Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have been trying to login on canvas on my iMac and it is not working, I am able to get into the account but when it opens the page doesn't seem to be fully loading but, the icons are not poping up

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using TWA/ Go-React for an ASL college course. My teacher has setup the class for it but my dashboard isn't loading for the class material. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have class online on Mon.and wednes.why is it that I am not able to login onto canvas I missed the whole class  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

As an instructor, I went to my modules section and linked assignments from paper & online homework, so that students could see them from Modules. They are in order: 12345678 in the Assignments menu.After they populated the Modules section, they were ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello, I received a pairing code for my daughter, but not for my son, and so I cannot add him to the ParentVue/Canvas system. How can I add him to the system, please?  Kind regards,Anastasia

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I post my office hours to multiple sections without entering into each sections' calendar? In other words, I want to post my office hours for my classes but is there a way to do that one time for all of the classes? I do not see such an optio...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I join my teachers group and do my assignments while being suspended at home

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a high school instructor.I entered all of my students' school email addresses to CANVAS to put them into the course. They can now see the course on their CANVAS home page. Each student has an SIS ID that looks like "student_12345" with different...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to print online attendance, or sort by last name?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I cannot access wi-fi on campus, so cannot access canvas from cell phone- but used to work just fine.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The gradebook is not calculating a score correctly for just a handful of students, and I can't figure out why. One of my weighted categories is Learning Engagement/Classwork. As of right now at the beginning of the year, only one assignment in that c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-06-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am not able to access an assigned quiz.I get (no quizzes available ) message.Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to schedule the opening of Pages within a Module that is already opened and published?  I'd like to have some things opened in the module for students to access, and then have other items (i.e. pages or files) open later in the week.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After following directions to enable pronouns our profile indicates that there are none to select. Does this just mean that our school does not have pronouns enabled?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For the last couple of years, LaTeX code typed between \( and \) would render as an equation once a Canvas page was saved. This was not working for me today. Typing, say, \( k^2 \) just produced "\(" rather than the desired k with an exponent 2 on it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Lately I have been experiencing when I log into canvas a pop up almost every single time asking for me to verify a code that has been sent to my phone. It is getting quite annoying having to get the code every time to log in.. does anyone know...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m looking for a way to update my Canvas external tool with the currently active course sections.Currently, I'm receiving each user's current sections (name and id) as a custom field defined in the developer key:$Canvas.course.sectionIds$com.instruc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student, can we receive a notification when a new course is made available on our Canvas? I don't want to receive a notification for all material added to a course - just when a new course is made available or opened up by the instructor.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I copy and paste a link from another canvas page, it brings the link itself as well as the text, which is lovely, but every time it pastes it it includes the text "Links to an external site" as part of the link text. This is potentially useful for...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to duplicate a quiz and retain multiple due dates? I have been able to duplicate a quiz and retain one due date, but not multiple. Is there a way to do this on New or Classic quizzes?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a returning student after taking a break due to covid complications in my family.  I had to take some incompletes.  Is there any way that I can still access those classes in canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Science Literacy 101 and the class is divided into recitation groups, with each recitation group further divided into student teams. For team related work, one team member is responsible for uploading the team work into Canvas under their nam...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Im having trouble signing into canvas. I put my insite email and password. I even tried putting request password and waited 30 min and i have not received any emails and its been 2 hours now. i am putting the correcr email

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason dragging and moving my courses will not work and neither does the "Move To Top/Bottom" button. I want to organizes the classes that I am enrolled in but they will not move when I am moving them. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't get Rich Content Editor to come up on my canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to log on to canvas on my laptop & I just so happened to forget the password. I have been trying to reset my password for 3 days. I haven't received the reset email each time that I have put it in. It's not in my spam mail or anyth...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I keep the word "Assignment from appearing in the Grade Book?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I keep the word "Assignment from appearing in the Grade Book?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am a new student and never did any online course before. Cant find my course and how to access the orientation. Can you please help me.thanksNaofa

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have code that fetches a list of students in the course using the following endpoint:CANVASURL:443/api/v1/courses/COURSEID/users?enrollment_type[]=student&enrollment_state[]=active&per_page=100 Previously I would receive student data that looks lik...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies