Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We are forced to use Canvas at our school. Canvas has an inbox through which students can contact us. I d not like this as it adds another inbox I must check. I can forward the messages to my inbox but replyinf to those often gets an error message at...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can I view the questions on the test that most students missed or the percentage of students got right or wrong? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What instructions can I give my students for how to look for and listen to audio clip feedback I leave on discussions and assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor in an online, asynchronous course.  Suppose I give students two chances to take a quiz and allot 15 minutes to take the quiz.  Is it possible to change the amount of time allotted on the second attempt?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If you set-up a prerequisite and then get a new student to your classroom, can a prerequisites or requirements for an individual student?  I love this feature, but we do get new students added to the class throughout the year.  Their grades are trans...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I love canvas and want to create a course separate from my institution. Am I able to do a private course or must it be affiliated with an existing school?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been following up a request about course progress tracking and as there isn't a native feature for this in Canvas I wanted to see if there was any applications out there that provide this feature as a plug in instead?M thought would be that ever...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Video recording won’t work for me. When I click “start recording” the countdown begins but then after “1” it just closes out of the recording screen instead of recording me. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to provided answer feedback on quizzes on questions-types such as: True/FalseCategorizationOrderingEssayI have learned how to provide feedback on Multiple Choice, but I was wondering about the other question types.   Thanks in advance!...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there, I have had a few instances when duplicating a calendar event (say for a course topic which runs from Monday to Friday, where the start and finish times are excelarated by one hour.  For example* Monday 9am to 4pm is duplicated for extra fou...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I add an app in Edu Center with our web site url,install it in Canvas/Course/assignment/submission select list . It will be loaded in iframe when we preview this assignment. But it can't work well. The iframe is blank, there is nothing. And it log 40...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

What is the font used in Canvas for Elementary? It is very primary friendly!   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with developers to develop a custom report we can pull from Canvas that shows us the final grader or all graders required to grade submitted work. We are using a CRON job to go through the data.Below are a couple of questions from my dev...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There does not appear to be a way to export and import content into item banks through the GUI or an API.  Is there an API (or one coming soon) for Item Bank import/export?  We also reviewed the full Course Export in IMSCC format and could not find t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'd like to embed a Google Trend line graph into a Canvas page, so that it automatically updates. I tried pasting the code that Google provides into the html editor, but when I save it there is nothing on the page. The code is below. <script type="te...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have overhauled our rubrics for 2022 and standardized everything at 100 points. I've labeled them all a 2022 Essay etc. (Don't get me started on generic rubrics. You have to compromise sometimes.)My entire list of all rubrics known to man is in th...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

HelloI I forgot to upload my course before leaving for summer and they have disappeared.  When I went back I found that I should be able to locate them in courses under past enrollment.  When I look there though, I see my courses from 2020-2021 but n...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I register my daughter for a course under her name and not mine

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access photos in a Quiz for an Art Class and it doesn't matter if I change browsers.  Still cannot see photos and therefore I CANNOT ANSWER QUESTIONS.  Teacher says to ask Tech Support.  Can't even send in a ticket nor REACH any tech support...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an IT assistant at my college and I received a call that a past course is no longer showing under the courses tab and past enrollments. I'm unsure of how to resolve this issue. Any help would be appreciated

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello.Where can I find information on specific computer operating  systems (the minimum version required) for Canvas LMS?Although, the article below provides information on specific browser versions required, and unless I missed it, it does not provi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use our own design through JS, but since the new quizzes are LTI can this still be achived?We use JS to restrict and remove a lot of menues in canvas, due to it being way to cluttered and overencumersum for lots of our userbase. And we see the sam...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can courses on Canvas Catalog be listed in a calendar view? If not can the offerings of a sub category be arranged by course start date? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help how to download A VIDEO of myself. Im newbie and I need a little bit help I'm confuse here.Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

was enrolled in some courses in February that were to end in the Fall, They were self paced.  However, I no longer find them in my Dashboard.   I find this odd and very strange.  I've reached out to the professor but I have not received any replies. ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was not aware, until this evening, that every time I update a Canvas page, it is sent to any student who has checked that off in their Notifications.  Can I block some updates going to students if I am still editing the page?Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,What happens if you fail the 3 attempts? How can you get past and try again/move forward?Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I switched to a new college. How do I change Canvas from my current college to the new one?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I access my student canvas if I go to the Philippines?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I create a single word bank for a fill-in-the-blank quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies