Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have a free teacher account where I have students in one Canvas shell for my M/W classes and students in another Canvas shell for my T/R classes. For some reason, I have some (not all) students in my M/W classes seeing the assignments for the T/R c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I extend the number of attempts a student can take on a quiz

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I mute Assignment Comments in SpeedGrader?I give comments on ungraded assignments using SpeedGrader. Last year I was able to mute an assignment in SpeedGrader, upload my comments at my own pace, and then unmute the assignment so all the comme...

• 3 Likes
  • 13 Replies

The Attendance feature seems to have disappeared.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. For some odd reason I can't see my courses on the Canvas Dashboard. It is blank, I've tried messing with settings.. Anyone know how I fix this problem?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After I set up groups in the "people" portion of canvas, how can I see them in a pull down menu in the grades portion of Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a quiz for my students. It was set to no time limit. Can take it as many times as you want. Highest score is kept. When I export the grades to excel sheet, some students who took quiz multiple times, are not having their highest score expor...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload a article to canvas for students to access?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to display the analytics for observees to the observers. On the observers page >```/profile/observees/ ```  in order to do so the api calls that I would need to call are:```//api/v1/users/self/ --to get the user id/api/v1/users/:user_id/observ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is a class that I am not enrolled in that is showing up on my dashboard.  How do I go about in removing it or who would I need to contact to get this situation fixed? Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to display the analytics for observees to the observers. On the observers page >```/profile/observees/ ```  in order to do so the api calls that I would need to call are:```//api/v1/users/self/ --to get the user id/api/v1/users/:user_id/observ...

• 2 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Edit from previous post....Canvas will open in XP but the Dashboard will not open.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the online coordinator and responsible for monitoring student activity under several other instructors. I need to see the date student submitted assignments for regulatory reasons. The Last Day Logged in does not verify that they did any work. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,Canvas will no longer load my classes in Windows XP.  I know XP is outdated to say the least, but it has been working flawlessly up until yesterday.  I can see where the class icon is trying to load but to no avail.  Any thoughts?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a test that I do as a quiz in canvas and I have a hands on portion. Is there a way in canvas to make the hands on assignment only 5% of the total score and the actual test 95%. I do not want to make assignment groups for each test so I can do ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are pushing grades from ExamSoft to Canvas, and for some reason it is pushing over as percentage instead of points. The assignment is set for points, and the grade push is set for points. Why would it be pushing grades as percentage, and how can w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how can i see my grades when it's not working?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi AllI have created a custom role and I need to remove it.  I have no idea how to do this, any suggestionsThank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you access Speedgrader from the Gradebook?Here's what I see when I click on the three vertical dots. Useful drop-down items, Due date, Speedgrade, MuteI know if I click on the assignment title, and then the three vertical dots, I can access it...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

when I import grades from Akindi grading platform should the exam be set on manual or automatic?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

nothing on my canvas will load.  I can't see anything.  I can click on courses, calendars, anything really, and nothing will work.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i send an email to a. one studentb. all students in a class

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why are my classes in the dashboard not showing up right on the computer but will on my phone. On the computer they are just flashing white lights while on the phone they have the color and the title of the course and I can look at my assignments 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am registered for courses but my account keeps saying my account access is denied. I am not sure what to do? Please help me

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i used the course link validator and some of the responses say "download wrap=1"What does that mean and how do I fix that?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My canvas isn't working on my mac. I can only access my modules but I cannot view texts shared with me under my modules. Please help I can't do any homework at home.

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to see the names of my classmates and i need to know how to do so.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Need help,I have logged onto Canvas multiple times for my newest class (Tracing the Story of God) and the screen continues to show the class squares semi blank and blinking. Is there something wrong with the site? Please advise...Christopher Sparling...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I submit a reply in a discussion, when the reply box is disabled? It just says "loading replies" and will never load the reply box. This doesn't have anything to do with Wifi or Internet. Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies