Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi everyone--Recently, the headings definitions have changed in Canvas to include a color attribute. Previously, the color was defined more generally for all text in the RCE.  This meant that if I defined an inline div with a color attribute, all of ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I added this as a support ticket today:  The gradebook column header Sort Icon is not visible (lower left corner).  Can this become more Visible in default state (or a part of the slickgrid menu plugin)?:  http://mleibman.github.io/SlickGrid/examples...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,Is there a way to Hide "Unpublished" status before the Start Date so students don't get confused that the class doesn't have content.Instead, can we hide the title totally until the Start Date?Thanks

• 6 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Can you add a feature where using the LTI via Canvas, instructors might upload student papers for the student? Sometimes for a variety of reasons, students have problems using the LTI, so they e-mail the paper to me (via Canvas, of course!!) as an a...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are all using (and mostly loving, I'm sure) Canvas, but sometimes there are things we try to do that we really shouldn't be doing "that way."As there is always more to learn, I was hoping that you would share with me the things that you've tried t...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 34 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I am an Instructional Designer at Utah State University. We are looking at two different types of faculty development, and I'm looking for strategies that work in getting instructors into seats for faculty development offerings. We have different two...

• 17 Likes
  • 27 Replies

There doesn't appear to be a quick way to delete multiple course rubrics.  I imported about 25 rubrics into a test course trying to see if I could get the more detailed descriptions to come over.  The descriptions didn't come over, but now the irrita...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I've been fighting with this for about an hour using the RCE and realized I could ask the question here!! I need to create a multi-level list. When I paste my content into the editor, it only lists numbers in each of the levels. There is a scre...

• 8 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Today I added an on-screen protractor for measuring angles in quiz questions. It can be toggled on and off from any question, and can be dragged around and rotated into position to overlay an image in order to measure an angle. This is the first of a...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We have a number of calendars in our SIS and I want to bring them across to canvas courses. I can get to the data in the SIS tables. It looks like this:  EVENT_IDSummaryDescriptionCategoryEVENT_STARTEVENT_ENDCalendar1791Benedict DayCommunity1/07/2016...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to assign a Quiz/Survey as a Team Assignment?  I would like to only have one submission per student group.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our students have been extremely happy with the Canvas calendar. So happy in fact, that they would like Canvas sites for all 90+ clubs and social groups that they have created. Currently, we can only offer official courses with enrollment coming  aut...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there any way to find out what LTIs are installed, and where they're installed?  We're trying to inventory what we're paying for and who's actually using it, and I've tracked what I've installed at the account level, but looking through 100+ accou...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

What is the ideal graphic size for a custom logo at the top of the new UI global nav bar?  Everything I insert / upload seems to get enlarged and does not match the size of the other graphics in the Nav bar.  Any one work through this?

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello Canvas Admins!  Please post use cases and other documentation in each of these features if you can in order to help justify these requests.  " modifiedtitle="true" title="In Permissions, Separate "Manage (add/edit/delete) assignments and quizz...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All.  We currently have an ongoing issue for students with the courses immediately available on the "Courses & Groups" menu (in the old UI) or as course cards on the dashboard (in the new UI).  (Note: We are still using the old UI, but I have test...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm looking for a method to add a new user to a group at the sub-account level.  The steps to add a person to a sub-account group I know.  My problem is that our users are added in by our SIS to the root account.  But then we create sub-accounts and ...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I recently had an assignment where my teacher gave me a good comment. I replied back saying "Thank You!" but I would now like to delete my comment. Is there any way to do so? Thanks in advance!

• 0 Likes
  • 45 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello:I tried to change the due/until dates on a Canvas quiz after I initially released it to my students. Although the new dates were correctly displayed in the Quizzes area, the system automatically submitted students' work on the original due date...

• 10 Likes
  • 40 Replies

Hi,- Can admin undelete or bring back the "accidentally deleted" user account? if so , what is the right method?- And will the setting and data be restored for that user?Thanks

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,Our users can't change their password once log in and went to the setting. Is that because we use "use the Canvas Open API" as Token for user to log in. The password is linked back to our server instead of using password in Canvas.Thanks

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,We have both SIS script run and manual import at the same time. So how can I see the logs from UI ? right now when click on the UI, SIS Import, the only one shows is the Last Batch of Import.Thanks

• 13 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hi All,Are there any suggestions for the best/easiest way for faculty/teachers to preview exams/quizzes with the correct answers being viewable? The "Preview" does not provide answers and once you are in editing a quiz and are under the "Questions" t...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have an instructor who when cutting and pasting content from blackboard PAGES of code come in BUT when I go back into her blackboard account and look at the code it's a very simple code not remotely similar to what comes thru.  I am a beginner when...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hey Gang,Does anyone know if there is a way to configure Storyline activities to report a score of incomplete or complete in Canvas?We're currently using SCORM 2004 (4th edition), with a completed/incomplete report, that tracks using a quiz result. W...

• 10 Likes
  • 17 Replies

Hi Admins! I just noticed a disconcerting change, which I think first appeared after the Jan. 9 update.We do not allow anyone in Canvas to use the +People button, except for a very specific role, and Admins. I use it fairly frequently to add students...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 Replies

We wanted to use the LTI WebEx tool as our default conferencing tool, in replacing of the default Canvas Conferences tool. Is there an easy or hacky way to disable the Conferences by default?Thanks!

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All,I'm noticing that there is some differences in terminology that is already confusing staff in my office...and if you see the last screenshot for some reason the term name goes away from the user's enrollment list when a user is inactive in the...

• 12 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to pull a list of each user's contact information including any additional contact methods the user has added? The user report only contains the default email address. I did not see anything in the Canvas Data schema that might support...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies