Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do you exclude certain students in a course from viewing an announcement? I have announcements that do not pertain to some kids and their observers. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been reading about Sections but don't quite understand them.  My issue is I am teaching two classes concurrently.  Each Canvas course correlates to a three week in-class session for one class then the second class rotates in for the same materia...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, we wanted to know if it is possible to create a quiz and indicate that students are not allowed to hand in the quiz until they have answered all the questions? If not, that would be a feedback from some of our teachers.  Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Bom dia, Estou iniciando o curso de Gestao de RH e estou totalmente perdida, poderiam me ajudar? desde já agradeço.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a module that contains BookWidgets exercises. (My institution has linked the accounts, this works fine.) My question:What happens to these BookWidgets links when I send a module to a colleague (through the 'send to' function)? Do the BookWidge...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm using Canvas for my class, but most of my students cannot log in with their QQ emails. Is the system currently blocking or not recognizing QQ emails (@qq.com)?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two classes running right now that do not allow students to submit during the "late" period. For example, one deadline was 12 Sep at 23:59, with an ability to submit with a penalty until 15 Sep at 23:59. However, since 12 Sep at 23:59 students...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

At my institution, we allow instructors to edit their class start and end dates. With this however, many of our instructors don't end up putting an end date, resulting in the course still appearing on dashboards forever. I'm wondering if folks have a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,We are finding ourselves creating new Sections in the middle of the school year as we get more students signing up.Is there a way to bulk assign all the Assignments we have added so far to a new Section, based on an existing section? I already ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am in brief calculus. I finished topic 1 yesterday and now it seems that all my work is lost, which is very disappointing. Can my work be saved? I got 100%. is there a submit button that I missed? Also Gradarius does not recognize my email, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

is there a way to restrcit students from signing up for an appointment less than 24 hours in advance?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello All, I hastily concluded a course this year and removed my students. Their data is still there but I'm hoping to still be able to see their quiz results in a summarized form/spreadsheet rather than in individualized results. I'm not seeing that...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas is a great product. Allowing users to hide completed tasks in the dashboard view would allow them to have a more minimal, user-friendly experience & align with UX principles of other todo style apps.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello I have a teacher who wants to reuse Rubrics but would like to make edits without impacting the original rubric. However, there is no copy rubric feature unless you've used the rubric in 2 or more assignments. Is there a way to copy rubrics so t...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So i've already linked my Canvas calendar to my Google calendar, it just shows other things.I'm added to a couple of courses as a TA, but that also means that the assignments for the students are also visible in my calendar. Luckily I can turn off co...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When using a rubric with account-level Outcomes, does that rubric need to be set as "Use for grading"? Or will the data be collected as long as the instructor actually uses the rubric even if it is not used to tally the assignment score?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im building an application that is making use of the canvas rest api tool with an access token I generated. Im able to get information like course assignments, quizzes, user information but Im not able to update it. Im wondering if there is a way to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to check Grade Book by student. I'd like to select their name and see all their grades for all their courses on one report. Is this possible?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Currently, Canvas calendar feeds do not include to-do's. It makes no sense why a student's event added to a calendar would be considered a separate type of entry. The simplest fix is student added calendar events should be the same as any other calen...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you email a parent when you only have their email address and they are not listed in the course or in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My canvas is glitching in the aspect where my courses, calendar, and discussion posts fail to load. I have tried quitting Safari and restarting my computer, but it is not working. How do I go about solving this problem? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After cross-list a section, whether the content submitted in the original course will be migrated or deleted

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I go about citing "Realize It" content in Canvas? I am a BSN student and we do not have textbooks for this course. All test information comes from the "Realize It" content.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have inserted a table 2x2 cells into a page. I can't work out how to resize the cell widths/margins. Thanks. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My class uses a choice-model curriculum. I front-load all of the modules and the choices for how to learn more about that specific area within our subject. Not every student has to do every project and assignment because they get to choose. However, ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am a student and created a group for an assignment. When making the group, I added the wrong person and they submitted the assignment before I could remove them. I have already removed them but their submission still remains as part of my group. Wi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to post a video response on a discussion board and the video I recorded just keeps continuing to load.  I have done video posts before on this site and never had a problem.  Any fixes for this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

PROBLEM: I am having an issue with Canvas with prerequisites and locking modules. First, we set up Pre-Requisites that say you can't continue until all things in the "Getting Started" module (module 1) are complete. We then locked modules 2-5 to a ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies