Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can we review previous Q&A sessions online? I have entered the 9 digit meeting code and get the message the meeting has expired. These are the most informative! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a page?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I record my voice and put it into an Assignment for my students?  They are special needs and require more guidance.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am logging in to my course, and have contacted the professor.  Nothing in showing up in my announcements, discussions, assignments, Syllabus, etc.... Is there any certain browser I need to use, or what may be the issue?  I really appreciate any sup...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a large literature class. I would like them to submit a draft of their paper and then have another student peer review it. How do I do this via Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get to the exit slip to get credit for my courses? I mark the "done" icon, but it doesn't take me to anything else. I find Canvas difficult to navigate.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My teacher says he has attached pictures to an email, but I do not see any attachments. Is there somewhere I need to look for attachments to an email message? Here is what I am seeing.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,A co-worker just told me there is a way to create a master list of all my classes so it is easier to keep track of my students? I tried finding it in the guides but I must have missed it 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a due date to an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the Canvas grade book to manually input grades after I graded and commented on a paper copy. Now that I must teach online, I don't understand how to get the "graded" paper to the student with the comments I made on it in the Doc viewer.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not really a questions but more a need: When I am in Canvas creating a table or just typing on a page and I need to copy and paste a section elsewhere and if I hit the backspace button by accident or delete the highlighted info, there is no way for m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I generated a multiple choice test in Canvas and all correct answers appear as duplicates. For example, if the answer is C, possible answers are: A, B, C, C, D. What can I do to resolve this problem?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our campus is currently using multiple web conferencing platforms to hold synchronous classes during the COVID-19 pandemic (Canvas Conferences, WebEx, MsTeams). We would love to hear from anyone who has a premium subscription to Conferences (i.e. - B...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello, I am trying to make a quiz.  I have all the questions entered I want to use and the formats I want to use for each question.  The problem I am having is with the multiple fill in the blank question.  The instructions say I have to show where I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I do not understand why when I send an email to ALL in a course it never goes to the instructor.  This is a maddeningly hateful feature of Canvas.  Please someone explain it to me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hi all,I'm wondering if anyone is in the same situation as myself. My first day at a new position as an Intensive Learning Support Instructor was last Monday, March 16 (I know, right? What timing!!!) My school uses Canvas normally and now we are goin...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

join code any body know?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I reset the grades to zero for the 4th quarter? The grades that are showing are the averages that carried over for the students for the whole school year. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a lecturer looking to have online discussions with individual students.  Is it possible to do this in Canvas?Regards, Kerrie.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just created a new 10 point assignment and published it.  Why is ther no new column in the Gradebook?  I thought it is supposed to automatically create a grade column?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My students have concluded an exam.  I want them to be able to view their corrected exams.  What do I need to do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just posted the "student Canvas tutorial" into my modules yesterday.is there any other place besides the modules to post this tutorial video so students are able to see it every day? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am an Administrative Assistant At the University of Kentucky.  i need to load a pdf into a module, and be able to have the assigned user make additions and selections on the pdf.  What is the best way to accomplish this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In one class, all of the grades I enter are going into Q3 gradebook. In my other class that has the same settings (that I can see), none of the grades are in the grade book. None of them are transferring to PowerSchool either even thought I have impo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an instructor who is not technologically savvy and he going to use Conferences to deliver his lecture, what other solutions do you all recommend?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Now that we are online for teaching student I need to make a bunch of quizzes quickly.Can I upload a word doc and have canvas make it into a quiz? I need something that is going to reduce the time.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It is taking too long to get support agents. I leave the window open while I'm doing something else and turn it off after 15 minutes. There's not even an estimated wait time provided.Edit, 3/30: And now Canvas, on a Monday morning, is running slow or...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 15 Replies

In the content section the assignaments are not visible for my students. ¿Is there any way to change it to visible for my students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I see the other students that I teach in my co teacher's classroom?  What can I do to be able to see the names of the students in her class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a problem with enrolling in the class. When my teacher has sent a URL for me to join, I was able to join the first time but when I relog, the course didn't appear in the dashboard. I have checked the course tab but it also not there.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies