Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do you make a video and upload it to your students?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My course is published, the students can see their modules and some content, but assignments, quizzes and conferences are and other tabs are still blocked from view.  There doesn't seem to be a setting to change just for this.  I've tried adding some...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,A teacher had created an assignment with a file upload submission. One student submission shows up as the original pdf (no markups), but she can see his markups after she downloads his submission. I noticed his was a pdf, but the other students' w...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i give certain students extra time on their quiz

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can hide my students so that students/parents cannot see who else is in my class?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm adapting to moving my classes online.  Here's what I'd like to be able to do: Hold "office hours" in one course in Chat (in lieu of the pre-COVID19 meatworld class meeting) while at the same time working on stuff for another course (really, a...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I reorder announcements in the "Announcements" section?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Idiotic question of the day...I put tremendous effort into writing quizzes for my students.Then I discovered Question Banks!Had I written the questions in the question bank first, then created the quizzes, no problem."Untitled Question Bank" has impo...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am setting up my first module on Canvas.  I am trying to publish it.  It says I need to complete the registration in the email but I can not find an email.  What do I need to do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I write multiple choice/multiple answer quiz questions where the answers are mathematical formula using the equation editor in the rich content editor.  The options show up nicely in the quiz, but don't display in the quiz statistics.  (See attached ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a student of Mrs Moore Language Arts.  I need to take Q3 Post Assessment Quiz.  It will not load.  How do I do this quiz?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As someone who knows little (if anything) about coding, can I request an OAuth2 Client Id? We also are using a FTT version of Canvas. Can I still access this?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a faculty member that is trying to have a group discussion where each group is working on a different project but she wants each group to be able to share their project with ALL groups and be able to comment on ALL group's projects.  I cannot ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

An instructor reached out to me with these questions.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.For quizzes of more than 25 questions, the classic question bank is not automatically recording all the questions in the "Unfiled" section. There is also iss...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I take an existing document (see attached) and make it a fill-able document that kids can type their answers on and submit to be graded?  I am finding that when they type answers, it messes up the worksheets.  Is there a way to keep the works...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am looking for away to give a Calculus exam in Canvas next week and I have no idea how to do this in Canvas. I use Webassign for their homework but Webassign only has a lockdown browser. Any ideas or suggestions?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I currently have two modules set up (one is not available until next Monday, 3/30).  On my homepage, I have a link to the first module, which is a perquisite for the next one.  For students who have completed the first module, on Monday, will it auto...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have enabled the 'New Analytics' feature in my courses to view who has viewed and accessed resources and notifications.  But the data is only displaying up to 15th Jan 20.  How can I get the analytics to display anything past this date?  Now that w...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I create docs and powerpoints in Office 365. Then I put them on Canvas. If my students have a Mac computer or do not have Microsoft Office, can they open the docs? Do they need to down load something like Open Office to do this?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I enable my students to see discussions? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiDoes anybody know if it is possible to get overall statistics on usage of a Blackboard Collaborate integration with Canvas? I know individual reports can be got from sessions but I am looking for stats on overall usage.ThanksTony

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So aparentar i'm to submit things for my classes for English, Digital Media & IPC (for Memorial High) but I don't see the "Submit Assignment" box (on Mac)... What do I do?- Ale

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a tech working from home with professors through this chaos of the coronavirus. A professor is having trouble with the Lauch Live Room section of his canvas course. When he goes to click Lauch Live Room he gets the error code "lti error 442" or s...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Since I, like many of you, am trying to find ways for students to engage with each other a-synchronously, I am looking into using "peer review" for assignments. However, I would like peers reviewing an assignment to be able to see what other peers ha...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, any way I can see how many student users have viewed a document I put in a Module?  In this case, I have put a PowerPoint up and want to know how many students have actually looked at it, and opened it.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once an assignment is posted does the student have the option of posting their answers or attaching their work to that assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students show they have logged in to class(attendance)

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I upload a video to Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How to move group of files from one course to the next

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach 2 sections of Math 1.  They will have the exact same announcements.  Is there any way to combine both sections in Canvas so that I only have to do one announcement everyday (instead of one announcement in Section 1 and the exact same announce...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies