Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

The official Instructure statement is that Canvas is supported on all major browsers.However, when I open SpeedGrader in Firefox... I get a little pop-up warning saying (something to the effect), "Crocodoc has a problem playing nicely with Firefox. S...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Undated events from the previous semester were carried over to my new fall Canvas site when I imported course content from last spring. I deleted these events from the calendar, but they still appear in the syllabus list and on the calendar's side me...

• 16 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Greetings!Just wanted to say first thank you all very much for a very well made platform and great help content! you all are awesome!My question is: When I make an "Assignment" I have the "Display Grade as" option, in which I can choose to display th...

• 9 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a place I can get access to the native Canvas icons in graphic format? - I've already found the discussions in instructions on using the  anchor class to call the icons, but that it a limited use case.   I'm developing a series of icons/ but...

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,          Despite in Canvas Documentation says that "Delete a user" process cannot be undone (How do I delete a user from an account?) , we have the situation where a user was deleted but when an application tried to create it again with the s...

• 9 Likes
  • 17 Replies

How do you shut off the "Course Stream" so it is not visible to students.  It misleads them.  None of your guides indicate how to do it.Frank Hatstat, JD, MBA

• 6 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I am developing a course using canvas that involves the study of HTML.I wish to display the elements of the form tag. I notice that canvas doesn't render these form element tags in a content page.For example, I wish to render an example of a textarea...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

With this statement that just came out today from LeRoy Rooker, what will be Instructure’s take on this interpretation of FERPA?  What will your institution's take be on this interpretation?Ask the FERPA Professor| resources| AACRAOEssentially, LeRoy...

• 96 Likes
  • 163 Replies

Has anyone been involved with a SF / Canvas integration - if so what were the key drivers & benefits?

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Is there a setting or CSS hack to have all replies in a discussion collapsed when a user enters the page so they can focus on the individual top-level threads?I found an old comment in the feature request to improve the discussion layout that mention...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 11 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Quick question, is it currently possible to give 100% credit to a question for 3 of the possible answers (let's call them A, B, C) out of 4? I know you can use regrade to give full credit for 2 possible answers, and there is an option to give everyon...

• 15 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone know how to get an image on a canvas page become a pop up so that full detail can be seene.g for thisI know there is at feature idea at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5197 but i need a solution now if possible

• 16 Likes
  • 18 Replies

Is there a global setting that can be applied to special student profile that extends quiz time instead of manually editing each quiz for student ? I have a student with special needs who requires additional time for quizzes.Instead of manually exte...

• 7 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying to create a quiz for an assignment where I will accept any answer. This is my way of making an assignment a completions grade. Is this possible? If not, is there any other way to get this done?  Thanks for your help.

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a class in Canvas's CSS for screen reader only text? There are instances where my course would be more accessible if I could add text that would only display for screen readers. WebAIM describes this well in their document "Invisible Content...

• 18 Likes
  • 14 Replies

So, this is a new one for me.  I have several faculty who want an Assignment group for Quizzes that is weighted (they want to apply some rules).  Within that group that have about 45 quizzes.  The quizzes all have different # of questions, BUT they w...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

The blog post Looking Up Values in Formula Questions mentions the functions reverse, sort, and at that can be used when creating formula questions. This is the only reference to the use of functions in Formula Questions that I can find anywhere. Is t...

• 8 Likes
  • 19 Replies

HelloI am wondering how I can password protect an assignment the way I would a quiz? We have quiz items that are delivered to us and graded via an LTI external tool from a vendor. As a result, all of the items are considered assignments with an exter...

• 6 Likes
  • 11 Replies

How do I give one student an extended time limit on an online quiz on Canvas (due to special needs accommodation).  For example, I have weekly quizzes set for 60 minute time limits, but I have a student who has an accommodation need for double time. ...

• 6 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I offer self paced licensing courses where we need to collect tuition when someone registers. I currently use WooCommerce/Authorize.net for payment which creates accounts in Podio (My customer management system) and handle registrations/accounts insi...

• 9 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Is there a feature in Canvas that allows me to create a poll?

• 8 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there any way to remove the icons that mark links to external sites?

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I would like to give my final exam inside Canvas (as a quiz), and then download all of my students' answers on the final (my school administrators want a copy in case a parent has a question/concern about a student's exam over the summer). Is this po...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi All,Does anyone know how to display analytics JUST for discussion  boards? One of our instructors want to see something like this....Thanks,Tracie

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to have the Redirect Tool auto open a link in a new tab instead of opening a page withing Canvas prompting a user to open the link in a new tab?ThanksBrad

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 12 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hello to all,          We have an integration between a system A and Canvas and we're obtaining the necessary information through Canvas APIs.          This question is because we're having some troubles with enrollments start and end dates (start_at...

• 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

We have a homepage that runs our "homegrown SIS."  We prefer the option to have our SSO go directly to the course dashboard instead of the main dashboard.  Can this be done?  Our coding company has been trying to work around this, but it does not see...

• 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Our teachers are using the iOS app to grade assignments. Those that have been using the app for a few months are now receiving an error message on their iPad stating storage is nearly full.When we check settings - storage and usage - Speed Grader is ...

• 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I forgot to add a single file when submitting some work into a submission box, and now that I realized it I am not sure whether or not the file will take the place of the other files I already submitted into the same dropbox. I don't have access to t...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

It would be awesome if tests made in quizlet could be uploaded to canvas quizzes. On quizlet you click a button and it automatically creates a test of your material. I would love to have that functionality on canvas. As far as I can tell quizlet can'...

• 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies