cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kate_hill
Community Contributor

Training for Faculty/Adjuncts

I am the Canvas Admin/Online Learning Director/Instructional Designer at a small, private college. We have just adopted Canvas and faculty/adjuncts love it! What I need now is training over the summer for my faculty/staff. We don't necessarily want to pay big bucks for the pre-packaged solutions, and I can do the training on my own. What I would like to know is what kinds of ideas/strategies have you implemented to train your instructors?

149 Replies
olson_j
Community Participant

I trust I will acquire your same enthusiasm.....

DaleDrees
Community Champion

Has a nice ring, Canvas For Life!

kedgecomb
Community Champion

Kate,

When we started up, we had  different workshops on different topics.  For example, one workshop focused solely on Quizzes.  While others focused on SpeedGrader/Assignments, Inbox/Discussions, etc.  I think it helped by breaking the training into different pieces.  I think faculty were less overwhelmed that way!  After everyone got acclimated, I now send out emails when major updates take place in Canvas.  Once the faculty were initially trained, they are not prone to attend additional workshops.  Therefore, I send out the emails for the ones who want to be updated!

heidi1
Community Contributor

Kate,

Can you send me the link as well?

Thanks,

Heidi

kate_hill
Community Contributor

Hi Heidi,

I'm not sure which link you're referring to. If you go through the discussion, there are TONS of links and resources. I think "Page 5" of this discussion has some of the most helpful, so maybe navigate there, and see what you can find.

Hope that helps!

Kate

kate_hill
Community Contributor

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

You have all been fantastic, and I'm so thankful for all of the great resources and links!!!

MG458913
Community Participant

Hi Renee,

Would you be able to send me a link.  I am working on an instructor Orientation course and would like to see how you have it set up.

Thanks

MG458913
Community Participant

Hi  @G_Petruzella ​

Is it possible to get an import of the OTC course?

Marci

Hi Marci -

Sure thing! It may be easiest to find it in Canvas Commons, by searching for OTC. Let me know if it'd be easier for you to have the *.imscc, though, and I'll be happy to make that available.

thomast
Community Participant

Hi Gerol,

Yes, it would be helpful to have access to the *.imscc

Thank you!