Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

MEET THE COMMUNITY TEAM (instcon15)

Instcon15 HOME.png

Community Button.png

20 POINTS

GET TO KNOW US, EARN A BADGE!

The success of a Broadway musical isn't solely dependent on those performers on stage, but the magicians behind-the-scenes, too. In other words, your Canvas Community Team is the backstage crew who make your community spectacular-spectacular.

If you see them wandering around InstructureCon signing autographs chatting up the Canvas Community, be sure to say hello and get to know them. They may not sing and dance, but when it comes to getting your best performance, they certainly can help you set the stage.

MEET THE CANVAS COMMUNITY MANAGERS:

Scott.png

scottd@instructure.com

Biray.png

biray@instructure.com

Jordan.png

Deactivated user​

me.jpeg

rcarney@instructure.com

HOW DO I GET THAT DIGITAL BADGE??

1. Find one of us and introduce yourself!
  2. Ask us a question. (We'll answer anything.)
  3. (OPTIONAL) Take a selfie! We're always ready for our close-up (and earn an extra 10 points)
  4. Scroll to the bottom of this doc and click/tap "Add a comment"
  5. Mention which community manager you met! Use the "@" symbol plus our name in the mention.
  6. Post your question and the answer (and, if applicable, include your selfie).

Here's a guide if you need help.

NOTE: This badge will be automatically awarded upon successful completion. If you do not see it in your profile immediately, please follow these steps.)

Photos can be added via mobile device, but you may need to use landscape mode in order to see the "Add Image" icon.

NOTE: Remember you must be logged in to the Community in order to add a comment.

93 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I asked Renee Carney why she chose to work for Canvas. She shared that she needed a change and challenge from her current job. She was very nice as I interrupted her during Hack Night. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Surveyor

Selfies with all four Community Managers!  EPIC Smiley Happy

S1.JPGS3.JPG S2.JPG

They all answered every question so nicely!

Highlighted
Community Member

I asked scottd@instructure.com​ about the start of Insturcture and what it is like to work there.  He told me about how he joined the company and what it is like to work there.  I am honored to meet him20150617_202211.jpg

Highlighted
Surveyor

image.jpg

"What is a Canvasadora?" Users of canvas that are seen as awesome that go to Ed Tech conferences are are at the Canvas booth that is a walking advertisement and ambassador of Canvas. I would LOVE that job. rcarney@instructure.com

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I met rcarney@instructure.com!

My question was "Why pandas?" Pandas were well loved by one of the founders when Canvas first started. There even a stuffed panda that acted as the receptionist -- complete with recorded messages. The panda just stuck around. Check out I Heart Pandas!!

Highlighted
Community Member

I met Renee Carney at Course Hack Night. I asked her what her favorite video game was. At first she hesitated....but with a little prompting she admitted being totally into Candy Crush Soda. Hee Hee! (Shh....I am too!)

Me and Renee Carney.jpg

Highlighted
Community Member

I found all 4 Community Managers at hack night, but took a selfie with biray@instructure.com​ and rcarney@instructure.com​!  They were all so nice.  I asked Biray and Renee what hack night is all about, and they explained it to me.  It's a great time to collaborate with others and share ideas.  I am having such a great time at my first instcon​.  scottd@instructure.com even recognized me from pics I posted to the album.  How cool is that?!?!  Thanks for being so awesome everyone!20150617_205229.jpg

Highlighted
Community Member

That would be fun!  Thanks for asking that, I was wondering too!

Highlighted
Community Member

I had the chance to meet d00028799kona@richland.edud00028799scottd@instructure.comd00028799Deactivated userd00028799 at my first Hack Night.  What an amazing supportive group of people.  I asked scottd@instructure.com what he enjoys most about working at Instructure.  He said that he loves how the company encourages the growth of its employees.  This is a motivating and exciting environment to work in.  Woodstock is super excited to work with such a great organization! 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Highlighted
Learner II

I meet with Renee. She was very helpful as we met at Hack Night. She not only answered my question, but also taught me about the secret selfie.

My question for her was, if you had a super power, what would it be? Her response was, being able to fly. I can't mock the choice , that was my choice when the same question was posed to me.

20150617_192300.jpg