Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Good night community!Every time I register a question bank it is saved as a favorite. I would like to disable this function so that it only shows the banks of the course in which you are registering the task.In advance, I thank everyone for their par...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello community, it is a pleasure to greet you, I am looking for a way to be able to take the notes of all the tasks of the canvas courses through the API, what we were able to do is take the Final Score. From already thank you very much

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,      Canvas seems to be reproducing past email messages I have sent to past course sections and re-sending them to current course sections. I am not totally sure if the reproduced messages are only hitting my inbox or are also going to student...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey, friends. So as I as debugging my JavaScript in Chrome DevTools, I found that my code isn't running because the DOM isn't fully loading. Apparently a file called "proxy.js" is throwing a couple fatal errors, as well as "webpack-production/main-en...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been trying to reorder my course navigation menu following the drag and drop instructions in the instructors guide. After I reorder and click save, the menu just reverts to the default.  Is there another setting somewhere that allows the reord...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey Community,I am currently working on a synchronisation of my own database, in which I make use of Canvas Data 2.Right now I am fetching their data, mapping their models to my models and filling my database with it. This is currently a migration of...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our Microsoft SSO with Canvas has simply stopped working and we now get an error message. We've deleted all instances of it in Microsoft and Canvas and followed both help guides but still no ball. An hour with Microsoft Tech support has not got us an...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was 10-15 minutes into a quiz with no other windows open on the laptop. I had until 11:59pm to have the quiz submitted and it was only 11:28pm. The quiz auto submitted while I was on question 9. Has anyone had this happen to them before?? Can I hav...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In each  module created by my teacher, there is an activity to do, with about 10 questions.  This is more or less, a mini quiz that helps prepare us for the tests/exams. When you answer it incorrectly, it gives you chances until you get it right. How...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon, everyone,I wanted to know how to set up my virtual campus to send students a reminder email indicating that there's an assignment due at a specific time, either 24 hours in advance or even activate it at 12 AM. Thank you very much in ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I don't know who needs to know this, but I just spent 6 hours figuring it out so someone might.  When you are importing a QTI zip file into a New Quizzes item bank Multiple choice questions will not import unless rcardinality="Single" is present in t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there!! I'm having issues to remove the subscription of a couple of students who by x, y reason had to dropt. In the pass I was able to perform the action of suspend subscription but no any more. Any ideas or work around to fix it? Thanks! Andrea

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the latest progress on incorporating the Rich Text Editor in messages or course emails?Our institution primarily communicates via Canvas messages and email. We need more formatting options when sending messages to students. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have one student in course that is being shown warning "Five Minutes Left Before Quiz Will Be Marked Late". The quizzes are not timed.    The student is starting the quizzes well before the due date/time The message is consistently appearing in all...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our state passed a law that requires all school personnel communication to include a parent/guardian. This is to avoid one-on-one electronic communication between a teacher and student.    At our school, we are working on troubleshooting the communic...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have taken several live trainings on Canvas, however when I viewed my live training calendar this morning, there were no courses listed. I signed up for 2 today and they are no longer listed. The calendar is blank. Before I was able to view all the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to create a cumulative matching vocabulary quiz in Canvas.  Example:  week 1's quiz contains 5 vocabulary terms that must be matched with the correct definition; week 2's quiz contains 5 new terms plus the 5 terms from week 1, with all 1...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have manually graded a few questions in a new quiz. At the bottom of the speed grader for each student, it shows the correct number of points awarded. But in the gradebook and at the top of the speed grader, it shows the original points awarded. Th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I monitor what I have sent from my published courses in Canvas?Thanks 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to build a quiz using New quizzes.  I am hoping to have a set of words and definitions that students will match up.   In doing so, I would like to use the same list of definitions for all words, yet when one definition is used as an a...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know how to create a quiz where the students see one question at a time. But is it possible to set a timer for each question - so that after that amount of time the next question pops up automatically? I am trying to prevent students from trying to...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone,I was wondering if anyone can share their experience whether KICA assessment framework ( Knoweledge and understanding, Inquiry, communication and Application)  can be implemented in Canvas.  How can one assignment incorporate these ski...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our teachers want to apply late policy by assignment category.  We have usually 3 categories but they do not want a late piolicy on all categories.  Example: Major category - no late policyMinor category - 10 points per dayOther category - 10 points ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have outcomes for my course created, and they all show in the "Outcomes" page.  I can add outcomes to rubrics without trouble.  But, when I try to align a quiz question with an outcome, not all of the outcomes are listed as options for alignment (m...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have published an assignment but the student access page shows that it is denied accessHow can we fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a final assessment quiz of 15 questions that pulls questions from various groups. Canvas will not download statistics for all of the questions but only a version of the quiz.I have read it is not possible to get the statistics for all the que...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

For Assessment and Accreditation purposes we would like to pull aggregated data about student performance on standardized rubrics.I discovered the rubric score exporter from the University of Colorado - Boulder, however, it really only works on one a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With many students and having multiple sections at different times, I am looking for an option to release the class notes and other files after teaching each section individually on Canvas pages. This is necessary because the handouts sometimes inclu...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When in pages, inserting an image only has "upload image" or "user images" as options. How do I get "course images" as a choice? When uploading an image, they have been automatically saving to my user files instead of the course files as wel.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The assignments in my Canvas courses do not seem to be in any particular order. Is there a way to arrange them in alphabetical order in a mass fashion other than dragging them one by one?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies