Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,I am wanting to utilize the Canvas integration to pull assignments to my portfolio. However, I am wanting the Canvas assignments to be combined into one (1) large project. For example, I have a paper, a practicum log, a reflection, and some extern...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I am using the library search database ProQuest, the page prompts me to accept cookies (screenshot attached).  Even when I "accept all" it will still prompt after every page loads or re-loads.  It also does not matter which computer I use, o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I copied my Summer 22 course to my new Summer 23 course. For some reason all the replies from the previous course came along with the discussions. I want to delete all of those past replies OR copy all of the discussions without the past replies from...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-02-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way for canvas to automatically grade an essay question? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add Drag and Drop Google Slides to assignments?  I need the students to each have their own copy and to be able to move the items on the page. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the multiple dropdown feature in Canvas quizzes to run a survey for students. When I export the survey results using "student analysis," the order of the dropdown items is scrambled within each question. For example, if the dropdown items a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Is it possible to change the course navigation's "People" tab to say "People/Groups"? How can it be accomplished with CSS/Javascript? Thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to customize and rename the default submission types? The built-in options are Online, No Submission, On Paper, or External Tool. Obviously "on paper" and "no submission" accomplish the same thing, but "on paper" indicates that student...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to edit grades to an unpublished assignment? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like Canvas to add a feature allowing instructors to see an access report for entities such as assignments, announcements, and rubrics. Currently, we are able to see individual student access reports to determine if a student has accessed a g...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I don't think there has been a question exactly like this - I'd like to create a set of announcements that I can use across different sections but the posting date would be different.  They are going to be things like reminders 3 days prior to an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment is which students submit a Draft of their paper, have Peers Review it, and then submit a Final version using the feedback from their peers. My question is, is it possible to have the Draft and Final submission be the same assignm...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have set up my course and created my first section.  I added students and was able to add them to the section only ie they are not added to the course as well.  What are the implications of this such as what they cannot see?  Do I need to add t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I create severeal assigments under one group. But students were required to submit just 5, how can I grade just the ones they submit without damage their grades with the excused option?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm searching for a way to have a dynamic template for a single type of page, like a discussion. The point would be to have the ability to make global changes to this type of page but not have to redo the content that would be unique to each page. On...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students are completing a graphic organizer in preparation for an essay, and I want to grade several steps of the process. Here's some information: they will be working within one graphic organizer.  We will start by grading their claims and reaso...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Support , Please advice how I can complete it . SSL Certificate Security Updates Hello Admins,  As we mentioned in our April 6th communication to you, we are making an effort to implement best-practices for authentication providers in Canvas. W...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-23-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I am requesting a feature be added to Canvas to fix a very annoying weighting and grade sync issue between Canvas and Synergy.When creating assignments in the Synergy Grade Book, we are able to assign a "max score" and a "point value". This ma...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have been trying to get into canvas and even trying to restart the email. when looking for the code i notice i forgot a letter on the email and now i cant get in. Someone send help my way.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to observe students working on assignments during class period?When I taught face to face, I was able to glance at student's work to check for understand and help them stay on track>

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a number of senior capstone projects that are also group projects.  We have a need to use Moderated Grading with a Group Assignment, but that does not seem to be possible.  Is there a work-around that anyone has discovered?  Is there any chan...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to reopen an assignment that is from last grading period and cannot figure out how to do so. I am unable to edit the due date, I have tried duplicating the assignment and sending it to another Canvas course, but both methods still keep th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It would be extremely helpful to search for a student under Courses and then identify the course in which the student exists. Or, from inbox, navigate to the student’s course.if you have five sections of a course similarly titled and a student messag...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to assign an Assignment to all member of a Canvas Group.  This is not a group assignment; I want each student to do it individually, however I only want certain students in my class to do it.  I thought I'd be able to do this by selecting a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

It would be nice to add a next button to the Canvas announcements as we have under pages in order to move from one announcement to the next.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello wonderful community One of our teachers has noticed that a couple of their tasks are behaving strangely. This only started this past Friday (28 Apr 2023). These tasks span a few courses and were all created in the related Blueprint courses befo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I move a quiz that lives in Assignments to Quizzes? My quizzes somehow ended up in the wrong place, and not only is it visually distracting, student scores are not appearing in Grades.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i don't have admin option in my canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, As the professor, if I have dropped an assignment such as an exam that is worth 100 pts. and "unpublish" the assignment, does this remove the point value of that assignment so that it is not counted inthe total for all assignments that were pa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, everyone. I am new to Canvas Free for Teachers. I would like to ask if I can use software called Hot Potatoes to make interactive content for teaching English to students as a SCORM package. I can't see a SCORM option in the first place. How c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies