Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a simple question.  I can't seem to find how to add a new handout to the handout page and publish the handout for students?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-06-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Having a single line option makes the Apple pencil almost unusable unless the student uploads a very large pdf. Having line thickness options would help immensely. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'd like to get your input on which image hosting sites are best to use for Canvas. We used Flickr before but it turns out we cannot host our own image and use the link to our courses. Flickr terminated our account so a great number of courses is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students are using the free draw annotation tool but it is not visible when grading with Speedgrader.  Any suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a Quzzes Next quiz and can see it in my module and in the "Quizzes" area of the course navigation, but when I tried to create a "course link" to it in an announcement (or a page), I could not find it under "Quizzes". I found it under "Assig...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

To low respond by contact mail to report ph1s1ng/sp4M, i found it from google search, maybe hundreds of thousands of links  https://shrib.com/?v=nc#Elsie73LP6Lahttps://pastelink.net/2x79dhttps://pastelink.net/2x79nhttps://pastelink.net/2x79phttps://p...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can GET the quiz_assignment_overrides but can't figure out how to POST.  Here is an example of a quiz that I set up in Canvas with multiple sections and due dates.  I would like to be able to POST this information so it doesn't take as long.   { ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how to change my personal mailid account to clg mailid account  without deleting my academic courses and account details

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Estoy tratando de encontrar mi curso , Técnico superior en Integración social . Mi escuela entro en está plataforma y hasta ahí llegó mi curso donde solo llevaba una semana. Estoy perdida desubicada por favor ayúdenme gracias.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The assignment was to record an answer to a prompt.  The student recorded and submitted the media recording.  I found and graded the file in Speed Grader.  Can I now export/download that media file to another location? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been trying to make a personal course for my band students, and I cannot get a access code, has anyone else had this problem? I'm sure I am just looking in the wrong places, but, I need help. I don't know where to go and have been dealing with...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Reason why I'm asking: We would love to have the Student Annotation tab appear ahead of the File Upload tab. Most students find it easier to annotate directly on the assignment, but there are a few that prefer to print it out and submit a picture/sca...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a course.  I authenticate with my  school district Google account. We work in a Skills Center so students come to us with a variety of email accounts.   If I create a course how can students register if they already have a canvas account? M...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-04-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there anyone in this group who has experience servicing a GDPR data request for Canvas student data?  What method did you use to gather all of the student's data?  Have you had a request to delete a student's data based on the GDPR, and how did yo...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a setting that will block student access to a test AFTER the test has been completed and graded?   We use departmental tests and don't want the test questions floating around in the general population, which is happening because students cur...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Recently we upgraded canvas on our instance and using the 26-05-2021 version, but since that, we are facing some issues like icon tiles are mismatched, is this i bug that can be fixed, or do we need to roll back? Can anyone please provide a solu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!I need to create some kind of clever system in Canvas which enables students to assign their own names into small groups of two or three individuals. We would like to offer them the benefit of choosing their own groups for a small seminar proje...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an exam where the students download an Excel file, work problems, fill it in and upload it. It's an asynchronous class and the students start at different times and have a time limit. I can do time limits on quizzes, but can't figure out how t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a problem accessing my midterm examination due to the prerequisites of module that I need to answer faculty evaluation yet I cannot access the faculty evaluation anymore.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hello, How am I able to see who my professors are for upcoming semester?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-03-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to use the following js function in pages?      width: calc(100% - 10px)     If not, is there any other alternative? I find myself very limited while creating responsive pages in Canvas. Any advice that does not include third-party too...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So, this has just started happening the last couple days. When I switch over to the "Pretty" HTML editor and begin typing a tag the HTML editor will send me to the bottom of the editor. Super annoying and makes it unusable for me. Has anyone else enc...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What collaboration tools are you using for the HyFlex courses? We are implementing this option in the Fall semester.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently I assigned a quiz for a completion grade.  It is the day before the quiz is due but for some reason I can no longer see the quiz in my student view.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

1. I have a sub account in Canvas. I have configured an external tool under Apps in Settings at the sub account level, which I manually created, and I entered launch URL, Shared secret, consumer key, domain (without any http(s)://) for that App and S...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I'm in the process to converting our assignments into using an external LTI tool with assignment selection. I'm trying to submit the user's assignment via the Submissions API as an `online_text_entry`, but I keep getting a `"message": "Invalid...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can anyone explain why students are able to submit their Google LTI external tool assignments after the Canvas assignment has been locked? I wanted them to be able to submit their final in a Google Doc so I could use the plagiarism check feature.  I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi there.  When I moderate a certain task, can we have an option to see just one class, via a filter? I guess some form of a tickbox where you can select the class that's doing a task is ideal.    At the moment, even if I only teach 2 classes, I can ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

This question is more of a SOP / best practices than a technical question. I am sure other schools have encountered this situation. A class is divided into 2 or more sections - could be lab sections in a very large science class; or in my case, 2 gro...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, We are new to Canvas, went live 6/1. We are Canvas ILP. I have question on notification to faculty.  Does anyone know if Canvas send alert/notification/email to  faculty when student(s) are added their courses ? In our case, we have section bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies