microsoft Teams sync feature, all our students are added to a Teams course with the role of member rather than student. We have other products that integrate with Microsoft Teams but as a K12 school, they expect the school to be a Microsoft ...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a number of course for which I need to export or otherwise download the assignment brief pages (the descriptions of the assignments, NOT the submitted student assignments). How can I do this ? I'd like them to be saved in some human-readable, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My file in the IHEED program was deleted. This happened after uploading many documents and two years of effort. The submitted cases were approved and obtained a high score. After that, the program was deleted. herefore, request that the files, grades...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

beore a class starts will will i get a notification prior to it starting

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are currently using Canvas quizzes school wide.  A teacher creates a quiz using Canvas New Quizzes, and adds a video (or two videos) as a stimulus with questions following each stimulus.  The problem is that students cheat by getting the answers f...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Did the size of the scroll bar at the bottom change, or did I do somerthing??  It's so tiny that I cannnot grab it most of the time.  It's becoming very frustrating.  I've zoomed in and out. No luck.  This seemed to happen about a week ago or so. I a...

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I'd like to add my vote that Canvas create a sortable rubric. We all know how tedious it is to create a rubric, realize you left out a criterion half way through, and have to start over! 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone, Is there a way I can create a cvs file that has random numbers for variables a, b, c, and d? These numbers are then used in create other numbers A, B , and C. Then create the question: Solve `A`x^2 + `B`x + `C` =0. A = a*c B = b*c + a*d ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Buenas tardes Comunidad Tengo una pregunta acerca de los cursos maestros y me encuentro por medio del API revisando la relacion entre los cursos maestro y los productivos 1. como se diferencia en la creacion un curso maestro? parametros? 2. como es l...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

with an override column enabled, can I import a csv to enter data into the override column?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was awarding badges manually for the first time. Under a participant's name, there was a green button, "Award Badge." I clicked the button, and Canvas gave the badge to someone else. Apparently, the "Award Badge" button under the name is not the pe...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When an announcement is created in canvas and an instructor embeds a video into it, the students who receive an email about the announcement can not see the video in the email (there is not even a desciption or brackets of some sort to even show ther...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to add multiple correct answers in a fill-in-the blanks question?I am new to Canvas and would highly appreciate the help of someone. I clicked the option "NEW QUIZ" to create my quiz. I am trying to create a fill-in-the-blanks question with multi...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor who uses Canvas, but have recently enrolled in classes at the same university. How do I switch back and forth from using Canvas as an instructor and Canvas as a student? Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a student who seems to get a blue icon displaying next to some of the courses they are enrolled in. They do not appear to have any missing assignments but these blue dots display in the dashboard. Is there a way to remove them or hide them?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For some reason the normal sized scroll bars have become very skinny on my CANVAS LMS on the grades menu.  The other menus - modules, etc seem to have the normal widthness scroll bars.  I am not sure if this is a setting and I accidently hit some but...

• 4 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Dear Community I want to know how to enable - Parnet Apps - QR Code Login I can't find in my Admin menu Thank you.

Channel Partner
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies