Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. Sorry if this has already been asked, but I didn't see it anywhere.Like many schools, we have 15-week semesters and then shorter terms during the summer (five weeks in my case). I'm thinking that creating a blueprint (i.e., master) and associated...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I ma registered in a class that starts today. In canvas, I am not able to access the class? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings!I would greatly appreciate if you would walk me through replying to discussion questions via online forum.Thank you in advance for your timely attention to this matter. Thank you,Elisa RandallPanther ID: 5643154Major: BA Psychology

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi thereI need to pull a list of users in each of my courses - we have around 85+ courses. Is there an easy way to do this? Without the need for lots of cross matching of reports?Eileen (Teacher with full Admin Rights)

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

my summer 2022 course is not on canvas. how can I add/see this course on canvas?I can see my fall 2022 courses. But not the summer course.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What happened to the option to message students based on these filters?  Can we get this feature back?It looks like the change may have been related to this being a Complete/Incomplete item, but if that's the case I still need a way to message all th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! We are Canvas LMS fans, but we are using the PowerSchool SIS as well. We are exploring the grade passback process. We are going to move to OneRoster in August before the next school year, so we are not able to fully test our processes out. Our...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recorded a video using the Rich Content Editor, but when playing it, no sound was heard, although visual-wise, the video was fine. My computer sound was up, the browser was not muted, and all access to the microphone was allowed, so I'm unsure what...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I set up Tiles - I can't see it on the menu of options 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Team,My Canvas is displaying three itmes in todo list but while calling the course todo api for current user it showing only one item in response why ? the same use can see in canvas three items in todo list .GET /api/v1/courses/:course_id/todo  t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can see that the threads in discussions are ordered by most recently used, but can you order them in different ways so that they don't move around?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Tried searching the help and community site pages, but couldn't find any details on what happens to Inbox Conversations if the course they are associated with is deleted.Has anyone tested or seen this happen? Also curious about messages associated wi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to export class content from a canvas account at one school, to another. Everything but the quizzes was able to be imported into the new account.I went into the class that I am trying to export to, and I selected the option to export only...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How and where can I find my lead certificate?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good evening. I took an exam maye 4 days ago and my professor messaged me saying that the recording of the whole tes was not saved. Only thing she saw was the surrounding recording. So far she was the only professor that states it was never recorded....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I created a self-enrolling group set with five groups. I then created a set of discussion questions and made them a group assignment. I get that if students go to People > Groups, they have the option to join the group of their choice and from the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Everyone,Please, I am currently enrolled in a Canvas Course from an organization. Another organization has invited me to enrol in its Course on Canvas. I have been unable to join the second course. It says my account details are invalid. I cann...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My name is Rochelle Caraway I registered for the class  webres2020. I took the quiz and passed with 100%Can you please pull my Cert? I emailed the documentation to Kathy Burton I wasn't able to successfully upload the proof here, however.     

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to auto-add an existing rubric to all discussions in all courses, versus adding one at a time to each week's discussion.I have a discussion forum rubric that I would like to automatically add to the weekly discussions of new courses.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to make a copy of a Canvas course without having a course assigned by my institution associated with it. I want to share the content with a colleague without inviting them to my active course. I have a sandbox co...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello. I tried to turn in an assignment but I can't even start it. There's no “start assignment”Button to press.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have noticed that when I make a New Quiz, that questions aren't translated into another language even if a student's Canvas settings are set to another language other than English.  In a previous guide/question, I saw the option to select to have m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The only thing I could find for pricing listed the number of users.  I don't know if that includes teachers or students.  Please advise.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to use the new quiz feature option instead of the classic. I'm creating a test where students will write one word per question. I'm using the fill-in-the-blank option. For example. 1. apple, 2. peach, 3. banana, etc. However, when I create...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Does anyone use, or know of a lockdown browser that is widely used on Canvas apart from the Respondus Lockdown Browser? Thanks Tony

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I would like to check whether any options available on Canvas to track/check the logs on Canvas root/sub-account theme management?When admin's made changes on Account themes, it's hard to track who made the changes.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that we can restrict the email domain of local accounts? We do not want to create accounts with email addresses from certain email domains.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies