Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Unfortunately, I'm limited to the Canvas App on my cell phone this weekend. I have a module I'd like to publish this morning, but I can't. I'm really frustrated by this lack of functionality.(No, I can't get into my Canvas site through my school's we...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like for students to be able to update their profile and add the name they would like to be called -- please help!!! 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone help with the syntax to be used while importing a Classic Quiz question and answer, Type multiple_choice_question, multiple_dropdowns_question, multiple_answers_question,Would be great if someone can help understand the API with an exampl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We create our Canvas accounts from an API integration with our SIS and we are seeing a large number of accounts that show emails as unconfirmed. We have been in touch with both our SIS (Anthology Student) who built the integration and Canvas. Canvas ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am having trouble with my password. I wrote down my password so I would not forget it but the password I used is not working. So, I hit the reset your password button and I have not received the link to reset it. I have done that 4 times and waited...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why Canvas does not have a post/publish date for assignments? This would be extremely helpful. I do not view this date to be the same as available date. This was very useful in Google Classroom.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Canvas home page disappeared -Lesson page also disappeared but still able to see on pages.How do I put it back?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to remove the incorrect mark on a canvas graded question if it's right but the fill in answer was just spelled incorrectly?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I upload/add my powerpoint from google drive to Canvas.I used "external link" but when my students go to click it, it doesn't open. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

no I don't have any question. at this time.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can log on my phone and laptop, however, even changing my password produces the same result. Canvas does not log in. I cleared cache and cookies on Amazon Silk. What else can I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Overnight, our Google Drive upload option has disappeared.  I know this is probably an adjustment in settings that we haven't found, but I can't find a quick fix in the Canvas Release or Deploy notes.The "upload" option appears, as does the Dropbox u...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a special education teacher at a high school and have a "caseload" class. I was wondering if there is  way to publish a page without every student seeing other students' names? For example, my caseload is a page. I do not want other students' na...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hello,  I am unable to login in to my account, I have reset my password and still have issues. Can someone help? Mariam Hoq

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep getting an error message when I am trying to make a Teams meeting with my group.  Can you help?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a professor that has pointed out that the drop-down menu to view multiple submissions doesn't appear consistently when there are more than 65 attempts at a quiz.We also see the "see all submissions" link for every student even when many only a...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,Wondering if anyone else is encountering a "Forbidden 403" error on PDFs when embedded.  Students can pop it out and open it in a new tab just fine, but when embedded on the page, they're receiving this error.  Thoughts?  All sharing permissions h...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a canvas account that our school has been using for years. I can't remember who has admin privileges....how do I figure out who has admin rights? there has been so much turn around with instructors, and I don't want to have to open up another...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can’t get too module 1 without because every math equation I put from the calculator seems to be wrong

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The quiz guide does not show what I see in my canvas. I do not have access to anything but a page of stats that is not printable or downloadable, and it is by class only. I cannot get stats on individual students or on the overall performance across ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I recreate a Canvas course site based on a previous year's version of the site, are the contents of Discussion forums erased? I hope that Discussions will transfer without the content. Thanks, Matthew

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello! can't my instructor see the file that I mistakenly submitted in an assignment from undated assignments?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Uploading a PDF to modify and resubmit for an assignment?! How do I modify the PDF form? step by step guide please? Thank you so much.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My campus just switched from Blackboard to Canvas. In Blackboard you could set up a column that would add up points from columns you individually selected to produce a running total that students could use to see how they were performing as they comp...

• 1 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hello, I am building a test for my class in Canvas. I have a bunch of MC questions worth 1pt each and one matching question with 8 matches, worth 8 pts. I would like to shuffle the questions, but when I do, the matching question gets degraded to one ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do you have a help desk phone number? Canvas won't load. Can I please just get a phone number for customer service so my child can work on his homework on our home computer? If let's him log in but then freezes - He cannot see his dashboard.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I moved a file to a new folder in my Blueprint course.  The file is part of an assignment.  When I opened the assignment in the Blueprint course, the file comes up fine.  So apparently the assignment is now "pointing" to the file in its new folder.  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all!  Is there a way for an indicator to appear beside a score when in the entire class gradebook?  I know if i click on each individual student's name, I can see it, but it would be so beneficial if I could just scan my entire list of class score...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was invited to amazon technical academy pre-requisite class and provided with username and trying to log in the Canvas account but I don't know how to connect this class by the invitation in the Canvas site. Can you please help me? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies