Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

If each unit in my course is a module, what is the best way to post readings (pdfs) specific to that module? I've tried linking files to a module and it won't let me get back and add new files after the first bunch. Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I exported to courses to save. When I import the course to canvas, and try to view a quiz, no quizzes are reachable. It says "can't find valid settings for this link."

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot get the fill in the blank questions to work. It keeps saying I need a blank. I have tried using the backticks, brackets, and _____. What am I doing wrong??

• 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Not all of my assignments are in the canvas calendar, so I go add them manually. I have my Canvas Calendar synced to my Google Calendar, but only the events already in canvas get added, not the ones that I put in. Any ideas?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am an Instructional Designer for my college's Canvas instance. In our adoption of New Quizzes, we have run up against the issue of reporting for New Quizzes taking "up to 24 hours." If this were merely the outlier, it would be one thing, but...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had a few teachers who are not seeing their course associations with the Blueprint. They are enrolled in the Blueprint course and in the associated courses with the Teacher role. I can see as admin that the Blueprint courses have associations ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have changed schools and both use Canvas.  I was able to export to a thumb drive, but I think imported incorrectly but at max data capacity, so I need to delete the content but not the course.  How can I do this?   Thank you. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I  add  buttons that say:Schedule   Assignments   QuestionsThe current buttons are they're but they are not the ones I want. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I edit a syllabus after it has been published?For example, the syllabus includes suggested reading. Could I add more suggested reading after it has been published?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can students save a draft discussion post?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Everyone, I would like to ask if there is a way to create the same group sets for different course, is there a way to do this with a csv import? Thank you in advance! Melis.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a limit or a maximum number of assignments that can be assigned to a course? 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have two sections in one course, I am having a hard time filtering my grade book to reflect both sections without having to toggle back and forth.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,I have difficulties getting all the tabs on my screen and the sandbox.  It seems like it is buffering constantly what can I do to have access to contents and my class? Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

is the chat feature gone?  i can't seem to locate it

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my Navigation Bar, I cannot find 'Section'. Thus, I could not bulk assign students to certain Section. Anyone face the same issue and know the solution?? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Problem: Admin in sub-account A is a student in courses contained in sub-account B. When viewing the course calendar for the courses they take in B, they see the instructor view, not the student view. In our case they see events tied to specific sect...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can we add internal course codes that are not visible to students/ course dashboard?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Please how do I reset my password because using the forgot password isnt working? Ive tried severally but haven’t gotten 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I just enter a cell phone text not an email?Alex  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering if this is possible in quizzes in Canvas. I will be providing 17 total quizzes in my course, but I want only the top 12 scoring quizzes to count, and some students may not take more than the 12 that I require (they can take more, but th...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, When I log into my canvas my dashboard doesn't load. It glitches and won't let me look at my classes. I can't open any tabs such as calendar, etc. Is there a way to fix this issue? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

According to the canvas user guides, students are able to access their learning mastery by toggling between their grades as assignments vs their grades as learning mastery as instructors can see in canvas. However, when I log in as a student, I am no...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

While I am reading inbox messages and marking them off as read, when I return to the dashboard, those messages revert to unread. This is frustrating and needs to be fixed. It would be effective if the messages were marked as read after reading and mo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can roll call list students by first names ?And how would I do this? It is not an option in the attendance settings.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm not sure if this is possible within Canvas, but within New Quizzes, is it possible for each student to receive an unique set of questions?  For each question, I'd like for the Quizzes to pull from a small bank of questions.  For example:Possible ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher in the course.How do I get out of student view?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every semester, I run into the problem of students that are enrolling late in the course, and then they are left out of the discussion groups that have already been set up. I have to check People and manually add them to groups and hope that I caught...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies