Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I recently required that students have a passing grade on "Assignment 1" in order to unlock "Module 2", which contained "Assignment 2". To do that, I set the completion requirements for Module 1 to be a passing score on Assignment 1. And then complet...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all, I am trying to move a module from a previous term into my current course. I can get the module from the previous course into my account- I see 13 modules I have moved in that area. But then, I can’t get the modules to flow into my current cou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am writing to seek guidance on an issue that I have encountered while using the Student Outcome Report feature in Canvas. I have set up all the outcomes for our institution's courses and units, but I am unable to view specific outcomes for a studen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-16-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

when we have meetings is this where I come or do I just go to zoom. Keona

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-10-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach a class on Wednesdays 4:30-7:30. In the past 4 weeks (March-April 2023) around 6:30pm my connection to Canvas starts to go off and on. My Zoom connection stays on, I just loose Canvas. Is something happening to Canvas at that time on Wednesda...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does one add a New language to the list of available languages? Need to add the Kunama language.

(Instructure)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to change the number of points possible for individual students?For instance, I have an assignment that students make progress on throughout the term, and I update the points possible each week - eventually the assignment is worth 40 p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

[Posting on behalf of an instructor]Hello,I am teaching a chemistry lab skills class to future process technicians that will be performing repetitive analysis.I would like to create a basic form (presumeably using HTML and Javascript or similar) to a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I am in a course (I can give brief access to anyone who thinks they can help) and there is clearly content in "Modules" but it's saying there is not and won't add it to the student view. Please advise. Thank you!! Screenshots below.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My daughter is no longer at her previous High School but I continue to receive emails and notifications from the previous school. There is no option in the notification setting on how to unsubscribe from a school's email list. Please advise 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My Dashboard is blank and can not access zoom link for class.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you report if your going to be absent.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Tôi đang cố gắng tìm hiểu "personalizesc.instructure.com " là gì, tôi đã đăng ký và tạo một khóa học mới nhưng nó không hiển thị trong danh sách các khóa học trên trang này (tương tự như phần thảo luận). Ai có thông tin xin giúp em với. Cảm ơn!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! i am new here.  I got a task from teacher to introduce myself on Canvas . Could you tell me please how can I do that? Which areas can I find it? Appreciate your help!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will there ever be a dark mode for the Canvas web?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-09-2023 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I keep getting this error messageAn error occurred while creating the Group Set: doFetchApi received a bad response: 400as I am attempting to put my students into groups.   The class begins tomorrow morning.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I've been using the Attendance Roll Call function in Canvas to check and keep a record of my students' attendance across my several classes. It is working just fine, however, when I viewed it today, there was no longer anything recorded. Is there...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas will not download properly.  It looks blown up and zoomed in.  I have tried edge,  firefox and chrome.  Currently trying to work in chrome.  Have gone through the steps "coach Emeritus" suggested back on 3/12/2018 here in the forum and nothing...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to allow students to mark questions within a quiz as "to be reviewed later"?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-08-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dears,Hope you can help me. ALL OUR ATTENDANCE data have been deleted and we don't know how and why.We use roll-call attendance did anyone encounter a similar issue? Best regards,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

WebEx loaded a new app this week and I am unable to clear previous scheduled meetings from the Canvas class.  My students cannot get to our live class and I thought I would just erase/delete the old scheduled class meetings and enter a new one, but n...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to complete the course, but when I click on the modules button, it will not let me mark the first one as completed, which means it will not allow me to move on to the second module.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-20-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have an assignment to upload a video to canvas via my "assignments" tab, I, however, do not have this tab. I am showing every other tab in my courses except this tab, so I cannot figure out how to upload and am running out of time to complete. I ha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-06-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I would like to have access to Emojis, Reactions (like on Zoom), GIFS, and other interactive ways to provide feedback and add comments to assignments. Is this possible? In the works?  Thanks! 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So a student had posted something to a discussion but couldn't remember what discussion it was, and wanted to use the text for a project. I tried the following:Clicked on "People"Clicked on the student's nameClicked on GradesAt that point (I am using...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a Ethics paper due and I have to find the text book in Canvas to do it  I do not know how to access / find it

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, Can anyone help to suggest a report which list down the course name, course ID, term and the number of student counts? Thank you. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When a file upload assignment is set up with set file types eg. xls,xlsx,pdfthe student submits a file - as it's loading they see the file name. Once it has supposedly submitted it views on the page in the pdf viewer but there is no indication what t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have review all the documents on how to work with blueprint courses, im following all the instructions. But when syncing the associated course all the pages and activities are duplicated. I don´t know if im doing anythig wrong. I create a blueprint...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have some students who are unable to submit an upload of a picture or assignment to their Canvas assignment.  In Gradebook when I click on a student, it gives me the option to 'Submit for Student', but when I upload the file, I get an error sending...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies