Canvas Ideas

Ideas are submissions from Community users. Instructure reviews these ideas weekly. Relevant ideas are mapped to themes. Community users vote on themes biannually to help prioritize themes.

To participate in Ideas and Themes, please sign in to the Community.

Note: You must be logged in and have at least the Community Member rank to submit a new idea. Any Community user can comment and vote on active Themes. Learn more about how to rank up in the Community.

Filter Idea Conversations:

81 Ideas in: Completed

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Currently, Classic quizzes can be exported as a QTI. New quizzes cannot. We could use this functionality.

Community Member Canvas Ideas
  • 9 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS For any native Canvas assignment, when a rubric is added, students can automatically see the rubric right below the assignment details. Howeve...

Community Champion Canvas Ideas
  • 8 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Knowmia and YouTube players have an option to display the transcript within the player. I know Canvas Studio has a downloadable srt file that can...

Community Explorer Canvas Ideas
  • 4 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas There are videos I'd like to embed on a page multiple times. I'd like the video to start at a specific times so the student's don't have to find ...

• 4 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas There is currently only one option to generate a Canvas Catalog Revenue Report: export a report including all transactions across all time. In mo...

• 5 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas When a page already has a course link but you want to change it to another course link, you currently have to highlight the word, remove the link...

Community Participant Canvas Ideas
  • 9 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas I'm a Transcription Co-ordinator. We support print-disabled students by providing them with alternative formats of course materials. We've been c...

• 6 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas When embedding Studio media via the RCE, the default settings are that commenting is toggled on and downloading is toggled off. I feel there shou...

• 7 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas From the home page/module view, instructors should be able to access SpeedGrader directly in the 3-dot menu for each assignment. Currently, to ac...

• 7 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas I would appreciate an easy way to insert equilibrium arrows for chemistry in the equation editor. I know there is a workaround using \rightleftha...

• 2 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Currently, there is no built in/supported features with new quizzes that allows us to export the "Outcomes Analysis" or to have outcomes aligned ...

• 6 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas It would be great to be able to copy and paste a photo from the snipping tool or any other photo option directly into the RCE

• 6 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas The new quizzes feature needs to have faster responses for the quiz and item analysis tool.  In the classic version, it computes in live time whi...

Community Novice Canvas Ideas
  • 38 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Sorting students by first name in the gradebook would be an extremely useful feature. Thanks.

• 27 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas When grading I can type in "EX" and Canvas automatically gives it a "Excused" status. Why can't I do this for assignments deserving a "Missing" s...

• 27 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Closed Caption for Canvas Studio needs to be enabled and utilized by default. If I want to opt-out of CC then I should be able to click it and op...

• 15 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas As it currently stands the only way to resize an embedded Studio video on a page is to go through the Html editor.  This is not an easy task for ...

• 7 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS Add the ability to grade Google Doc Assignment in Canvas speed grader using rubrics. There is not an option to add a rubric when using the ext...

• 5 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Chemistry teachers would love to have their students create and submit their chemical equations within the Canvas environment but the equation ed...

• 2 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas With classes going online, it has been incredibly helpful to watch and rewatch lectures on my own time. However, especially in my current class, ...

Community Novice Canvas Ideas
  • 23 Replies