Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I recently switched schools and am using Canvas after using it somewhere else the last couple of years.  Is there a way to access my old courses from another district?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a parent observer who is also listed as a student and it is messing with my grade book.  Is this something I would have done incorrectly at set up OR the parent observer might have accidentally done?  Her child is also signed up as a student, ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are using roll call attendance as a grade for our semester classes.  However, our grades are determined by quarters.  How can we set roll call attendance to reflect on this quarter's attendance?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a URL or other type of parameter we can pass along with the authentication provider direct URL so after SSO the person lands on a specific course. For example /login/saml/40?course_id=125Thank you,-Phil

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So last year I was very confused and changed my display name to something I was comfortable with last year but I realize this year that I was wrong and re transitioned back how do I change my display name to my real name?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone else tried using the Module Requirement function because you need your students to view every page, but you have a small percentage of students who report that Canvas is not marking the pages as read? Is it a Mac issue or App issue? I stop...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am starting a new semester and imported a course from last semester.  How can I delete/clear or import without, the previous students work submissions?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My course won't sync to Microsoft Teams. I keep getting this error message and I don't know why.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm on the last question of the test and there is one more option (which happens to be the correct answer in this case) in the dropdown menu that is hidden from view. If I were to describe it non-technically, it seems to be hiding under my windows t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HiI'm working on a study that students need to complete the pre-survey before starting module 1. I made the survey using Qualtrics and I made a module in canvas called the pre-survey module. I added the external survey link in this pre-survey module ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have set a custom front page as a home page. But it doesn't get counted in course completion. My course never shows 100 % completed as this page is not part of any module. Your suggestions will be helpful.  @KristinL @canvascommunity 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, It will not let me see my courses, dashboard, calendar or anything related to my classes. The website works on my phone but it does not work on my laptop. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to rearrange the layout of my course cards on my dashboard and I can't click-and-drag nor can I click on the three dots of the course to move it around the dashboard. It let me move stuff around easily last year, but now it isn't letting ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello im trying to lodge into my canvas I put in my username and password and lodge in but my canvas is blank like if there some kinda of loading error it keep pulsing like its loading but it wont change its been like this for a whole day me thinking...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas page is not loading on my MacBook Pro computer.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am not able to view any icons on the left side bar and don't know how to fix this problem.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I CAN SEE MY COURSES IN CANVAS ON MY IPHONE BUT WHEN I LOG ON TO CANVAS ON MY MACBOOK NO COURSES APPEARS 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

hello my canvas for my classes is blinking white with nothing on there ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I post a video to a class discussion after I am done recording it? Thank you. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas is not displaying  my courses. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how an instructor can audit course Announcements to confirm they were distributed to enrolled students?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

UPDATE: If you have the CidiLabs Design Tools:This seems so obvious now . . . .After giving this some more thought and submitting a ticket to CidiLabs Support, I realized that I could easily use the CidiLabs design tools to address this need in a few...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My safari is not letting canvas load and I need it to work on safari. I have safari 13 and have cleared everything out. please help asap. not happy. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I logged into canvas today and it doesn't show any of my courses on my computer, but it does show my classes and gives me access to them on my phone. I am unsure what to do, and I was wondering if this is an issue that you guys run into often. My nam...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student, and recently enrolled in classes for this semester. I contacted two of my professors after noticing that I am not added to their Canvas pages. Both of them told me that they looked up my name, and I am not on their roster. This is onl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can I convert a zip file to an imscc? The course I exported has been deleted, so I can't just start over. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi, I need some help because I am not able to read the comments from my instructor, I don't know what's going on because I was be able to readed in the past on my other courses, so if someone could help me with that.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I an an instructor who has used Canvas for years.  I did consult the Canvas Community re: this first.  Canvas seems to have done away with the "Display as Points" option in the Total column for the Gradebook.  Why?  I have each  assignment set to rec...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I forgot my password. When I click on the send me my password to my email button, I enter my email, but it is not being sent to me. I waited 30 minutes. I checked my spam folder. I tried everything again. It is the correct email. Help please. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a very strange situation.  I seem to have an option in my courses that at least one of the Canvas Admins at my institution does not have.  furthermore, three other faculty do not have this option either. When I go to Import course content and ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies